main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Best lighsaber duel in the prequel trilogy?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Feelicks, Jan 12, 2013.

?

Best PT Lightsaber Duel

1. Darth Maul v.s. Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon (Episode I)

50.3%
  2. Dooku v.s. Obi-Wan (Episode II)

0.6%
  3. Dooku v.s. Anakin (Episode II)

2.5%
  4. Yoda v.s. Dooku (Episode II)

4.3%
  5. Dooku v.s. Obi-Wan & Anakin Rematch (Episode III)

4.3%
  6. Obi-Wan v.s. Grievous (Episode III)

3.1%
  7. Windu v.s. Palpatine (Episode III)

5.6%
  8. Darth Vader v.s. Obi-Wan (Episode III)

50.3%
  9. Yoda v.s. Darth Sidious (Episode III)

9.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xenor

Xenor Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2014
    If it would be cut like this then Anakin vs Obi-Wan

Close second is Qui-Gon / Obi-Wan vs Maul

2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan is the best, followed closely by Darth Maul's fight against Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd love to see an extended version of Qui-Gon vs Maul on Tatooine, they have a great little battle that has real atmosphere with all the dust. The heat, the dust and brilliant sunshine make the atmosphere and are an extra ingredient that no other duel has come close to replicating elsewhere.

4. SithMaul

SithMaul Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2015
    Darth Maul .

5. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    I feel The Phantom Menace provides the most visually dazzling and in some ways the most emotional duel(I really feel Obiwan's anger swelling when Quigon dies)and that blended with the iconic Duel of Fates theme puts it over the top for me.

All_Powerful_Jedi and mes520 like this.
  6. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul.

A few months ago, I would've said Anakin vs. Obi-Wan but it does feel a bit too long...and yet still the best part of that duel is the part in which Duel of the Fates is playing.

7. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    My in terms of choreography, emotion, effects and just overall "wow" is for sure the Mustafar duel. But I do agree with the poster who said it sometimes looks silly and too flashy, and yes, Anakin sounds completely idiotic and unbelievable the entire fight.

So I had to pick the Anakin/Obi Wan vs Dooku re-match. It's short and sweet, Anakin's lightsaber player is dizzying. I like the confidence that's shown of now Anakin and Obi Wan have bonded and learned to maximize their lethality together, and Anakin kinda giving warning to Dooku that he should surrender because he's about to be owned. I also love Dooku's line of "twice the pride, double the fall." It's kinda subpar a duel until Obi Wan is taken out, and then the two go head to head (unintentional pun)

8. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    The Phantom Menace had the best one. Maul comes off as a real threat, Qui-Gon makes his last stand, and Obi-Wan becomes the surprise hero (if you haven't seen the OT yet). They limit the locations to a really cool, epic setting and then end the battle in a more intimate one so the characters can do their thing.

Obi-Wan/Anakin could have topped it, but with how it was cut in some ways I found myself more emotionally engaged with Yoda/Sidious and hoping that the little guy could overcome the powerful Sith Lord. It just gets too ridiculous for a battle that should have been more intimate the whole way through. Then there's those cutesey floaty robot things I don't want to get started on. Both the beginning and the end of the duel are great, though, and do what they were meant to.

9. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    It's a close one between Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon and Anakin vs Obi-Wan

I think the best technical duel goes to Maul vs Obi/Jinn. Most emotional goes to Obi and Anakin because we have seen them grow together throughout 3 movies. They were really close friends which made the duel that much more emotional.

I voted DM vs Obi/Jinn but it could go either way. I loved both. I just don't like how Lucas always cuts to different scenes during these duels. It kind of takes away from the fights too much. I want to watch it without and cuts to different scenes.

10. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    My list of the PT Duels off the top of my head:

1. Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader (Mustafar, not OT)
    2. Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
    3. Count Dooku vs. Anakin and Obi-Wan (ROTS)
    4. Yoda vs. Darth Sidious
    5. Yoda vs. Count Dooku
    6. Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious
    7. Count Dooku vs. Anakin and Obi-Wan (AOTC)
    8. Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul (Tatooine)
    9. Obi-Wan vs. Grievous