Best Performance?

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Aug 18, 2004.

?

Best Performance?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
Anthony Daniels 1 vote(s) 0.4%
Hayden Christensen 54 vote(s) 19.9%
Samuel L. Jackson 5 vote(s) 1.8%
Christopher Lee 20 vote(s) 7.4%
Ian McDiarmid 68 vote(s) 25.0%
Ewan McGregor 93 vote(s) 34.2%
Temuera Morrison 11 vote(s) 4.0%
Frank Oz 5 vote(s) 1.8%
Natalie Portman 9 vote(s) 3.3%
Other 6 vote(s) 2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_CHINA Force Ghost

star 5
    As of today, we, friendly people of the FIGS accept a second place for Ian McDiarmid, the God. :p The reason for this 2nd place is the apparent lack of screentime Ian was given in AOTC. It's a valid reason and it's nice seeing Ian on a 2nd place even though his role was very minor in that movie. :)

But... let me get one thing straight. Such minor blasphemy will not be tolerated in a similar poll over the ROTS forums. There 'll only be one valuable option after May 2005: Ian McDiarmid. Since his role will be major (finally!!), people will have no reason not to vote for him. :)

Let this be a warning. [face_devil]

... and congratulations to McGregor. ;) :p

2. athenianjedi Jedi Padawan

3. passon16 Jedi Padawan

Good god... I love democracy i love the republic? I realize the statement is sarcastic but I have never heard anything more shallow. Its sucky as it gets and the actor Ian looks like he has aids. I likes Ewan the most of course but I loved Hayden's performance as well. I also liked Natalie Portman and the reason for licking her is because politicans and leader types sometimes come off stiff to others.
    PS: I have anti virus so all you ian worshippers... dont bother sending me one
  4. appleseed Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd say Ewan, although Ian is of course always great, as are Lee and Jackson. Hayden took some time to grow on me, but his many subtle touches really make his performance stand out.
  5. JediWithoutACause Jedi Master

star 1
    I also liked Natalie Portman and the reason for licking her is because politicans and leader types sometimes come off stiff to others

fruedian slip?

natalie is horrible in AotC. appearing unecessarily wooden, unmotivated, and generally disinterested. i cant think of a single scene where her acting seems genuine or sincere. there is no reason to vote for her. rob coleman acted better than her, and he did most of his acting in front of a computer. those who voted for natalie are obviously enamored with her looks and not her performance. while a good actress in other films, ms. portman simply doesnt show it in AotC.

portman in AotC = eyecandy!
  6. Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost

star 3
    passion16 - blame the dialogue on the writer; the fact that you still remember it is due to the brilliance (IMO) of Ian's delivery..

(you're still allowed to have your own opinion, of course)

Ian's the best thing about the prequels - he'll definately be the best thing about ROTS.

My second choices would've had to be Frank Oz and Ewan.

C_B
  7. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    Hayden will forever be my hero of the PT. I totally love Ewan and Ian too, of course, but Anakin is my favorite character and I think Hayden pulls him off with excellence.
    Natalie is wonderful as well. I feel like I know Padmé when I watch the movies. That's as good as it gets!

Star Wars is one
    /LM
  8. darthsithjedi Jedi Padawan

9. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Even though I voted for Ian, and also loved Hayden and Ewan's performances, I would like to add my admiration for Temura Morrison in the role of Jango.

I thought he brought a real gritty everyman presence to the bounty hunter. If anyone could be Boba's dad (or as it turns out, Boba himself) I think it would be a guy like Tem. Really good performance.
  10. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    I agree, Tem is great. The scene in Jango's apartment is one of the best in the saga IMO.

Star Wars is one
    /LM
  11. SithBountyHunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    i loved Ians performance i think Theater actors are all ways great on the big screen though do bare that in mind Mcdiarmid has only been in what
    Dirty wrottern scoundrils and Sleepy Hollow since his star wars days, as for Lee he makes evil look like an art and does a grand job as Sith in his younger he was infact a stuntman as he was just to tall back in those days to tak any main parts exept for hammer horror of course, from what i heard i blieve he and Petre Cushing shared the same birthday together and where very good friends after theirs on screen performances over the years. i still cant believe Lee is something like 85 now and still performing on screen, i think he did a better job of Dooku then he did as Saruman but out of best performance id have to choose between Ian, Ewan and Lee
  12. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    Ian McDiarmid...the best as sidious
  13. Tyranus230 Force Ghost

star 7
    Ian McDiarmid is the best. Lee 2nd.
  14. NeimoidianReport Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ow. My brain hurts from seeing so many votes for Hayden. He seems to be a good actor in his own right, but his Anakin performance makes puppies whimper in pain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.