main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best OT Luke?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthvaderv, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    You've done Vader. You've done Luke. Well hell!...go all the way!...how about Leia?

Cheers_Cazza@};-

2. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    I,ll save Leia for a couple of weeks so I don't take up all the boards with my threads. Good idea though. There is a new thread On Han Solo also.

Cheers!

3. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    "I'll soon be dead, and you with me" - Luke to the Emperor in ROTJ

For me, this line really shows how much Luke had matured. He no longer cares about being in it for adventure or simply because his father was once a jedi (his claimed motivation in ESB for becoming one himself), he is now willing to die himself for the greater good. He will try to bring his father back, and if that doesn't work then he is prepared to die. At this point, he really has come a long way from the naive, reckless adventure-seeking farmboy in ANH, IMO.

ROTJ has some of the characters at their worst. Vader is more complex, which is good, but it also means that he is less of the badass we knew in the other films, Han, Leia, and Lando feels mostly wasted, but Luke really shines and is at his best. ROTJ is Luke's movie.

4. jelly

jelly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    ITA, really good observation!

Luke is my absolute favorite of the entire saga, so I'd have to say I LOVE ESB Luke for the arms =P~ , but characterization wise, I love ROTJ Luke for his confidence and his faith in his father.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I like ESB Luke the most,because he's just learning to use his powers so he's desperate to use them and quick to do the right thing. But He's also very headstrong and vulnerable,Just like his father.

I liked ANH Luke too,because its someone the viewer could identify with. A youngster just bored and wanting to live his life.

ROTJ Luke is cool and calm,but he just seems very unreal to me. I dont believe he could mature so quickly,and how weak his stunts and saber stances [I know at the time,its all Lucas could do] were weak. Now that we've been exposed to the quick lightsaber fighting of the PT,It makes luke look like a youngling.

6. Astral_Bug

Astral_Bug Jedi Master star 1

Sep 19, 2005
    Here's my list:

1.ROTJ
    2.ANH
    3.ESB

Sometimes I think EU authors forget about ROTJ and write Luke like in ESB even 30 years later. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.