main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Best Quotes from the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Supreme Chancellor, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Everything my memory tells me is a lie. :(

Sinrebirth , Ghost, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes but DM, you left out the best part- the line that ties the whole thing together:

"But still, he was astonished to discover that the Universe could love him back."

Also TIL Stover uses variations of astonish a lot in Traitor.

Sinrebirth , Kylun, Ghost and 6 others like this.
  3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah I left it out because I wanted to emphasize that Jacen had chosen, because that sees repetition a lot too.

4. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    "Who's first?"
    "His name is Kettch, and he's an Ewok."
    "No."
    "Oh, yes. Determined to fight. You should hear him say 'yub yub!' He turns it into a battle cry."
    "Wes, assuming he could be educated up to Alliance fighter pilot standards, an Ewok couldn't even reach an X-wing's controls."
    "He wears arm and legs extensions, prosthetics built for him by a sympathetic medical droid. And he's anxious to go, Commander."
    "Please tell me you're kidding."
    "Of course I'm kidding. Pilot candidate number one is a human female from Tatooine, Falynn Sandskimmer."
    "I'm going to get you, Wes."
    "Yub yub, Commander."

Just one book later:

"So, when you joined Starfighter Command, did you have any presentiment that you'd someday be impersonating an Ewok?"
    "... Now the waist."
    "Sure. You know, pretending to be an Ewok is a felony on some worlds."
    "Wes."
    "And it's probably against regulations to fly starfighters while performing a puppet show."
    "Wes."
    "Yub yub, Commander."

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    "She's a woman, not being sexist here but that's reason enough"

6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    "It offends me, turn it off."

7. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    "The Sith are ancient. But there were grandmothers long before that."

8. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    "None of the stories people tell about me can change who I really am."

Barriss_Coffee, Ghost and Ulicus like this.
  9. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    "To say that the Force works in mysterious ways is to admit one's ignorance, for any mystery can be solved through the application of knowledge and unrelenting effort. As we had our way with the Senate, and as we will soon have our way with the Republic and the Jedi, we will have our way with the Force." ~ Darth Plagueis

Darth Traya: "I have had enough of this – I will be in my chambers."
    Atton: "Yeah, me, too. I'll be in my chambers. But since I don't have any, I guess I'll just go to the cockpit like I always do."

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever." ~ Darth Traya

"Out of control is just code for 'I don't want to admit I'm the kind of person who would do such things.' It's a lie." ~ Vergere

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you..." ~ Darth Plagueis

"Beings believe what you tell them. They never check, they never ask, they never think. Tell them the state is menaced by quadrillions of battle droids, and they will not count. Tell them you can save them, and they will never ask—from what, from whom? Just say tyranny, oppression, vague bogeymen that require no analysis. Never specify. Then they look the other way when reality is right in front of them. It's a conjuring trick. The key is distraction, getting them to watch your other hand." ~ Darth Sidious

10. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    yeah KOTOR 2 is a goldmine

"He's probably joyriding around the system right now, laughing at us... laughing at me!"

11. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Atton alone is a goldmine unto himself.

So was Jolee.
    Do you not realise how many Sith are here in Dreshdae?
    Jolee: 12!No wait...13!

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    "I am a droid, master, with programming. Even if I did not enjoy killing, I would have no choice. Thankfully, I enjoy it very much!"

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    They died when droids shot them.

14. YoungBossk

YoungBossk Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    "Secret, shall I tell you? Grand Master of Jedi Order am I. Won this job in a raffle I did, think you? 'How did you know, how did you know, Master Yoda?' Master Yoda knows these things. His job it is." - Yoda Dark Rendezvous

15. JechtShotMK9

JechtShotMK9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2013
    "Bring Ken a cold glass of Zoochberry juice and those warm buns."

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There's some good ones from The Unifying Force and Destiny's Way, wish I could remember how they went off the top of my head...

xezene likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    One of my favourite Destiny's Way quotes:

"When anger becomes rage, fear becomes terror, love becomes obsession, self-esteem becomes vainglory, then a natural and useful emotion becomes an unreasoning compulsion and the darkness is."

18. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Some favorites that I've either read directly or heard of elsewhere.

First and foremost the entire book of Traitor by Stover. I won't even choose a favorite or part of it, just read the whole book because it's all a giant profound quote.

Also, when Chewie died in Vector Prime, I remember that had an effect on me. I don't know the exact quotes that did it but I was very sad and might have teared up or even cried, I don't quite remember.

Now, onto the rest of some I've remembered that were good:

“More than through anger or lust for power,” Luke said, “the dark enters through despair. Through the belief that, in the end, there is nothing but pain and sorrow and death, and that nothing we do truly matters.” He gave Jaina a look. “I’m here to tell you that we do matter. And that despair is an illusion that the dark casts before our eyes.” Luke to Jaina, Destiny’s Way
    --
    “I know what I don't want to do—I don't want to be part of an order or a select group. I don't want to be looked to as the guiding light of the new fealty, and I don't want to be surrounded by students who'll ask more of me than I can explain. Most of all, I don't want to be an object of fascination or admiration, because that'll only distract me from what I really need to learn. I don't have dreams of being a lightsaber master or an ace starfighter pilot, and I'm not on a campaign to change anyone or anything, except myself, maybe, just to clear away some of the confusion that's built up.” - Jacen to Jaina, The Unifying Force
    --
    "Reality doesn’t care if you believe it." -- Boba Fett, The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett
    --
    “On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.” Yoda, Dark Rendezvous
    --
    Why had he turned to the dark side? When did it happen? The Anakin he knew and loved couldn’t have done it. Something had twisted in him, and Palpatine had exploited it somehow. Obi-Wan knew it wouldn’t change anything to know, but he couldn’t help going over the same events, again and again. The chances he’d missed, the things he’d seen, the things he hadn’t.

Obi-Wan reached the top of the dunes and began the hike down to the salt flats. He had grown used to land that constantly shifted under his feet. He had learned how to move forward even while the very ground he walked on fought his progress.

Anakin had always hated sand. It was one of the many things about his Padawan that Obi-Wan understood better now that Anakin was dead. That was the horror of losing someone: Understanding came too late.

Obi-Wan didn’t like the sand, either, but he was grateful for the absence of color. He didn’t find the planet beautiful, so at least he felt no loss when he traveled across the landscape. Once he had loved the vivid greens of forests, the deep blues of lakes and seas. Now everything blended into everything else, mesa, cliff, hill, road. There was no vegetation to refresh the eye, no sudden explosions of flowers to startle you into a fresh appreciation of living. He didn’t want to appreciate anything. He wanted a place of no color, flat light, dark shadow. It suited him now.” Obi-Wan Kenobi, Last One Standing

19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I love that Obi-Wan passage. As someone with depression, it really resonates with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth and xezene like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "And don't call me master."
    - Lando Calrissian

"Well, what happens if you need a diplomat who can also practice philosophy, fight with a lightsaber, and levitate small objects? Who else are you going to call but us?"
    - Mara Jade-Skywalker

Cheerios4u98 and PCCViking like this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    "Listen well everything I tell you is a lie, every question I ask a trick, you will find no truth in me though you believe nothing else you may rest your faith on this." Vergere

"This threshold is mine I have claimed it for my own, bring on your thousands one by one or all in a rush I don't give a damn None Shall Pass!" Ganner Rhysode

"I'm sorry Nelani." Jacen Solo

22. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    "The Stormtrooper turned, saw Kyle, and died."

23. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    this always made me laugh when rolling a warrior

24. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    sorry for the double post but i remembered another one

“Teach me about pain, think you can? Think the old Master cannot care, mmm? Forgotten who I am, have you? Old am I, yes. Mm. Loved more than you, have I, Padawan. Lost more. Hated more. Killed more. Think wisdom comes at no cost? … Yoda loves and suffers for it, loves and suffers.” yoda dark rendezvous

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    DR is still one of my favorite books. If anything, it got better with age. So many good lines.

SWpants likes this.