main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best moment musically in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by KevinUCF, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    'Yoda's theme' and 'Luke's theme' were just fantastic - to hear these links to the OT during AOTC.
    Favorite musical scene was of Anikin and Padme by the fire - like the calm before the storm, literally!
    JW should have won an oscar for 'A.I' - I have 'a new hope' that he wins 1 for AOTC!

2. Anakin_Vader

Anakin_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    ATOC was the best of the films musically,
    -Anakin going to save his mother with DOTF, when his fate at that point is at a crossroad combating each other
    -Across the Stars is the best star wars song to date
    -Yoda's theme at the end
    -Imperial march both when anakin confesses to padme, then with clonetroopers, excellent forshadowing

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I really like the way John Williams is starting to bridge the two trilogies. Bringing in old familiar themes (Imperial March and Yoda's Theme) and combining them with the new stuff is brilliant. It's really tying the whole saga together.

As far as favorite musical moments in the film, for me I would have to say the Force Theme when he leaves Padme at the Lars Homestead (it tied it together with the Luke scene from ANH) and also the Love Theme when Anakin and Padme are brought into the arena. That was a climactic emotional moment.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "-Across the Stars is the best star wars song to date"

Where's Sithy when you need him? ;)
    It's not a song, because songs are sung. It's a track or cue. ;)

5. Tyranium

Tyranium Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2002
    I liked the music in the confession scene and before when Anakin goes to find his mother. Also like the music at the end with the Imperial March and Love Theme.

6. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I also really liked the diner music. It served well to change atmosphere and relax the intensity of the previous scenes, and it was a little different than anything we had heard yet... a neat little cue

7. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    My absolute favorite was the ending Imperial March theme going into the Love theme. Second favorite was the Force theme going into duel of the fates!

But the entire lightsaber fight had awesome music!!!

BTW, I didn't hang around until the end credits, so I didn't hear the end of the credits music. I heard it's different than the one on cd. Can someone tell me what it was like?

Don't forget that ROTJ had some music directly from ESB, so don't dis too much on the TPM music being in AOTC.

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    the end credits in the movie end exactly like the concert suite of the Love Theme (CD-Track 2), and not (like on CD) with the bits of Anakin's Theme and the Imperial March notes.
    sadly.

I'm not exactly sure, whether it was simply completely the concert suite or a little different, though

9. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    in the movie:
    - when Dooku goes to Coruscant, the rendition of the Dark Side theme
    - at the end: the Imperial March going into Across the stars
    - the confession scene

but the track I really loved was 'the arena'. That was one of the best march music I've ever heard. It's so powerful. It's a very simple theme that Williams repeats on many different ways. It's a pity that it isn't in the movie.

10. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    No doubt - Love Pledge

11. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    Right around 3:39 in The Tusken Camp, when Obi-Wan hops into his fighter and starts trying to track down Anakin. I don't know, there's just something about the subtle and fast-paced clarinet and harp passages through there that gets me. Then at 3:59, when things really start to pulsate ... man oh man. Dig those harmonies.

12. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    1. The Force Theme and Duel of the Fates
    2. The Imperial March and Across the Stars
    3. Love Pledge

And also the whole Obi-Wan/Jango battle on Kamino. That part doesn't get enough recognition.

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Duh. Imperial march with the massed clonetroopers. The Republic is dead, long live the Empire!

That one scene knocks the crap out of the rest of the movie, IMO.

14. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Track number 12 (After the love pledge) at about 6 minutes and 30 seconds in. It's a very short part that I just love.

15. DjFoNiX

DjFoNiX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Man.. I really love the build-up in Love Pledge at 3:10 to about 3:25!! That part is awesome!! That whole track is! Also, I LOVE the part where Shmi dies in Anakin's arms and he goes berserk!! Great! I have to go with popular vote on this one: The force theme in Return to Tatooine!! That's awesome, it really linked Anakin and Luke, I must say. I liked The Meadow Picnic at 1:39 as well. And, Confrontation with Count Dooku was Excellent!! Absolutely magnificent! But, some on this thread have said it's the best soundtrack of the two trilogies. I can't agree with that.. it's a CLOSE second. And, I mean CLOSE! But, it does not beat ANH!! It has everything you could ask for!! I think the only reason AOTC isn't number 1 is because of Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant.. It's great until they have this instrument that sounds like an electric guitar and it messes the whole track up. But, AOTC is FULL of Great music!! Congrats to John Williams!

16. Rhane-1138

Rhane-1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, my favorite moments have already been listed, so I'll put down what hasn't been said yet. As Anakin and Obi-Wan enter Dooku's secret hanger, lightsabers blazing, there is a fabulous, triumphant fanfare, that I wish was on the CD almost as much as I wish that the music from Anakin's confessing scene was.

17. coney_1_kenobi

coney_1_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    For me, it would have have to be when Duel of the fates was playing, as anakin was on his journey to find his mother.
    also, the coruscant chase, that was cool.

18. netpadawan

netpadawan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    That music from the duel of Obi Wan and Anakin with Dooku. Its some kind of percussion ... its really dramatic and efective ...

And that music when Obi Wan its informing Yoda and Windu about the Clone Army ...

And I love the short fanfares when Obi Wan reaches Kamino exiting from hyperspace, and the one for the transport of Padme and Anakin ...

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    1. Dawn of Empire Imperial March Theme
    2. Across the Stars Wedding Scene
    3. Youngling's Theme
    4. Shmi's death piece
    5. Imperial March "I hate them" scene.

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The massed clonetroopers to the Imperial March.

"Ding dong, the Republic is dead, LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!"

George couldn't have said it any more effectively.

IMO, with this scene, George reached his goal: Telling a story with no words, just images and music.

21. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    The best part was transfering the "Force theme" into "Duel of the Fates".. oh the chills that gives me.

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Heh yeah that rocks...

I'd have to say that now I am going with Yoda and the Younglings, the Coruscant Chase and the Ending Empire's Dawn / Wedding scenes. True Williams / Star Wars synergy at it's very best.

23. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, the DOTF scene is awesome, as is the Dawn of the Empire, but I can't wait for my dvd to arrive to see & hear the confession scene again!

:D

24. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    1. When Dooku steps out of his ship to greet Sidious. It's filled with melancholy and sorrow, yet beautiful.

2. The Love Pledge/Love Theme cue when Padme declares her love to Anakin and they are carted out into the arena.

3. The Trade Federation March, as Obi-Wan observes the cloned soldiers training. "Magnificent, aren't they?"

4. The almost-silent moment, except for drums, when Dooku motions for the droids to stop firing at the circle of Jedi. And hear the light sabers humming idly.

5. Imperial March sweeping into the love theme.

25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I would have to say when Anakin rides the swoon silhoutted against the sunset and also the Imperial March over the Clone Army.

*chills*

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.