main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Best Lightsaber duel of all time (so far)?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zompusbite

zompusbite Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 3, 2014
    For the novel only.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    problem is, obi wan vs anakin/vader was kid of boring. It had little emotion, or epicness. It should have been more brutal and stark. I think by the time we got to that it was a little undwerwhelming, and too choreographed. I think the Obi Wan/Maul was the best followed by Luke/Vader. To me the fight at the end was the only redeemable part of TPM.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. ExiIe

ExiIe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2014
    Pre vizla vs maul, short but intense. A non force user using everything in his arsenal to try and stop a sith was awesome. No stupid dialogue that ruins the tension unlike a lot of other fights. This is how hard of a fight jango should of given

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Malak vs Revan. Only lightsaber duel in which the protagonist lures his archenemy through a recently constructed minefield while lobbing thermal detonators at his head.

Or was that just me?

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Kreia vs Exile. Only lightsaber duel in which the protagonist lures flying lightsabers one by one behind a pillar and deals with them there.

...Hey, I messed up with the skill leveling.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Movies: Anakin vs Obi-Wan
    Books: the Luke and Ben vs Jacen/Caedus and the death of Mara Jade. Also I think Luke and Krayt vs Abeloth would be epic to see visually

7. Ebocious

Ebocious Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2015
    By your logic, there are two losers here. Lord Sidious' objective was to kill the Jedi; he failed. Grand Master Yoda was never defeated.

And there's something else to consider: it's been pointed out previously that a fall like Yoda took would have crippled Sidious. He was an old man, and much, much heavier. We know what happens to old men when they so much as stumble on flat ground, let alone fall several stories. Even if he'd bounced off the Chancellor's podium, he would have broken his foot, if not his neck, back, hip, leg, arm, hand, finger, toe, or any combination of these. It was one thing for him (or Dooku) to land squarely on his feet in a negotiated jump; an uncontrolled fall for a human wouldn't be so pretty. He didn't let Yoda go; Yoda escaped, unharmed - while Sidious hung from the Senate pod - before his backup arrived.

Had there been time, Yoda had the perfect opportunity at that point to hurl one more pod up at Sidious while he was hanging there. And imagine if they were fighting on Yoda's turf; Yoda was already safely out of the line of fire, and Sidious was left hanging when the troops showed up with their blasters. Sidious was struggling to hang on with both hands, and had almost lost his grip twice. Had he done it a third time (e.g. using one hand to try and force push the first troops into the wall), that may have been it for him. Likewise, a single shot from a blaster may or may not have killed him instantly, but it most certainly would have caused him to lose his grip. One shot, or one slip of the hand... either way, it's curtains for the Emperor.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Holy thread revival.

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, while I've posted here in the past it's a favourites thread through and through and should have probably been locked back in 2012.

[​IMG]

Point Given likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.