main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'"Best" of Revenge of the Sith' to be rehashed in Saga collection...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    the 12 'best' figures of the Revenge of the sith line are going to be rehashed as Saga figures in the new packaging. They are:

1x Darth Vader, 1x Anakin Skywalker [figure #1 or 2, not the half decent one], 1x Yoda, 1x Commander Bacara, 1x Super Articulated Clone Trooper, 1x ARC-170 Clone Pilot, 1x Chewbacca, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi [jedi kick one], 1x General Grievous [exploding one], 1x Mace Windu, 1x R2-D2, 1x Destroyer Droid. (Subject to change.)

Peter: Aw crap, since when did they change the meaning of the word 'best' to 'the things we have left over'?
    Brian: They had a meeting about it last night.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    [image=http://www.simpsonsweb.com/img-news/196.jpg]

Worst. Idea. Ever.

3. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    are any of the ones the same ones that are being re-released already as a battle of coruscant figure? that has a anakin, obiwan and grievous, doesnt it?

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    YES!!!!!

Even more repacks to buy. I love this trend. :)

But really why? If people wanted these figure they had pleanty of opportunities to get these last summer.

5. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    When I read "best", I got my hopes up that I would be able to get my hands on a couple of Shocktroopers and 501st Tactical Ops Clones! Of course, I am not surprised to have my hopes dashed by Hasbro's continual need to re-hash.

6. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Re-hashing is not so bad. Don't forget that the Vintage line would make one Vader, C-3PO, Chewbacca, or Yoda and stick to it. Only changing to packaging to coincide with the current movie released.

Re-hashing and re-packaging are not bad things so long as there's enough new figures to pick and choose from amongst the repeats.

7. Odowan

Odowan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    So, was the meaning of the word "best" changed to be synonomous with "worst" when I wasn't looking?:confused:

8. pakatak

pakatak Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2002
    I just wish there were some more nemodian guards. I really could use one of those.

9. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Hasbro counts on the "mega nerd collecter" to buy these.[face_plain]

don't be that person.

10. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Wow, what a waste. I won't be giving these a second look. They could've at least included some that were actually hard for people to find so they could get another shot.

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Holy [face_cow]!

Look, maybe Hasbro feels sorry for all of those cold pegs out there and they want to make sure that they stay warm this winter.

Besides the S/A Clone, would any of those figures make your ROTS top 12? At least 4 are in my bottom 12. I just can't explain this one. I know they don't make bad decisions on purpose, but gee whiz.

12. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Best of ROTS = overstock Hasbro had left from last summer. ;)

13. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Juke this is hasbros reasoning...

Hey, lets put 5000 crappy figures out and include one good one, that way they'll buy them all. When that backfires, they say 'hey, lets say these crappy leftovers are good, and they will think they are'.

But the SA trooper is a good figure, I have alot of it. It's the one time hasbro put out a good figure in excess, but truth is they put it out just too much. I must have left 30 of those things on their pegs, and I bought as many as I could. Thats the only reason that theyre in this pack, theres still more in the backrooms.

I know it seems like were hard to please, too many, too little, but in reality... dont you think we deserve it?

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    ^ I know what you mean about the S/A Clone. I bought 10, and left 4 times that on the pegs. If it was a re-paint I could understand, but the plain old white Clone?

I know why they aren't re-releasing the "Shock trooper"... if they did the only reason to buy that "Skirmish in the Senate" would be for the Senate pod.

Being that these are on "Saga" cards, and there are a lot of Keep on card and completists out there, I'm sure they'll sell OK. Heck, I hate the ROTS cards so much I might ditch mine and replace them with these.

15. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, Hasbro might as well go back to the line that was actully good.

16. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    Certainly not the perfect choice of "Best Of" but hey, I'll be able to get some pilots for my ARC-170.

17. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I've already got five. [face_plain]

Tarkin, the 501st, Bly, and Gree would have been far better choices.

18. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002

Three regular, two black? o_O

I never found the black...

Being that these are on "Saga" cards, and there are a lot of Keep on card and completists out there, I'm sure they'll sell OK. Heck, I hate the ROTS cards so much I might ditch mine and replace them with these.
    How come? Were they hard to keep mint?

19. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I have:

2 White and 1 black for my ARC-170
    2 White included in the Assault on the Jedi Temple Battlepack

20. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Saw the pics at EntertainmentEarth. Why is that Mace Windu figure among the best? This does not compute, guys. Not at all.

21. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Good, since nobody else wants them, I should have no problems finding the Yoda.

22. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Yoda? You seek Yoda? They have tons of both RotS versions warming the pegs in the toy aisle of my local grocery store.

23. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Oh, I have the ROTS Yoda, I just will pick it up in the Saga "Best of ROTS" packaging.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    If I'd known they were going to re-release these on cool Saga cards I'd never have bought them on those grotesque ROTS cards :mad:.

25. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    If they're going to release a best-of for the ROTS line, they should also release a best-of for the POTF2, Episode I, POTJ, Saga 1, and OTC lines. o_O

There could have been a lot better figures selected for this series. They could have put out the Sneak Preview figures that I'm sure plenty of people would still buy, along with some of the scarcer figures. I never did see the holo Aayla or holo Plo Koon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.