main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Best Star Wars Leader

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rachel_In_Red, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader's greatest flaw as a leader is that he's a monster, as well in looks as in behavior. A monster is not someone most people want to follow. Still, despite all that he will probably draw the greatest psychopaths of the Empire like a moth to a flame as he has in fact a lot of charisma (all the fans are testament to that). An example would be Laurita Thom in the Ghost Prison comics.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    My personal favorite leader was Mon Mothma. I felt that she like Bail Organa during the time before the rise of the empire saw the abuse of power done by Palpatine and even after he established his new order, she resisted to the point that he wanted her dead. She held the rebellion together after Organa's death as well as when Garm Bel Iblis left the rebellion. She led the rebellion during the height of the war and faced multiple crisis's like the Thrawn Campaign as well as World Devastators. While she hasn't been given as much credit for what she did, I do think she was one of the best leaders in Star Wars.

Iron_lord and MOC Yak Face like this.
  3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    This is a tough one to answer. I'd have to go with Obi-Wan, though. He showed during the clone wars that he was smart and effective and kept the goal of the mission in sight. In addition, he was also fair to his men, and was willing to listen to suggestion if his plan wasn't working, but also was stern enough to continue to garner respect and obedience from his men.

MOC Yak Face and Iron_lord like this.
  4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I dissagree with most of your choices of Yoda. A good leader understands when the rules don't hack it and will improvise as appropriate. Yoda felt too bound by the Jedi code and wasn't able to make effective decisions that could have ensured the future of the Jedi was less bleak.

Personally I feel Darth Vader was a good military leader and consider it a shame that he didn't take command of more Imperial battles.

5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    His men were genetically engineered to be completely obedient.

6. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

You mean like the clone troopers who openly defied Pong Krell on Umbara?

7. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    One thing is for sure: Vader doesn't tolerate much BS.

8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Exactly. Look at how much they put up with before they actually rebelled against him. He showed no respect for his men, spared them no courtesy or dignity, he openly despised them and cared nothing for their lives, and yet they obeyed. Right up until the point that it was undeniably obvious that he wasn't merely inept, but guilty of treason.

Kenobi's men turned on him the instant they were ordered to as well.

Iron_lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.