main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Best Scene of Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by kotorkayla, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kotorkayla

kotorkayla Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2011
    What's the best scene in your opinion of Revenge of the Sith?

2. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    How many characters does this board allow for each post? [face_laugh]

3. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    ...ok, to start off. I would have to say either the Mace/Palpatine duel through Anakin's sith baptism or the Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padme confrontation on Mustafar through the duel along with the Yoda/Palpy duel (it's all intercut), so it's all one scene to me. ;)

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Same for me. The Palpatine, Mace and Anakin scene is a very powerful moment. My heart was pounding when I first saw that scene in the cinema.

5. Caleb89sw

Caleb89sw Jedi Master star 1

Oct 30, 2010
    Ahhh... There's so many. The whole movie is full of great moments.

I have to agree with Luukeskywalker and say the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel intercut with the Yoda/Sidious duel. Such a great moment. Aside from the duel at the end of Return of the Jedi, it's really the most important fight in the series, where the Sith have finally trumped the Jedi and it really boils down to a fight for all civilization. It's not simply the four combantants lives at stake, but the entire galaxy.

I also like the stark contrast between the 2 duels. Anakin and Obi-Wan are two humans, fighting mostly with blue lightsabers in a bright orange, organic environment, where Yoda is a small frog-like creature, fighting a deformed human with green and red lightsabers, but mostly using force powers in a very dark, technological environment.

6. HylianBowcaster

HylianBowcaster Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 6, 2011
    Order 66
    This was the one scene I really didn't know how they were going to play out before I saw the movie. Amazing to see the Jedi masters we knew get killed simultaneously.

7. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    kotorkayla -- Welcome to the boards! And thank you for starting this thread; you've made it feel like 2005 again! [face_dancing]

I could easily go with the Anakin/Mace/Palpatine scene as has been mentioned. Visceral and intense with a hair-trigger sense of the inevitable about to happen. Plus ... night-time scenes with strobe effects and smashed-out Art Deco windows are always good things to have in your movie. :D

I can go one better than "best scene"; because, that's just me, ain't it? Always trying to show off. How about "best transition"? I, for one, love how the stately scene of Anakin being seduced by Palpatine in his office is quickly effaced by a high-octane chase between Obi-Wan and Grievous (wheel-bike sequence). You kind of see the twin tones and attitudes of Star Wars at work there: zen-like restraint in a "civilized" (office) space juxtaposed with classic action in some alien or colourful (CG/miniature) environment. It's a good political statement, too: one person's soul being corrupted amidst a cavalcade of ebullient escapism, which functions to distract and distort one's gaze (how many people in "real life" go wayward amongst all the ebb and flow of modern life because our hearts and minds our elsewhere?).

8. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Another awesome scene is Sidious declaring the Republic will now become the "First Galactic Empire" for a "safe and secure society", meanwhile that is being intercut with Darth Vader taking out all of the Separatist leaders on Mustafar to that CHILLING music. Reminds me of a similar sequence in The Godfather. An even more spine chilling moment is right after that as the camera goes back to Mustafar and surveys floor with all of the dead Neimodian bodies as Vader looks out at the dark horizon from the balcony, and a tear runs down his face. Again, the music there is JUST KILLER.

My GOD how in the world can bashers dislike this movie?!?!?! This movie is brilliant! My favorite movie of all time.

9. Jedirockstar1138

Jedirockstar1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2011
    The final showdowns between Anakin and Kenobi/ Yoda and Sidious. Uhh...let's see, the speech Obi-Wan gives to Anakin after the fight, and who can forget seeing Vader waking down the bridge of the Star Destroyer gazing at the Death Star next to Tarkin and Palpatine. Too many scenes to name really...

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [image=http://massassi.hobby-site.com/massassi/pictures/episode_3/img/opera_house01.jpg]
    [image=http://www.galacticbinder.com/images/yodacatch1.jpg]

11. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    YEAH! YEAH!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how good Lucas' framing and compositional style always is/are.

Notice the subtle camera tilt in the first image? And how Yoda is almost reaching through the screen (his left hand) in the second image? (What fantastic rendering and animation, too).

Beeeeeauuuuuutiful work. I can't believe anyone could seriously trash Lucas for some of the stuff that's in ROTS, but there you go.

12. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    If I have to pick one it would be the final confrontation between anakin and obi-wan. I remember being at the midnight screening with my wife and when that started to go down I was like a kid in my seat.

13. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    The answer is the same I give for The Empire Strikes Back: Everything sandwiched between "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..." and "Directed by [fill in the blank]".

cameron.osborn likes this.
  14. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    =D=

-NaTaLie- likes this.
  15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Definitely gotta be the Obi-Wan, Padme, Vader showdown right before the duel. I still remember the first time I saw Obi-Wan standing at the top of the ramp of Padme's ship in that Superman Pose....I got so giddy it was ridiculous. :p I think my brain rattled off something like "THEY'RE ABOUT TO FIGHT!!"

Been anticipating that scene for so darn long.

16. TragicHeroLover132

TragicHeroLover132 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2010
    I loved the whole opening scene between Anakin and Obi Wan. It was great to finally see the Team that we had heard about in the OT.

17. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Just a few of my favorites.

[image=http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/upload_images/20050205dookuduell.gif]

[image=http://img164.exs.cx/img164/1145/charcoalanakin7od.jpg]

[image=http://img235.exs.cx/img235/36/screenplaypage023image00010ob.jpg]

[image=http://img237.echo.cx/img237/4766/anakincrying8us.png]

[image=http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/face3000/501st_Legion.jpg]

"It's time for you to go sir."---"And so it is."

One of the most underrated scenes of the saga, in my opinion.

18. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    THIS.

Both scenes work on so many levels.

19. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    This.
    This is the part of the movie that moved me to tears the first time I viewed it (and did again today, the one hundred and seventy-ninth time I viewed it).

Order 66 it occurred to me today is the only other galaxy-wide montage scene in the saga along with the celebration at the end of ROTJ, being a perfect mirror of it.

Anyway, I love how it's seen through Yoda's point of view, and that even after he realizes what's happened, he continues to see it, and we actually experience his shock as he lingers on the battle on Kashyyyk.

20. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    To this day I still get sad seeing the scene with Anakin and Padme on Mustafar I feel that along with him and Obi Wan having their exchange before their duel was great emotionally packed. Also at the end of the duel Obi Wan's speech to Anakin was wonderfully done!

21. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    What about the galaxy spanning montage at the end of ROTS?

My answer to the thread is Anakin and Padme, connecting across Coruscant before Anakin's turn and also Order 66.

22. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    My favorite scene is actually a group of scenes.

From the moment that Anakin and Obi-Wan meet on Mustafar to the very end is my favorite part of RotS, and I would say the last half hour of RotS is arguably the most powerful moments of the saga. They're only rivaled by the Luke/Vader/Palpatine scenes in RotJ,

cameron.osborn likes this.
  23. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    QFT

24. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    [image=http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/star_wars__episode_iii___revenge_of_the_sith/_group_photos/hayden_christensen29.jpg]

The setting was spot on and the dialog was the most intelligent and meaningful in the entire saga.

25. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    There are a few really good scenes. Hard to choose one in particular.

I'll say maybe the whole scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan arguing in the Jedi temple, after Anakin's been appointed to the Council but denied the rank of master ("That's why you must help us..".) : great scenery and backgrounds, awesome camera angles and editing, good dialogues, fine and subtle pieces of acting by Christensen and Mc Gregor.

A most dramatic and emotional scene, with Anakin starting to be torn by his 2 loyalties (the Jedi and Palpy), becoming really angry and suspicious about the Jedi Council.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.