main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Military/War Games...PS2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by deadjedi_willbe, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    I went to Blockbuster tonight hoping to rent a military game. There were so many there, I decided to hold off and ask the JC Gamers.

Which one(s) would you recommend, and what's cool about them? :)

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Well, I've always liked the Medal of Honor series. It's a FPS set during WWII. I haven't played the new Call of Duty game that just came out, but it's extremely similar to MoH from what I hear... plus it was great on the PC.

I'm not entirely sold on the newest trend, which is the Vietnam era FPS. But who knows, maybe a couple of them are pretty good. Can't tell you for sure, though.

3. deadjedi_willbe

Aug 31, 2003
    A while back I played the MoH where D-Day is revisited. The first two levels were good, but it got rediculous as the game progressed. The new WWII game looks pretty good.

4. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    I have tried the new Call of Duty, very horrible compared to the PC version. But otherwise it feels like the very much improved sequel to Medal Of Honor Frontline. I suggest renting that as it took me only 5 hours to complete.

Military wise I highly suggest trying Socom US Navy SEALs 1 and 2 very exciting and tense games where some moments reinact scenes from Black Hawk Down or Tears From The Sun. The new Ghost Recon 2 is also very good with some chaotic levels similar to battles in Saving Private Ryan.

5. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS 2

Ghost Recon

6. PrelateZeratual

PrelateZeratual Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    Armored Core 2 and three! Then comes Killswitch

7. JediGaven

JediGaven Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2004
    SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS 2

Not that it would really matter since you're renting the game, but SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS 2 online is downright awesome. I've spent an entire weekend playing that game online.

8. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Entire weekend?

I spent an entire year of my life devoted to that game online. I have created a bunch of close friends who live next to me in San Francisco and have some of the best clan matches and online experiences ever in my life on it. The voice chat just made the game almost perfeect, I even worked hard enough to get myself into the top 1% without cheating.

Socom 2 was the best game I ever played.

9. deadjedi_willbe

Aug 31, 2003
    Not that it would really matter since you're renting the game, but SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS 2 online is downright awesome. I've spent an entire weekend playing that game online.

Oh good deal. Where can I find it?

10. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on the PC is a brilliant, involving and exciting game, with interesting levels (the U-boat dockyard in Norway, the Afrika Korps aerodrome in North Africa) and all round good "kill Germans" gameplay.

This level of fun is something that has totally eluded the console ports of MOH, however. Rising Sun sucked bad, with linear levels, subpar graphics, poor weapons (the sniper rifle had such a limited zoom that it was rendered useless, and there was only one level where it was of any use, the Bridge on the River Kwai one, and even then, it wasn't essential) and just wasn't that fun to play. The opening level was brilliant; you were on board the USS California on that fateful Sunday morning. Zeros and all that buzzing overhead, confusion, fires, bombs, the Arizona sinking, etc etc. It was really exciting.

The rest of the eight levels (yes, a mere eight levels that weren't even that long) were total disappointments. The purpotedly stealthy Singapore Sling level only required any measure of clandestinity for like the first two minutes, after which it was just run and gun through the streets of Singapore.

While not approaching the lameness of Rising Sun, Frontline wasn't exactly crash-hot either.

What's a good military FPS on the PS2? Hmmm...let's see, about the closest you'll really get is SOCOM or the assorted Rainbow Six games.

11. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Personally, I like Killzone, The Medal of Honor series,and Call Of Duty.

12. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Hey Admiral Z, are you saying that Rising Sun sucks for PC or for another platform? B/c if it sucks for PC i wont bother picking it up.

13. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I was wondering what KillZone is like?

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Hey Admiral Z, are you saying that Rising Sun sucks for PC or for another platform? B/c if it sucks for PC i wont bother picking it up.

Rising Sun is not on PC; Pacific Assault, which is for PC, is an entirely different game-- not a port at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.