main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Best Scene of Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by kotorkayla, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I yelled "Stop!" and "Stop being a moron!" at the screen several times starting from the scene when Anakin left the Council chambers.

2. B1BattleDroid

B1BattleDroid Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2011
    The Battle over Coruscant, switching between the battle and Grievous bridge. Also the Anakin vs Obi-wan, Obi, Ani Vs Dooku, Order 66 and Utapau with clones vs Droids and Obi vs Grievous!

3. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I recently watched ROTS for the first time in a while over a friends house and im starting to think that its my new favorite of the saga. I swear its like EVERY scene is better and better, like if i had to get up to get a drink i actually find myself saying over and over again "right after this scene ill get up and get that drink". I truly believe that the editing in general is maybe the best of the saga (right up there with ANH and thats saying something)

Also one thing i would like to mention that i noticed upon this recent viewing was that in a way the air traffic on coruscant symbolizes the constant motion/nature of the universe, another words your watching a scene and you see these characters discussing important events and always in the background are the people/lifeforms of the universe constantly turning and moving just as the very planet they are on orbits the solar system that orbits the galaxy that moves with the rest of the universe. I read that the reason why the window in palpatines office is long is because its to show that the decisions in this room have a wide affect on the galaxy. How freakin cool is this? I mean really.=D=

Things like the traffic and the window truly complement the ongoing theme in the saga of how you cant stop the suns from setting and to be truly in tune with the force you have to be able to accept this fact of life.

4. Obi-WanLikeaBoss

Obi-WanLikeaBoss Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2011
    The Battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan, and the scene on the lava slide are the best scenes of the film. The emotion in them, the fighting and the tragedy of it combined with some brilliant acting from Ewan McGregor make them very powerful. I am not ashamed to say I cry every time he says "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you."

5. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm not sure if it's my favourite scene, but I have found myself liking the scene after Anakin's first dream more and more. The scene where he tells Padme about it. Quite depressing, and definitely feels like a tragedy. The music gets to me too. *sigh*

6. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Obi-Wan delivering Luke to the Lars family, and Owen looking out at the suns setting.

7. theSkywalkersrock

theSkywalkersrock Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2011
    ROTS is my favorite movie and everything from when Mace enters Palpatine?s office to the end of the movie is one nonstop barrage of awesomeness!!!

8. Juma-Juice

Juma-Juice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    In theater - My favorite was the march on the Jedi temple. I was 14-15 years old then and seeing a hooded Anakin with yellow eyes walking purposefully up the stairs with a clone army at his back was just too awesome.

Now - the duel between Obi and Anakin, by far. The lightsaber combat is the best of the saga, the acting is perfect, the music is especially perfect, and the emotions feel palpable at the end. It still leaves me glued to the screen for the entire duration. Yoda v Palpatine is also juxtaposed in there nicely... The entire trilogy boils down to those ten breathless minutes.

9. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    The battle between Anakin and Ob-Wan is my favorite. But a close second would have to be a scene that's fairly short: Padme's funeral. It's such a dark, gloomy, sad scene. It's visually spectacular as well.

10. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Best dialogue scene:

Opera House, hands down. Some people might disagree, but I consider it to be the best "talky" scene in the entire saga. It's got everything: the clash of the philosophies, the past, the future, the tension, supported by relevant music and visuals. It turns around certain assumptions similar to "I am your father", albeit more subtly. It's Star Wars mythology at its best, on par with the Dagobah scenes.

Best action:

The lava duel intercut with Sidious/Yoda. Who cares what Ebert thinks, lightsaber duels are trademark Star Wars, as much as the dog fights. Yoda vs. Sidious is the grand battle of two ancient archenemies that works well with the more personal drama of Anakin's betrayal.

Best quiet scene:

Padme ruminations. It's a counterpart of Luke's looking into the twin sunset.

11. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    That, and the picnic scene in AOTC are my favorite romantic scenes in the PT.

