main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Best quotes from the ST to use out of context in real life or online

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    As part of the call for civility, I thought this might be a funny thread idea that people can participate in regardless of their thoughts on the ST.

The concept is simple. Take a quote from the ST so far and apply it out of context for a situation in real life or online where it would be funny.

This is meant to be community- building and is not meant to become something flame war inducing so if you’re talking about using something online please keep it vague and not specific to anything here or any of the perceived groups related to Star Wars fandom.

So, don’t use terms like gushers, haters, Reylo fans, Reylo haters, or anything along those lines.

Instead, DO use more generic and vague descriptions like “When you see a comment you disagree with:” or “When you’re feeling outnumbered:” or “If you feel like you walked into a thread that’s gone off the rails:” or “When someone at the DMV tells you:” (for real world example).

Assuming we can all play nice this could be fun. I’ll start it off with a self explanatory one.

When you’re debating someone who is ignoring facts online or in real life:

[​IMG]

When your spouse asks you how you ended up getting your kid’s Christmas gift when it’s sold out everywhere online and you ended up overpaying online to get it:

[​IMG]

When you’re watching your favorite team play and they’re losing and your friend is grumbling about it.

[​IMG]

But if your team loses:

[​IMG]

“My disappointment in your performance cannot be overstated. “

Let’s play nice and have some fun.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I'm dying to find out if "You come from nothing. You're nothing." would actually work as a pick-up line. ;) But I am also lloking forward to use it in response to my children's birthday present requests. If I ever have children.

I'm already using. Just slice a slit in their shields and "blip-blappity-bloop".. at my workstation whenever anyone's within earshot, just to see the reaction.

Whenever you're on the telephone or whatever and can't quite make out what someone is saying. - What? "Finn - naked - leaking - bag"?

3. dragonchic

dragonchic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2015
    My, uh, friend may have put "Roses are red, violets are blue, why does everyone want to go back to Jakku" on an online dating profile. [face_whistling]

4. Classified8

Classified8 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2016
    At work once or twice a week on average.

[​IMG]

5. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    I don’t say hello anymore, everyone I run into from my past I greet with:

[​IMG]

6. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    When you’re watching your team winning or posting about it online I think Kylo Ren’s angry “More... More!!!” Gif would be pretty great.

When you’re at work and a new hire screws up.
    [​IMG]

When your boss asks you if you read the new memo or manual or someone asks you for feedback on their report:

[​IMG]

When someone completely burns someone but won’t relent.

Hux’s “Do you think you got him?” Gif.

When someone doesn’t realize another is only kidding:
    [​IMG]

7. dragonchic

dragonchic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2015
    @Ender_and_Bean Oh I am definitely tempted to pull out Yoda's failure line when students show up at the end of the semester begging me to change their grade.

8. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    When I get an email on a Friday about a request with a limited timeline from my Direct Report who I know could have sent it to me earlier:

[​IMG]

When I see a newborn baby:
    “What’s your story, Roundie?”

As a replacement to the Futurama meme about take my money when you want something, Snoke’s terrifying GIVE.. ME... EVERYTHING takes on a less scary context.

9. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Basically all my first date dinners.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When someone knows who I am but I don’t remember that person or if we have been introduced before, and I just feel bad.

Chewie: Ruuuaaaarghhhh!
    Rey: Yeah, perfect. Tell him that.

When someone talks to me in a Japanese I don’t quite understand and I just pretend I understood them perfectly.

10. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    When it’s fun time between you and your spouse on vacation or in bed and they’re reading.

Time it is... for you to look past a pile of old books.

If someone in this thread asks me if “fun time” means what they think it does?”

Good instinct 3PO. Go with that!”

;)

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I say, “I know. I changed my hair.”

12. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    When your spouse realizes we forgot something during the road trip and is upset.

[​IMG]

We have everything we need.

When you feel you’ve been more than patient and considerate in an establishment and it’s getting you nowhere and now costing you time and money and you feel like you want to speak to the management about it but want to gauge your spouse’s reaction to that prior:

Permission to jump into an X-wing and blow something up?”

When you’re dressed casually for a dinner, or are hovering over a movie on demand with a bad movie poster or title, or anything related to appearances:

Don’t let the wrapper fool you.

13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Just anecdotally from what I've seen online, the two most popular lines in terms of memes are "Amazing, every word you said was wrong", and "There's only one business in the galaxy that makes this much money". Other popular ones are "Let the past die", "You're still holding on!", "The sacred texts!", and "Oh they hate that ship!"

In terms of visual memes the Kylo Ren shirtless pic "Been Swolo" is by far the most popular and there's not a close second.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Luke's last line in TFA is a great one

Tee hee

15. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    I play Battlefront II and there is currently a limited time event going on called "Ewok Hunt". It shares some mechanics with zombie first-person shooter games. Basically, a group of stormtroopers try to survive a night on Endor while being hunted by player-controlled ewoks. It is full of jump scares because the forest is pitch dark and all you have is a flashlight and a gun. It's common for the stormtrooper players to panic with genuine fear whenever a teddy bear jumps out from the shadows.

There are many videos showing the gameplay of this mode and in one of them, you see like six stormtroopers panic like described above and rapid fire for a really long time at a single spot on the ground where presumably an ewok had been. Mind you, it does not take much to kill an ewok, maybe two shots. So this scenario reminded me very much of the scene in TLJ when all the walkers are firing on Luke and the top comments on the video are variants of, "Do you think they got him?".

Grey Matter and Ricardo Funes like this.
  16. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    That's funny. My ex and I called it Happy Fun Time. Or HFT when we would text each other.

17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    When someone says good morning. “Go away!”

[face_rofl]

18. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If your mother tells you to clean up your room:
    "Are you offering me a job?"

Darkstrider, Shaak Ti and rorow1 like this.
  19. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    MORE ! MORE !!!

20. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    When someone asks me where I would put a movie I don't like.

[​IMG]

21. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    When deciding to get fast food from, lets say, just for example, MacDonalds or Dominos etc- "The garbage will do."

When I get up at the crack of noon. "This is not how I thought this day was gonna go."

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    rorow1 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And after you tried the garbage don't forget to look like ...
    [​IMG]

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Hey, sacred [insert location here], watch the language!"

24. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    No one's ever really gone

rorow1 and Martoto77 like this.
  25. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    "Ha-Tuk-Ga!"