main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Best romance story in SW EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Age usually isn't much of an issue, but Jarael had more of a "I'VE SEEN THINGS." attitute that Zayne lacked. I remember when JJM first admitted there was an age gap it was met with a lot of "Whelp... that explains things."

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Ah, I see. It does seem strange that JJM sounds like initially Zayne and Jarael weren't going to be an item. I wonder if he had other ideas that he ended up scrapping when the series came to a close (Shel Jelavan sort of disappeared after Zayne was cleared).

To be honest, I spent half the series wondering when Zayne was going to become Darth Nihilus, so him getting romances was more like a pleasant surprise to me at the time. I'm still wondering why JJM didn't shed more background on the Sith Triumvirate. With Legends over except for The Old Republic, it seems unlikely we will get background on them now.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It was never supposed to be a prequel to the games - that's why. I mean, there were bits of that (and one explicit head-fake), but it was really a separate story in the same era slightly earlier.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Corran/Otter.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

TBH I was a semi-hard Zayne/Shel shipper for a while. I like Zayne/Jarael but Zayne/Shel was adorable in its own way.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fan-fic it bro.

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Too bad Exar Kun doesn't have any romance.

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Why? He was a megalomaniacal Sith Lord. It would be like trying to give Palpatine a love interest.

9. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Well Caedus could have a love interest, Nihl maybe, some of the ancient Sith-maybe mistresses, other than that Sith seem more averse to love than Jedi are.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    At the same time he is also a person, giving him a romance won't be bad as long as it doesn't soften him.

Same with Malgus and Ulic and tons more.

Darth Invictus likes this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Palpatine should never ever have a romance period though. I've discussed this in another thread but Palpatine isn't just a person even an evil one he is darkness embodied in a human form-the maliciousness and coolness and malice and manicheanean evil element of the universe were in him from conception. That interpretation of the character is the only correct one in my book.

Having a romance inevitably will soften Sith though , or will be insincere like Zannah and that male twi'lek in path of destruction.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    We were talking about Exar Kun, I don't mind him having a lover. Even in real life many bad guys have their loved ones.

Palpatine...I think it's ok for him to have a romance interest before he had become a Sith or when he had just started his dark path.

13. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Talzin's dialogue in the comic book Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir is ambiguous enough that it could be referring to a past romance between her and young Palpatine back in the day.

14. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I was a fan of Zayne&Shel initially and was expecting for things to work out for them after Shel "joined" (kinda) the team, but I dug the chemistry between Jarael and Zayne that developed through time. I didn't truly expect Zayne&Jarael to be a thing, but when it did happen I was perfectly fine with that. And also, the unexpectedness of that relationship is something I appreciate - a pleasant surprise you can say.

15. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    R2-D2 and C-3PO
    Han Solo & The Falcon

both expanded upon significantly in the EU

*Rule of Two

Also I don't think that romance affected her negatively in any way. She got everything she wanted from him and didn't make any sacrifices regarding him.

16. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    In a thread about romance stories, no one's mentioned these two yet?

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    She was taking advantage of him though with a pre determined end game in mind it wasn't genuine love or lust or even loyalty on her part-he was a tool and was disposed of like a tool. Hardly a genuine romance.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016

Yes I agree, I misread your post completely. Just ignore me.

19. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Amaiza Foxtrain and Jaxxon, obviously. It's sweet and perfect.

I'm even trying to think up a ship name for the first time in my life. Amaizon? Jaxxtrain? One of those.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  20. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    thane and ciena in the new eu
    all time would be han and leia

as for swtor i liked the vette and risha romance