main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Star Wars Wii Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by charleston_chewbacca, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charleston_chewbacca

charleston_chewbacca Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2010
    hi, my boyfriend is a huge star wars fan and collector. he likes Clone Wars too. he's recently bought a wii and i would like to get him a star wars wii game for Christmas. can anyone help me out by recommending any particular games (and telling me why you recommend them)?
    Thank you
    C-C

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    About the only Wii game that comes to mind is Lego Star Wars - which has a lot of fun stuff to do.

However....

The Wii also plays GameCube games, so....

Get hold of a GC pad & memory card first and then grab these:

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Both games are a few years old now but are still very good and for a SW fan, they remain awesome for enabling to feel like you're blowing up:

The Death Star / Star Destroyer / Super Star Destroyer / Death Star II / Speeder Bikes / AT-AT

The only problem is I don't know how much this stuff is now - could be cheap but might not be...

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Out of the ones I know, I have played:

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    The Force Unleashed
    Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
    Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

Lego Star Wars is always fun and a lot of things to collect which would last some time. Tons of characters to choose from and plays through the six live action films.
    The Force Unleashed... while it looks like a PS2 game, the controls are quite good. It is short, can get repetitive and the multiplayer duel mode isn't that fun.
    Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels feels like Soul Calibur 'lite', it is fun when playing with others and the banter between the characters are also fun. It doesn't have much of a story, just set pieces to duel and cutscenes.
    Clone Wars: Republic Heroes... it is a mixed bag. At times it feels good and then the jumping moments and level designs disrupts the flow. It can get frustrating towards the end. It is an original story set between Season 1 and 2 of the series. If they had polished it more and fixed some of the mechanics, it could have been great.

Out of those games, I find myself returning to Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels for a few rounds every now and then.

I'm not sure how The Force Unleashed II fairs up on the Wii. I do know that there is Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars coming soon which looks great.

With the backward compatibility with the Gamecube games, I agree with Jedi Ben about the Rogue Squadron games being worth tracking down. You do need a Gamecube controller for that and a memory card which slots in at the top of the Wii.

I hope this helps. :)

4. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars on the GameCube was also fun. It is not based on the animated show. It came out during the release of Episode 2 and has its own story that takes place immediately after Episode 2. The story is not so interesting. What you need to know is that it is based around vehicular combat during the Clone Wars and you get to drive tanks, fly the Republic Gunship etc. I had a lot of fun with it back then.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also out around the same time for Gamecube was Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. I've had great fun with the PS2 version. If your boyfriend is a fan of Jango or Boba Fett he'd probably like this. Lots of action (and a few fiendishly hard levels).

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Heh Laj, that one's fun for the fact you can shoot just about everyone!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - especially on the prison and Longo Two-Guns levels. Just about everyone there is an enemy. The Bando Gora levels were just creepy though.

8. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    I always had a lot of fun with LEGO: Star Wars, especially now that you can get the whole saga in the same game, and then when you complete everything in story mode you can take characters from any movie and go back to all the play areas. It's a blast. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.