main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best OT musical moment?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Professor_Hawking, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor_Hawking

Professor_Hawking Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2000
    OK, so we've had favorite AOTC musical moments threads and favorite themes threads- but what are the best musical moments in the OT soundtracks?

EDIT: This has been done before. Try the OT SE Favorite Tracks thread.

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    2 spring to mind. Luke and Vader's final fight, and the other is that great cue just before Luke jumps off the skiff. The build-up is fantastic, and the climax is superb

3. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    For some reason, the bit of music that gets to me EVERY time I hear it is from TESB, when Leia, Lando, Chewie, Threepio, and Artoo are running from the Stormtroopers. Things are looking pretty grim... the music is pretty tense... and then Artoo finally gets the door open.. the music explodes with Han & Leia's Theme... and Threepio exclaims "Wonderful!"

Taking tracks as a whole, I agree with Halibut and say that the Sail Barge Assault track is my favorite, followed closely by The Asteroid Field.

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I agree with the above. I love the build up to the Sail Barge Assault (it works great in the AOTC trailers). And I like the tragic feeling to Binary Sunset.

5. Professor_Hawking

Professor_Hawking Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2000
    I agree with Halibut about the final duel music - simply operatic in scale and filled with raw emotions. And Joker - that moment from TESB is one of my favourtes too! But the scariest, loudest and best uses of the Imperial theme are during the Carbon Freezing scene in ESB and when the Emperor arrives in ROTJ. The music when Luke is being tortured by the Emperor is amazing too - a lengthy rendition of the Emperor's theme, then the camera cuts to Vader, the Force theme kicks in and he hurls Palpatine into the abyss. The sudden change in themes conveys the ideas behind the scene perfectly.

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Best musical moment in OT

The thing between the 20th century fox theme from ANH and the End Titles of RotJ ;)

seriously: I'm happy that The Dark Side Beckons was already mentioned - that is really a great part of music
    makes up for Lukes crappy sowardfighting :p

Hyperspace is a fantastic track, too

I always liked the cue that is heard when they cut from Obi-Wan's Revelation to the rebel fleet, right before the briefing
    when the refugee ship in AotC flies by in space, there is another cue heard, that reminded me of the first

We could all go on forever... best musical moment of a trilogy, that's hard

ANH: last minute or so from the Battly of Yavin, right before the Death Star explodes - love it

TESB: Imperial March over the view of Death Squadron

RotJ: The Dark Side Beckons

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Definitely "The Dark Side beckons". I love the choir and together with Luke's fury, it's an unforgettable moment. The other one would be Yoda's theme as Yoda lifts Luke's X-wing out of the swamp. :)

8. Kirney_Slane

Kirney_Slane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    In my opinion, the best musical moment would have to be the ending sequence of ESB where Luke and Leia (and R2 and 3P0) are staring out the Redemption's viewport, watching the ships go by. For me, I guess, the music holds promise of more to come (but maybe that's just because I KNOW there's another movie coming next...) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.