main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Best/Most Emotional Dead; Han or Luke?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Dec 15, 2017.

?

Most emotional death?

1. Han Solo

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Luke Skywalker

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Which death hitted you the hardest?
    I'm gonna go with Han. Both deaths were kind of expected, but Han was offed by his son, trying to bring him to the light, while Luke passed in peace, knowing that he helped his friends and family.

Also, Luke being one with the Force and knowing that he can return as a force ghost kind of lessens the impact.

Sarge likes this.
  2. CommanderL

CommanderL Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2015
    han hit me even if I knew it was happing

Luke: I was more like, huh really he died um ok

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

My thoughts exactly. I'll be amazed and appalled if we don't see Luke's ghost in IX

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Definitely Han. That was tragic.

5. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Han by far. And as someone who found Luke to be the heart of Star Wars, that says a lot about why and how TLJ misfired for me...

The Exogorth likes this.
  6. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Han, by a landslide. Luke's had zero emotional impact on me, whereas Han's left me shaken for a bit. I'm not really sure why that is... maybe because Luke was so miserable, while Han still had some fire left in him, so it seemed more tragic for Han to die. Besides, with Luke, we know he'll back as a ghost, anyway, whereas Han is really gone.

Sarge likes this.
  7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Luke's "death" is not final. We all know that!!!

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  8. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Luke's. Because he knew what he was doing.

After watching his mentors and father in previous films, do the fade away, I knew it was coming by that look on his face.

Plus Luke's becoming one with the Force is SO eerie, (compared to Anakin, Kenobi, Yoda) because he faded away alone.

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Han probably.. Because how it was done..

10. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Han Solo's death made me weep like a little girl, and I knew it was coming because of how tragic it was that a father was showing his son his enduring love and in the end the conflicted son's darkness overcame, the father's love. Chewbacca's reaction didn't help either.

Luke's death was selfless, a use of the force we had never seen and is the reason we have Hope, in that his sacrifice saved the Rebellion.

Sarge and The Raddinator like this.
  11. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    Chewie. Han and Luke are alive and well in my galaxy.

Prisic Duskleap and Marcus9000 like this.
  12. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    After seeing it again, Luke death as Rey says, it's a calm and peaceful one. Han diying trying to save his son it's much more tragic.

13. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Luke went out heroically, and we think/know he will be back as a Force ghost since he disappeared.

Han was murdered by his son in cold blood.

So, Han.

14. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    both are about equal for me. Both had amazing cinema photography and lighting. Han being offed by his son, and the fact he was always my favorite people gives a slight edge. Also there is more finality to Han dying, he is not a jedi so no Han ghost, and we all know Harrison ford would not be back.

With Luke, it is almost certain he will come back as a force ghost. And what TLJ showed us with Yoda is that force ghost can still be pretty useful.

But Luke died pulling off "The greatest Jedi trick" of all time. I thought his death was more epic.

15. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    Han's was more tragic but Luke's was more poignant, if that makes sense?

Sarge likes this.
  16. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Han's is more emotional for me and I bawled like a baby even having been spoiled on that part of the film before my first viewing. His death was final- not like the possibility of Luke being back as a fg.

17. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Han. The tragedy of it all.

Luke's felt like release. He wanted to die. It was a moment of peace. Purpose fulfilled. Something more in line with the deaths of his mentors.

18. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    Han by a distance. Luke's was a joke in all honesty, It was the least fitting end for his character.

19. Lance Toris

Lance Toris Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    Brutal call. I was much more upset by Han's death because I felt it was a missed opportunity. I really felt Han should go out protecting Leia or in the heat of battle. I felt like we were rushed into this father/son scene, which cheapened it for some reason.

But Luke's death felt more emotional -- I felt like it was handled SO WELL, and in PERFECT CONTEXT to his Ep 8 story arc, coupled with the stakes of the Resistance in that moment. Plus, we can strongly assume Luke will be back as a force ghost, which makes Han's death more final.