main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best scene of the entire OT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DARTH_RADHA, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    ROTJ: On one of the skiffs when Boba Fett lands near Luke. Luke then slices Boba's gun in half in one quick stroke.

2. Bergey

Bergey Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    imo, its when vader attacks the emperor and sacrifices himself to save luke.

3. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    There's too many, but I'll pick the first that comes to mind:

Lando coming out of the light to rescue Luke in ESB. Definetely gives me goosebumps.

4. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    The dolly-in close-up of Vader when Luke screams as Palpatine begins his final assault of lightning. Despite all facial expression being hidden you can feel the instant that love overpowers the dark side.

5. Warcry

Warcry Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2003
    ESB. Han being frozen in carbonite.

"I love you."
    "I know."

It's probably because of how that scene gets played upon in Shadows of the Empire, but that one always sticks in my mind. The music also manages to send shivers down my spine every time.

The final Vader/Luke battle in ROTJ is a close second, also because of the wonderful musical scoring.

6. jedi_first_degree

jedi_first_degree Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2004
    i think the best seen is when the captain tells vadar in ESB that they lost the falcon in the metor storm and you just see him hit the ground and vadar say apology excepted captain needa( or however you spell that)

7. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    When Chewbacca growls at that little droid in ANH and it gets scared and drives away. Best scene in the whole trilogy, lol

8. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

like many other people, i like the vader-luke esb duel.

"I am your father."

9. DuoDemon

DuoDemon Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    My personal favorite:

The Trench Run, where Vader is about to gun down everybody's favorite Skywalker, when out of nowhere Han busts in and blasts his sorry behind.

10. geordiejedi1982

geordiejedi1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    Greedo shooting first :p

More seriously, for me it's the x-wing getting lifted by Yoda. Makes you realise how powerful he is, how much Luke has still to learn, and the sadness in Yoda's voice when he tells him "that is why you fail" portrays the idea that Yoda is worried that Luke can't achieve what is required.

11. smellyouvediscovered

smellyouvediscovered Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2004
    by far my favorite is when the cloaked jedi luke walks in to jabbas palace. he's finally a badass and plays it to a tee

12. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm venturing out of the fanfic boards, so y'all be nice, okay? :p

My favorite scene in the OT has always been when Luke rushes back to the Lars homestead to find his aunt and uncle's burned bodies. There's a look of stunned disbelief on his face and then he looks down at the ground as though he can't bear to see the death and destruction any more.

But when he looks back up, he's wearing such a fierce look of determination. I can almost hear him saying "I'll get the ones responsible for this, Owen and Beru. They won't get away with it!"

Course, this is before he knows that Jedi aren't supposed to seek revenge and all that, but I still love the power of that scene.

13. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I also go with the Burning Lars Homestead.

My other favorite scene is when R2D2 and Yoda fight over the items in Luke's bag. When Yoda starts thumping R2 with his stick is brilliantly funny.

14. DarthRicker

DarthRicker Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    My favorite is probably the trench run. I like the way the music builds the tension with Vader bearing down on Luke and then has this ethereal quality when Ben tells Luke to use the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.