Best moment musically in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by KevinUCF, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. DereeJorcru Jedi Knight

star 1
    great thread :) its so hard to choose the best moment, there were so many SHINING moments. but if I had to choose, suprisingly it would be the bit of music from Obi-Wan searching for anakin, then transmitting to courascant, as it blends into R2 recieving and then anakin coming back to the homestead on the swoop, carrying his dead mother.. that scene, the music just gave Me chills.. you could really feel his pain, anger, frustration.. as everyone just looks on in silence...

Edit : oops that sould be transmitting to tattoine.. hehe
    WOW

DereeJorcru
  2. Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer

VIP
    star 3
    Without a doubt the part when the Imperial theme plays intermixed with the Sith theme when Anakin makes his confession to Padme. This is the most powerful scene of the entire film and the music makes it so. I know people have said this already, but I had to get my $.02 in =)
  3. batvader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Easy. Love Pledge and ''Dawn of the Empire'' (as some have dubbed the IM scene in the film).

EDIT: Also, ''Search Montage'' (DOTF)
  4. Darth-Nemasis Jedi Padawan

The best moment musically in AOTC is the entire finally from where Darth Tyrannis is in route to Palpatine all the way through the sequence in the Jedi temple to the marching of the clones on to the ships, to wedding right to the ending credits. That to me especially the wedding theme is what set the tone. Because of that and that alone, is why I say that is my favorite part in the whole movie.(besides the duel between Obi and Anikin vs Dooku.)that music plus the visuals let you know whats really at stake.When yoda explains how this is only the beggining is where you really start to see whats unfolding, Even as Palpatine looked on over what he has created you see Bail Organa hang his head at what he knows as a big mistake. Then it flips and the music changes to the wedding theme Across the stars. It reminded me of the ESB. That was the greatest love story ever told during this story. Han and Leia.
  5. TenorAprentice Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, and the foreknowledge of the first time viewer, having seen ep2 and 3 and know how they turn out, will seriously wonder about the romance when they see it in 5, and worry that H&L may have the same type of ending....
  6. Darth-Nemasis Jedi Padawan

Well thats why they will have to watch the movies now wont they. And to their surprize look twins... And then another child. True love is forever.
  7. HKChicago Jedi Knight

star 2
    The best moment musically in AOTC is the entire finally from where Darth Tyrannis is in route to Palpatine all the way through the sequence in the Jedi temple to the marching of the clones on to the ships, to wedding right to the ending credits

Yup. Especially Tyrannus's travelling music, it's spot on. And the wedding is a great parallel to ESB, because it's full of sound, yet emotional and sad while ESB's closing tune is restrained, emotional and hopeful.
  8. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Yup. Especially Tyrannus's travelling music, it's spot on.

Yes I agree. Though I wonder why they did not use the beginning part of the Confrontation With Dooku track on the CD. That opening swirling section and the following Force theme are AMAZING...

Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.