main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Prequel Lightsaber Slash

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MASTER_DOODOO, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    It's not a slash, but I love when Anakin impales that Seperatist on Mustafar. It just looks so viscious :D

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    This a funny, morbid question. :p

I guess I can't pick one though, and I think most people have covered the best.

- Obi-Wan slicing Maul in twain.
    - Anakin removing Dooku's hands.
    - Anakin removing Mace's hand.
    - Yoda impaling the clonetrooper in front of the Temple.
    - Yoda beheading the clonetroopers on Kashyyyk.
    - Anakin slashing through the Seperatists.
    - Obi-Wan owning Anakin.

3. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    When Obi-Wan slices Anakin. Ouch! It was quick and not that clear but I got a real sense of pain just watching it.

4. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    I can't believe noone's mentioned any of the moves on Naboo from TPM that don't involve Maul. I like when Obi-Wan turns the saber around and backstabs the droid right before they get on the royal starship. That was a good move.

And in ROTS, that jumping swing that Anakin does on Greivous' ship is also pretty badass.

5. OBIJUAN76

OBIJUAN76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006

Two of my favorites were Yoda tossing his saber at the clonetrooper in front of the Jedi Temple;
    and where he was on Kashyyyk, and beheaded the two clonetroopers while doing a back flip. I think Yoda is the most graceful wielder of the lightsaber out of the whole saga... That's not to say that there were other cool slashes!

6. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    I think the greatest saber blows were the ones Palpatine used on Mace's Posse. No other saber blows were that fast or efficient. Moving at the speed of light, the Emperor killed the Posse members before the even realized what hit them.

I also like Obi-Wan's strike that cut off three of Anakin's limbs. During the duel, I enjoyed seeing how Anakin used his gloved, mechanical hand to choke Obi-Wan and push down on his saber- even when Anakin was unarmed.

7. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    btw.

It looks fantastic visually when Palptine & Yoda are fighting and Yoda is jumping around while Palpatine is trying to strike him.

At the same time the Pod or Throne were they are fighting rises up through the center of the Senate and the camera zooms out making it look like the Senate is slowly spinning. That shot is a perfect picture of the battle for supremacy and for the future of the entire Galaxy Far Far away.

That amazing musical score just enhances the greatness of the visual part and the symbolism.

8. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I'm partial to the strike to the neck Obi-Wan used on the Acklay on Geonosis. Just before he does the twirl thing. Of course, I enjoy plenty more, but that scene had only been mentioned by a couple other people, and they were more focused on the twirl and the deathblow.

9. OBIJUAN76

Feb 6, 2006
    Excellent post!!! I can remember the first time I saw that scene, I remember my heart pounding with that musical score in the background. Everytime I see it I get chills! I love how the camera retracts into the upper level of the chambers only to see and hear the seemingly miniature sabers flying as the pod ascends into the middle... WOW!!! You're right. It's perfect! The epic battle!!!

10. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    And the fact that Palpatine later tries to destroy Yoda by literally throwing Democracy at him in the shape of Senate Pods doesn't make it less pefect.

The entire PT Palpatine has used democracy to destroy the Jedi but never more literally than in this scene.

"I love democracy, I love the Republic" - Palpatine

11. METAVOID

METAVOID Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    Cool. I never thought about it that way.

It's not a lightsaber slash, but I liked when Gen. Grevious's arms split and the two bottom arms began spinning at a high rate of speed, turning the lightsaber's into a blurring arc of impenetrable energy cutting through the flooring and advancing on the enthralled Obi Wan.

12. Sidious-3

Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Yoda throwing his lightsaber into the clone troopes chest

13. Danimorph9

Danimorph9 Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2004
    I loved how Obi Wan beheaded that magna guard he trapped with the crate before the Grevious battle...

14. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    I love the casual way Kenobi does it. Like he barely considers them worthy enemies.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I love the look on Obi-wan's face when he beheads the first Magna Droid on the IH. He expects it to die and keeps fighting him.

16. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I definately have a strong opinion about my choice.

Without a doubt, I choose Obi-Wan's baseball swing of a laser from a droid in the TF ship in TPM just before the Droideka's arrive. It looks so cool. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

17. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    The one where he's facing the opposite direction, but twirls and then baseball swings it back at him? Yah, that one's alright. But is that really your favorite?

18. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    yup, that's it. Beautifully done, ain tit?

19. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    QFT

20. OBIJUAN76

Feb 6, 2006
    Yes! Throughout this entire scene with Sidious throwing the pods at Yoda really does symbolize the "tearing down of democracy" that people like Senator Organa, and the Jedi tried so hard to preserve... BTW, watching the pod throwing scene with surround-sound is outta control!!!=D=

21. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    This one was awesome=D=

Tough though!.. i also love:
    * Mace cutting Jango's head off
    * Obi slicing Maul in half
    * Obi slicing Ani/Vader
    * Anakin slicing the sand person, right before they cut away from that scene (i'm surprised this one hasnt been mentioned!)

:D [face_peace]

22. Jedi_Twilight

Jedi_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004

I'm gonna have to agree with you about the twisting there. I also want to consider Qui-Gon's onslaught after the shields went down even though it was short lived:(

23. CS24

CS24 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    Another cool lightsaber move is when Obi is fighting Maul. He has his lightsaber behind him, blocks a blow from Maul, and then immediately has his saber in front of him to block another blow from Maul. :cool:

24. ShadesofSiknas

ShadesofSiknas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Have to say My favorite was when when Anikan began to take the fight to Dooku. He draws back and makes a very powerful overhead strike that send s Dooku reeling form which he never recovers his balance. Couple of seconds later its Anikan fight hands down.

25. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    Anakins first use of the Dark Side during a fight is crazy. He attacks Dooku relentlessly battering Dookus defenses. While watching the sequence were Anakin battles Dooku on the Invisible Hand, I couldn't help but be reminded of the ROTJ scene were Luke defeats Vader with a sequence of physically powerful blows.

And in both scenes we have the evil Sith Lord wanting to see his potentially new apprentice destroy his old Apprentice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.