main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Place to find information

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Pat5451, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat5451

Pat5451 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2005
    I am writing a story and making a board about Star Wars, but I can't get enough information on the planets and the creatures that live on the planets. I have already tried Starwars.com, but that wasn't enough informetion. Does anyone know where I can go to find alot of information? Please and Thank you.

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    There are many sites on the net about planets in Star Wars. What planets are you looking up and I will try to help you find information.

3. Pat5451

Jul 26, 2005
    That is the problem, I need to actually look for any planet...

The only one planet that I can think of that I am going to use is Kashyyyk, but if you have the sites could you post them here?

4. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Hmmm, Kashyyyk. That may be harder to get information on, but I shall try.

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Here's some stuff I found.

Landforms

Kashyyyk had four continents, which were mostly covered in lush, tree-filled forests, although it the planet did have a small amount of desert region in the rain-shadow of its small mountain ranges. In addition, a few sandy beaches could be found along the shores of its oceans. Kashyyyk's prevalent ecology could be politely described as a "layered deathtrap," as the planet's surface was covered with wroshyr trees several kilometers high, and the dangers presented by local wildlife increased as one descended toward the forest floor.

Forests

According to Wookiee culture, this vertical environment consisted of seven levels. The bulk of Wookiee civilization was located on the uppermost seventh level, and even the bravest Wookiees rarely ventured below the fourth level. The ground level was known as the Shadowlands and, sometimes, the "netherworld."

Species

Besides the primary sentient Wookiees, Kashyyyk was home to a host of other animal species including can-cells, flame beetles, gorryl slugs, katarns, kinraths, kkekkrrg rros, kroyies, mykals, netcasters, sureggi, tach, webweavers, various species of banthas, and even a small population of terentateks.

Early Days

In the millennia before the rise of the Galactic Republic, Kashyyyk was a member world of the Infinite Empire. Its surface was terraformed by the Rakata, resulting in the abnormally large foliage which still covers the planet's surface in modern times. Its ecology can be politely described as a "layered deathtrap", the planet's surface being encompassed in shadow by trees that are many miles high. The dangerous and hostile animals increase as you descend to the forest floor. Hidden on the planet's surface is a Star Map, another piece in the puzzle of the location of the Star Forge.

Czerka Corporation and Slavery

Later, Kashyyyk was discovered by Czerka Corporation, which renamed the planet first G5-623 and then, after a poll of stockholders, Edean. In 3,991 BBY, Guun Han Saresh died on the planet fighting a terentatek.

During the Mandalorian Wars, the Mandalorians considered conquering Kashyyyk; although they eventually decided against it, their plans for assault included burning down huge sections of forest and glassing entire continents in order to stamp out any opposition. Czerka's control of "Edean" was disrupted when, in 3,956 BBY, the enslaved Wookiee populace, led by Freyyr, overthrew the local corporate headquarters and drove all outsiders off the planet.

The Clone Wars

By the time of the Clone Wars, Kashyyyk was a monarchy, ruled by King Grakchawwaa. He advocated neutrality during the Clone Wars, engaging in limited negotiations with both the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, which wished to to control hyperspace route planning and to use the Wookiees' secret trade routes to disrupt galactic trade and communication.

However, General Grievous grew tired of waiting and ordered his local Neimoidian commanders to launch several droids to help 'persuade' Grakchawwaa to make the right decision. He was on the verge of agreeing to join the Confederacy out of self-preservation, when news came that his son, Prince Rikummee, had accidentally been killed by the probe droids. In anger he allied himself with the Republic, prompting a massive Separatist invasion to be mounted.

In response, the Republic dispatched a task force led by Master Yoda to defend Kashyyyk. At the coastal city of Kachirho, a combined force of clone troopers and Wookiees fought against the Separatist droid invaders. Despite the overwhelming Separatist forces, the Battle of Kashyyyk saw the Republic and the Wookiees emerge victorious.

Old Republic

It was presumably some time after this that Kashyyyk decided to join the Galactic Republic. The Wookiees reverse-engineered the hyperdrive from a Trandoshan vessel. They were welcomed into the Republic through dealings with the Corellians, Verpine, and Alderaanians. Eventually, Kashyyyk was represent

6. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    A jungle planet covered with kilometers-high wroshyr trees, Kashyyyk is the homeworld of the fierce but loyal Wookiees. Various ecosystems exist along each layer of the trees, with each level growing progressively more deadly the farther one travels to the planet's surface (dangerous webweavers, for instance, set traps in the lower levels). The Wookiees inhabit the highest levels in huge cities that are naturally supported by the thick tree branches, since wroshyr branches grow together when they meet. One such city, Rwookrrorro, is over a kilometer wide and built on a flat platform of meter-thick spongy material. It features two- to three-story buildings and a landing platform made from the stump of a wide limb. The most prestigious homes are built on the trees themselves, and nursery rings for young Wookiees are built in the tops of the very highest wroshyrs. The kshyy vines that grow among the trees cannot be cut with blasters and are strong enough to support liftcars. Wookiees have easily incorporated modern technology into their society and can accommodate visiting starships, though they sometimes prefer to use archaic items like their traditional quarrel-firing bowcaster. Colored searchlights in the cities help attract native birds called kroyies, a prize food.

Customs of the Wookiee people include the "life debt," where Wookiees feel they must repay the person who has saved their life, and the "honor family," or those people to whom a Wookiee feels a particular bond of friendship. Wookiee adolescents undergo a dangerous rite of passage into adulthood by harvesting silky strands from the heart of the carnivorous syren plant. The Wookiee species was treated as slave labor by the Empire and many were forced to toil on various Imperial construction projects. Many Wookiees still resent humans for the actions of the Empire. Leia Organa Solo hid on Kashyyyk until discovered by a team of Noghri commandos, who made an unsuccessful attempt to capture her.

SOURCE: http://www.angelfire.com/games3/nakata/kashyyyk.html

7. Pat5451

Jul 26, 2005
    Thank you!

8. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    No problem. I hope the site works out!

9. Pat5451

Jul 26, 2005
    Umm, okay, do you have anything on Alderan or Naboo that isn't from Wiki?

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Here's the official site's databank on all the planets. :)

If that's not enough, I suggest looking around the site here or doing a search on a search engine.

Here's a good resource for this site. :)

11. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Also, this place is good. I use it a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.