main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best sporting atmospheres

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by rechedelphar, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Which sport and where do you think is the best atmosphere in all sports. The crowd, evergy, passion, which is the best in your opinion?

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Boston Red Sox in the 8th inning of a home game, when they start playing Sweet Caroline.

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Kick-off of Texas vs Texas A&M @ Kyle Field

4. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002

5. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Anytime a stadium is full and the game is close - MCG on Grand Final day, or the Boxing Day test. But especially during the minutes silence on ANZAC day - to have 100,000 fired up fans remain silent and respectful is awe inspiring.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Opening Day in just about any baseball park. You can almost smell hope in the air. It's a beautiful thing.

7. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003

8. Darth Mace

Darth Mace Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Most any major college football stadium for a big game.

Best atmosphere at a game I've ever been to is Auburn vs. Florida last year in Jordan-Hare. The media even picked that as the best last year in terms of the atmoshere in the stadium.

9. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003

Amen.

I love both Bay Area atmospheres. The S.F. Giants have a beautiful park, but being an A's fan...even though the park is outdated, I love going to day baseball games there.

To bad they will be moving.

10. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Footie, of course. Everyone knows that.

EDIT: also, spinoff thread.

11. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    This past year? Definitely Oracle Arena in Oakland. When the first round of the playoffs came around, nobody had better fans than the Warriors. And I mean it.

12. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    oh, I thought you were joking.

13. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Mountaineer Field at night for a weekday game. Nobody comes into Mountaineer and beats the Eers at night. The atmosphere is amazing and the stadium is packed to probably beyond capacity.

14. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003

It will be interesting to see how many fan continue to show up.

There were alot of frontrunners who went to those games. I always go to the Kings V. Warriors games, about half the fans were kings fans. That is why it is known as ARCO West.

I would say the atmosphere at ARCO arena is one of the best, if not thee best sporting atmoshperes. They always sell out, even when the team is bad. They own the current consecutive sellout streak, and is loud night in and night out. They sold out in the 80's and 90's when the team had not been in the Playoffs for 13 years in a row. There are no better fans in the NBA.

15. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Death Valley at LSU is pretty nice. I went there a few years ago for the Florida/LSU game, and while there were "Tiger bait!" chants all around they were actually very friendly. I remember one girl coming up to us and saying, "We aren't harassing y'all too much, are we?" :p They are also very gracious losers, at least the people we encountered.

Things may be different now, but it was a very pleasant experience then. I'd pick going to Death Valley over going to a State game in Starkville any day!

16. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Allen Fieldhouse, ftw.

17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Autzen Stadium and Fenway get my vote.

18. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    however great these American sports atmospheres are, othing compares to a UEFA Champions League match or any big time night match at the following: Anfield, Old Trafford, Celtic Park, Ibrox and Beskiktas stadium, Olympiacos.
    When every single fan sings the same song a do the same chants.

19. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    The CL semifinal second legbetween Chelsea and Liverpool at Anfield the other year was absolutely electric. You could feel it even when watching on tv.

20. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    candlestick during the heyday of the niners was probably the best i've experienced. but my experience is pretty limited. got to get out to yankee stadum next year before that's gone, and i'd love to see games at fenway, wrigley and lambeau.

21. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    O definatley, I was going to mention that game. The crowd absolutely drowned out the UEFA Cup anthem at the beggining

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.