What's good about this one, is that it's both courtly love and down-to-earth. The look on Anakin's face when Padme tells him the "wonderful" news is priceless. I can imagine my husband reacting in a similar manner to the unplanned pregnancy :) Well written and well acted.

12. Bens_Dad

Bens_Dad Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2010
    It's probably the quieter scenes for me: the conversation between Anakin and Palpatine at the opera house and its Faustian overtones and Obi-wan telling Padme about Anakin killing the Younglings. Not only are these brilliantly acted but the music is also spot-on.

Of course, there's so much to love about this film and I don't think there's a single scene that doesn't work. I agree with the earlier comment about the editing, too. In every way, Revenge Of The Sith delivers.

13. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    An interesting detail that links these is the presence, or, at least, the implied presence, of water: at the opera/ballet, there are large bubbles suspended by repulsorlift technology, being entered and re-entered by strange dancers; during the Obi-Padme scene, there's a water fountain quietly trickling away (a small hint of Naboo, perhaps), which is replaced by hyper-masculine roaring flows of lava as the film cuts to Anakin on Mustafar.

An extra detail I really like in the opera/ballet scene is the blue-purple glow dancing on two beams/parapets behind Anakin's head, which Anakin's head is framed in-between. Similarly, this exotic, enchanting light is being reflected on the actors' faces, as their characters converse about power and life and death. The lighting adds a surrealistic quality to the scene and is one of several instances in which purple is associated with Palpatine in ROTS.

It's stuff like this that reminds me Star Wars -- and especially the PT -- is a visual powerhouse, using a myriad of both bold and dramatic and discreet and subtle contrasts, arguably with no equal(s) in the annals of cinema.

14. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Jedi Padawan

Jul 20, 2011
    The Yoda/Palpatine fight in the senate. A brilliant piece of film that.

15. VadersFollower

VadersFollower Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 18, 2011
    My favorite scene is naturally the birth of Vader/Death of Padme. I fantasized about this scene ever since I saw ROTJ and then waited many years to see this ever since the PT was announced

16. CoolUsernameHere

CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2011
    I really love the opening scene, especially up to the point where Dooku is slain. It feels quite a big like the original trilogy. And for the first time I really sense a great bond between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

17. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Jedi Padawan

Jul 20, 2011
    Haven't read the thread but this one's quite an underrated little scene in my opinion;

The one with Anakin and Obi Wan in the hallway after his rejection on the council- good acting all round, Ewan especially- seeds of suspicion thrown around- foreboding, tense music track from John and one of the ones that really got it going for me in 2005.

18. Kenobi_Skywalker

Kenobi_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2010
    I love this movie, like all the movies, from start to finish. But my favorite scene in ROTS is the scene between Obi-Wan and Padme when he tells her of Anakin's turn. Like another poster said, the dialogue and music are spot on. Obi-Wan's "I'm so sorry" moves me every time.

19. b3gi

b3gi Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2011
    Anakin Vs Obi-Wan Epic fight and epic ending

20. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    This. I simply love how ROTS still ends on a good note and starts the beginning of the end.

21. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    When Anakin is in the Temple staring out the window in Padme's direction and vice versa.. The scene does a great job showing the audience the intense conflict Anakin is feeling with subtlety...

So many are great, but this one brings chills....

22. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    How about the entire frickin' movie??? Well, except for "You're breaking my heart!!!" :_| :p

23. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    All the parts where Luca uses facial expressions instead of dialogue: incredibly evocative and moving, it's really his greatest strength, especially in this film.

24. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    When Palpatine flipped his hood over his head, then turned toward the camera and I was like OH CRAP IT'S THE EMPEROR FROM RETURN OF THE JEDI EVEN THE SAME DAMN ACTOR!!!

One of my all time favorite movie moments.

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My favorite scene has more to do with the music that transitions to the next, than the scene itself. Balcony, after Obi-Wan confronts Padme, those are my favorite somber notes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.