Best music in a video game.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rowland, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Heh. I'll give you that one...
  2. jacensky315 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I want the real game though. :D
  3. Johnny_Walker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I say that Final fantasy 7 and 8 have cool music. Even though they're the only final fantasy games I've played, I say that the music is quite good :)
  4. skrutop Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tekken 3 on the PSX.

All fighting games have that generic background techno, but Tekken's was brilliant. It matched the characters and stages perfectly. I have that soundtrack on my computer and listen to it every now and again. Considering that the game came out about 4 years ago, that's pretty impressive.
  5. Riku Jedi Knight

star 1
    Final Fantasies, especially VII.

FFX had that awfully punk-music in the beginning-video. Not good. :/
  6. Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Outlaws :cool:

The main theme, Anna's Theme, the one with that interlude of wind noises in the middle with the folk guitar, that Flamenco guitar one at the end of disk one, the two last tunes on the track of CD2, those alone are worth it!

I think games like Twisted Metal: Black would've been better if they had music by bands like Pantera, Korn, Black Label Society, etc.
  7. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Final Fantasy VII. NO ONE can touch Nobuo Uematsu.
  8. Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling

star 6
  9. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  10. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    im with acid, like i said before, there is a perfect tear jerker
  11. Skywalk272 Jedi Master

star 4
    Final Fantasy VI

Have you heard FFXI? It sounds really good.

I also Like FFX

The Tekken games also have really good music I agree.

VF4 isn't half bad either . ..
  12. 1stAD Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I disagree with the choice of FFX, because Nobuo Uematsu wasn't the only composer on the project (I believe there were no less than 3 others composing in-game music). While the main themes and motifs are beautiful, there's a lot of filler material that plain stinks (and probably wasn't written by Uematsu himself).
  13. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "I disagree with the choice of FFX, because Nobuo Uematsu wasn't the only composer on the project (I believe there were no less than 3 others composing in-game music)."

Are you sure you're not thinking about FFXI, which was a collaberation between Uematsu, Noriko Matsueda, & Naoshi Mizuta?

Uematsu got most of the credit for FFX, along with Junya Nakano and Masashi Sugwara (who, I believe, did the music programming). If you are referring to FFX music, what specifically is wrong with it? Name a bad song.

In that regard, I wonder why Square is bringing in these other people. Hell, they didn't even get Uematsu to compose the movie. It could be that he's involved in other projects, but the last interview I saw with him he didn't seem to indicate that.
  14. Skywalk272 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I mean I saw why they could "call" the movie Final Fantasy . . . but it was sort of ummmmm . . . not, even though it was still good.

Damn shame it didn't do so well
  15. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    \\likes how Jaepee just got burned\\

:D
  16. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana have great music. FFIX has some nice melodies as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.