main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best shot in the OT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 4LOM, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Who is the best marksman/woman in the OT? My vote is for Han. Watch in the Battle of Endor as he picks off a stormtrooper from way far away, hitting the guy between the eyes!

I think probably Chewie is next (hitting a fleeing speeder bike is no easy task but he pulled it off), followed by Leia (her shooting the AT-ST driver during the Endor battle was pretty sweet marksmanship), Lando, and Luke (Luke barely uses a handgun in the trilogy).

Boba Fett fans...don't even say Boba Fett is the best shot. You can plainly see in ROTJ where he takes, like, three shots at luke with his wrist laser and they miss by a mile!

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Luke Skywalker. Death Star. Kabooooom...

'nuff said.

3. 4LOM

Jan 9, 2004
    I was thinking more along the lines of hand weapons, not shipboard weapons (though I agree, Luke's torpedo drop was, like Han said, a "one in a million").

4. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    I can't believe the '4LOM' username was available! Anyway, I would say the stormtroopers that attacked the Jawas on Tatooine. Obviously had they made it back to the DS in time, Han & Co would be dead.

5. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    I always thought the torpedos were guided a bit by the Force, unintentionally, of course. He willed them in, and the Force took over.

Like when he flew Beggar's Canyon back home, he was using the Force, as Anakin was with Pod Racing.

Madine out

6. MasterAero

MasterAero Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2002
    Seems like I read somewhere that Leia was the best shot. (on screen) It said she never missed. Don't know how accurate that was. I don't remember where I saw that.

7. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "Best shot in the OT"

Could that be a Corellian Fizzle? Or perhaps a Corscant Slammer? There's always the ever popular Jawa Juice.

Seriously, I'd say Wedge shooting the TIE off of Luke's tail in ANH was some darn fine ship shooting.

As far as blasters go, I'd have to say Han. He does hit that stormie right in the head in ROTJ from quite a distance. Acutally, when Han was using his DL44 I'm pretty certian he hit everything he shot at. I could be wrong. Leia's pretty good though,,,

8. 4LOM

Jan 9, 2004
    4-LOM was not available to use as a name, but 4LOM was.

Leia's a great shot but not quite the omnipotent marksman some make her out to be. Check out the shoot-out with her and Luke right before they swing across the chasm together. There are three stormtroopers on a ledge above shooting down at them. Leia shoots at them several times and misses (no slight meant to her, that's a tough shot, shooting up at someone shooting down at you) but she does manage to cap one of them anyway after a few missed shots (though she may have been trying to lay down supression fire more than anything else. I think at one point the troopers do back off)

What was her body count at Bespin?

Lando's no slouch either, I think he nailed at least two stormtroopers at a long range shooting from the waist! Must have spent some time on the shooting range in addition to the card tables.

9. DarthDean

DarthDean Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Best shot was Han Solo.

10. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    It hell wasn't Greedo.

11. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I've gotta go with Solo for being the best shot. I just can't imagine a smuggler as old as Han who is not a good shot. That's one of the professions where you have to be able to kill in order to survive. Greedo is the perfect example of what happens if you are a mercenary/bounty hunter and can't shoot.

12. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, originally we didn't know that Greedo was a crappy shot(and it should have stayed that way). Greedo shooting first sucks.

I think the award for best shot should go to the stormtroopers. :)

13. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Than again the Death Star was a good shot too. Both to them. They hit everything they aimed at :D

14. gold-finger

gold-finger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    Definitely Han. Luke was a lousy shot(obviously).

15. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Han blasting that stormtrooper in the head in ROTJ was the best I've seen. Following that would be Chewie shooting the speeder bike, and Veer's AT-AT taking a little sidestep before zapping a snowspeeder out of the sky in ESB ;)

16. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    It's either Leia or Han, although Lando and Chewie knew what they were doing. Wedge was also really good in ships.

Don't forget the quad laser cannon scene though.

17. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i dont know...those ewoks sure did a good job re-enacting the times of stoning from great britain

18. 4LOM

Jan 9, 2004
    The Ewok who threw a lasso around the front vanes of a speeder bike and caused it to smash into a tree deserves to be recognized. It must be pretty hard to lasso something going like 300mph.

19. 4LOM

Jan 9, 2004
    Worst shot candidates:

The Nikto on the Sail barge. He was firing a CANNON and couldn't nail Han and Chewie! He took, like, 45 shots and didn't succeed in doing anything but knocking Boba Fett over.

That stormtrooper on Bespin who comes up behind Chewie all by his lonesome and takes two or three shots at the wookie while his back is turned. Chewie turns around and nails the guy with one shot. How do you miss Chewie's gigantic 7-foot tall self, especially when you have the advantage of surprise?

I already talked about Boba Fett trying to shoot Luke in ROJ. Most dangerous bounty hunter in the galaxy? Please.

When Han rounded that corner in ANH, he should have been dead meat, close quarters and outnumbered. Not only does he not get shot, he takes out a stormie right before he takes off running the other direction!

The rebels on board the blockade runner in ANH. They should have capped way more than two stormtroopers in that gun battle.

20. MyHomeThisIs

MyHomeThisIs Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2004
    Probably Han, both in and out of a ship.

Stormtroopers have got to be the absolute worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.