main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best moment musically in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by KevinUCF, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takis

takis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2002
    I think John Williams really should not have mixed up the themes of the Droids (Droid Army Theme) and the themes for the Clones.
    For the Clones he gave it the Droid theme first and then the Imperial March. Since the Clones are such symbols of the stormtroopers and Empire to come, the I think the Imp March should've been used both times to generate that foreshadowing-like feeling.

2. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    The Imperial March on Coruscant, especially the build up towards it, was just perfect. The best Imperial March rendition in the whole saga IMHO.

3. QueenDorme

QueenDorme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    The chase music was simply the best and it was a shame the elect. guitar was removed.

The Trade Federation theme should have been in there too but was stuck in the wrong place.

4. Jenkwombat

Jenkwombat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2001

"Best moment musically in AOTC?"

The whole score is great (once again) but I really liked these moments:

1) The frenzied strings as Anakin closes his mother's eyes and fills himself with rage.

2) Parts of the "On The Conveyer Belt" sequence. It has a sort-of "Laurel And Hardy" feel to it. It's unlike anything heard in a 'Star Wars' movie before.

3) The entire last ten minutes of the movie were great. From that creepy music as Dooku approaches Coruscant, to that eerie lady's voice singing when he meets with Sidious; it gives me chills. Then, from Yoda's proclamation about the "shroud of the dark side" to 'The Imperial March' to the 'Love Theme'; it all works perfectly for me. Which, is kind of surprising since I was never that fond of 'The Imperial March' before. I was always partial to the more subdued Imperial theme that Williams wrote for ANH, and I still hope he brings it back in some fashion for Episode III, although I know he won't. The Imperial theme from ANH gave Vader both a "Creepy and Militaristic" quality, whereas 'The Imperial March' just had a "Militaristic" quality. But now, I'm starting to like 'The Imperial March', especially the way it was used in AOTC....

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I always found the Imperial Theme (or however one might want to call it) from ANH better suited for the Empire than the Imperial March. ImpMarch was, for me, always "just" Darth Vader's Theme.

hmm, I never posted in here before...
    my favs:
    Whenever we hear something familiar
    most of the AtS-performances... or maybe all
    and the Tusken sequence
    and, and, and, and ... ;)

6. sweethoneygirl

sweethoneygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    I love when you hear part of luke's theme and goes into the Dual of Fates when Anakin is looking for his mother.

Then I also liked the electric guitar during Zam's Chase. That was something I have never heard in a SW film and it was a nice change.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    well ... none of us ever heard electric guitars in a SW film
    they were cut ;) (or am I as deaf as misinformed??)

8. sweethoneygirl

Jul 15, 2002
    The electric guitar is only for like 30 seconds or so...halfway through Zam's chase scene. I listened to the CD this morning, and I heard.

Or am I nuts?

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    SHG, Return To Tatooine is the track which contains the Force Theme (not Luke's) which segues into Duel Of The Fates as Anakin rides the swoop bike.

electric guitar = on cd track, but not in flim

10. sweethoneygirl

Jul 15, 2002
    I heard it in the film but you really have to listen closely because its when they are in the tunnels so it blends in with their vehicles a little.

11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    The first kiss

Anakin's grief and massacre

12. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I always thought that the electric guitar was put into the CD to emulate the noises made by the speeders during the chase.

13. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    The Dark Side theme that accompanies Anakin's confession about the sandpeople STILL gets me!

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Especially coming as it does right inside the Lars garage, where Luke would later have an epiphany of his own! Vader's first steps to the Dark Side were confessed to right there...amazing, eh? ;)

15. PruneF8ce

PruneF8ce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    1) Across the Stars
    2) The ending credit blend - Imperial march, force theme, and across the stars
    3) The blaring Federation theme when Obi takes a look at the clone army for the first time.
    4) The blaring emperors theme when Ani tells padme what he's done.
    5) The force theme just like the binary sunset, only interrupted abruptly with duel of the fates. The scene helped as well, as Luke was standing still in that same area, Anakin blurs off on a speeder. Fantastic stuff here!

16. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    Actually sweethoneygirl I think you are mistaken (about a great many things, sorry couldn't help myself...).

The electric guitar is NOT in the film and while Zam is in the tunnel there is no music.

And for my own two cents, the greatest musical moments in Attack of the Clones are:

1: Wedding scene (especially right before the End Credits)

2: The love theme during the meadow (very 'The hills are alive'-ish )

3: Yoda's theme in both "Yoda and the Younglings" (sweet) and "Yoda Strikes Back" (pure power)

4: Binary Sunset leading into Duel of the Fates (the ending was however better on the disc than in the movie)

17. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Love pledge before Arena. Just love it!

18. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    this is a close call, I personally like the part where Anakin is telling Padme that he killed them all, the women and the children Tuskens. It is very dark and fore shadowing. Why the crap wasn't this on the soundtrack?!

19. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    No clue rodan. I'd love to have it.

20. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    My favorite was when the execution cart is pulled into the arena. It seems that the love theme actually crescendos as the sunlight hits the two as they move out of the shadows.

Did anyone else hear this?

21. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Don't know if this has been brought up before, but the last little phrase the electric guitar plays (about 5:12, track 3) is the ATS melody.

22. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I noticed that too Ken...good call!

personally, I love the variation of the ATS theme when Obi and Ani are in the elevator. It is just enough to give the flavor and forshadow what is to come....real classy

23. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Anakin´s and Padmé´s entrance into the arena!

24. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Yup, best musical scene was when Anakin confessed to Padme...but when he turned his head and you heard Palpy's theme. Brilliant. The Imperial March was ok, but it was cool and more sinister when Palpy's theme was used there.

25. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned the music played which accompanies the second half of the Yoda vs. Dooku duel. It is the same music that is played as Dooku cuts off Anakin's arm. I think that musical cue is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.