main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Soundtrack/Score Release?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Trentman359, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trentman359

Trentman359 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    After getting my complete Superman Score, I began to wonder what is the best ever Soundtrack release?
    I really enjoy sets with extensive liner notes that detail the creation and inception of the music. The LOTR sets do an interesting job but they mainly talk about the themes. The SW sets just detail what is going on in the film at the time of the music. The Superman notes give a little bit of everything but I find it a little troublesome to follow.

The question is what is your favorite Score release and why?
    Also, what do you look for in a 'collecters edition' release?

2. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Personally, I think that Pirates of the Caribbean 3 had an awesome score. I can follow and identify every peice and recite line for line what all the characters are saying at each point (a feat which thouroughly scares my sister).

It has movement, passion and a depth which I absolutely love. I love Hans Zimmer's composing style! The third Pirate's score also ties in the original "He's a Pirate" theme from Black Pearl, as well as bits from Jack Sparrow's them, which is played throughout the first and second movies.

So, Pirates three is pretty awesome, IMO.

But then again, there are all the Star Wars, and LoTR, and Gladiator and, Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and... all those other great ones!

3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Sets like the LOTR CR are in a whole different league from regular releases.

The original vinyl soundtracks from Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back are great relases, and not just for the actual score. The liner notes and photo spreads included are quite good (especially for 1977/1980). The RCA SE releases have those wonderful booklets that provide expanded "liner notes". The OST for ROTJ was disappointing for many reasons: single disc, lacking some great cues, missing liner notes - when compared with SW & ESB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.