main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Novel Ever?

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by SITH_L_MAUL, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_L_MAUL

SITH_L_MAUL Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    What is everybody's favorite Star Wars novel? As in what book besides Episodes 1-6 do you think is the best?

2. SITH_L_MAUL

SITH_L_MAUL Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    My favorite has to be DARTH MAUL:SHADOW HUNTER, for obvious reasons.

3. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Sorry Jason but I think there is no contest on this one...The Trilogy that brought Star Wars back into popularity, Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire/Dark Force Rising and The Last Command. There were no novels written after ROTJ, Zahn wrote his trilogy and I think the first one came out in 1991. Those books opened the door for the many novels that have been published in the last 12 years. Plus those books gave us the charaters of Mara Jade, Grand Admial Thrawn, the Solo kids, Peleon, ect.

4. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I thought Darksaber was pretty good, and I don't know if these count as novels, but the Tales from Jabba's Palace and Tales from the Cantina were great. The NJO series are great also, but if you miss a novel you can be very lost!

5. MandalorianHunter

MandalorianHunter Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    "I Jedi" was a great book, but my favorite would have to be tales of the bounty hunters. But Sean is right about Zahn's trilogy putting Star Wars back on the map as far as books go.

6. DarthBud

DarthBud Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    Starrider, you're right about Zahn's trilogy, but you forgot "Shadows of the Empire". Zahn's books just felt right (more right than the new movies). Whenever one of my friends asks to borrow a book, I give all three of them to read. "Shadows" rocks because it shows Xizor's feud with Vader for Palaptine's favor. The comic and video game only let you get more into the story.

7. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I agree with Sean about the Zahn trilogy being possibly the greatest SW books, opening doors and such... But my personal favorites are the Han Solo triolgy by AC Crispin, and the Jedi Academy by Kevin J Anderson. I really don't think I could choose just one novel...

8. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Just throwing in my 2 cents from Cleveland. I like The Courtship of Princess Leia, the Han Solo trilogy, and the Jedi Academy trilogy.

9. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Ah, another Han trilogy fan! ^_^ I think I like this person.

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I've always liked the Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron series of books. They really managed to capture the thrills of starfighter battles (from the movies) and translated it onto the page of a book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.