main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best SW GBA game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by electrakitty, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    I just got a Game Boy Advance, and I want to get an SW game for it, but I'm confused as to which to buy. . .anyone got favorites, and if so, why? I'd love to get some input on which ones you all like :)

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    i only own "The New Droid Army" and it is really, really, really, really bad. I hear the "Revenge of the Sith" game is quite good on GBA though. :D

3. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..ha, if you think "New Droid Army" is bad, then you obviously didn't play "Flight of the Falcon" or "Episode II: Attack of the Clones", truly among the two worst games i've ever played ANYWHERE..

Actually, i kinda liked "New Droid Army".. Once you get used to the top-down perspective, it's pretty cool. The force powers are responsive, and you have some semi-neat boss battles...It's really short, though.. Literally took me about 3 days to beat.

Only other one i've played was "Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force".. It was decent. Probably the best one i've played, but i haven't tried the Revenge of the Sith game, which gets some semi-decent reviews. The Lego Star Wars game is probably the best reviewed SW GBA game that i've seen.

4. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    yea, i forgot about Lego Star Wars, that is practily my favorite game on Xbox! :p

5. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    The Star Wars Triology was good and I liked Flight of the Falcon. But definetly The Star Wars Triology. It reminds me of super star wars.

6. OnyxJedi

OnyxJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2004
    Revenge of the Sith
    Star Wars Trilogy
    New Droid Army

Those are the only GBA games worth playing IMO if you go GB the NES versions of Star Wars and ESB were ported to original Gameboy. Super Return of the Jedi of Gameboy isn't that bad either. I like Yoda Stories, but I'm the only one. :)

7. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    Yoda Stories isn't so bad. Its jus not so good. It came out around the time when lucasarts was just throwing Star Wars games out. Some good and some not so good.

8. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i can't comment on the GB yoda Stories (i never played that version), but i quite enjoyed the PC Yoda Stories. Fun little game to play when you had 15 minutes to go in the office..

if you go GB the NES versions of Star Wars and ESB were ported to original Gameboy.

Oh i'd avoid those two like the plague, though.

9. Xanakh

Xanakh Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    Is the "Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force" game a port of the SNES Super Star Wars games, or an all new game?

10. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    All new game.

11. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Which is better Lego or ROTS?

12. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    revenge of the sith is pretty good, you get to upgrade anankin and obiwan.

13. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    I was considering the Trilogy, 'cause I liked the OT better than the PT (movie-wise, anyway), and I'm glad to hear many of you seem to like it. That might be what I go with. Thanks :)

14. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    You know what I want. A Star Wars RPG. (Like the HarryPotter Games)

15. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    New Droid Army wasn't that bad.

16. LusankyaSSD

LusankyaSSD Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    They should make a Star Wars RPG, something among the lines of Final Fantasy and/or Fire Emblem. Would be cool.

17. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
  18. OnyxJedi

OnyxJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2004
    Oh Man I forgot about Lego Star Wars GBA! That is also cool. Short, but cool.

19. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    I've never played that.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll toss in my two cents with NDA being a decent game, and Flight of the Falcon sucking.

21. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I've only played Apprentice of the Force and Lego Star Wars, but I've got to tell you, Lego Star Wars is tons of fun. The free play mode is worth it. Think you can beat Darth Vader on Mustafar with Jar Jar Binks? Give it a shot.

22. Corellian_Pilot

Corellian_Pilot Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2004
    Does the Lego Star Wars GBA game have different levels than the console, PC version? Revenge of the Sith is my favorite SW Game so far. I like it even better than the X=Box, PS2 versions!

23. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    what i liked most about yoda stories was that it was quick, you could complete a level in a small amount of time, but once you got the spirit heart there was little reason to carry on. the other thing i really liked about it was that i used to use the icons stored on the game disk and use them as my desktop items like 'my computer' and stuff like that, i made a quicklaunch button out of the darth vader icon that when clicked, automatically shut down my computer (skipping all the restart/restart in dos/shut down options)

I also used microsoft sound recorder to mix some of the sound effects together which was well cool... I think there was the ATAT walker sound, followed by a tie quickly followed by an xwing, some laser shots, an explosion, and then the victory theme, lol. sounded damn good. man i must have been bored :p

24. i_want_to_be_a_droid

i_want_to_be_a_droid Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    BUY LEGO STARWARS its really the best. when u get it (if u decide to) press pause and press the following keys "start, start, down, down, down, down, down, down," this code lets u play the best starwars character. too bad he does not have the 4 lightsaber combo move:(.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.