main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Best SW Movie

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TDMRHDSpeeder, Apr 22, 2003.

?

Best SW Movie

Poll closed Jun 11, 2003.
  1. Phantom Menace

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Attack Of The Clones

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. A New Hope

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. Empire Strikes Back

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Return Of The Jedi

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe_The_Red

Joe_The_Red Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    No that you mention it, and therefore I can think about it, Yoda fighting with force powers sounds a lot cooler that a lightsaber battle. Darth Tyranus could've tried to slash him with his lightsaber, but Yoda would be too fast. Then Yoda points his finger at Tyranus and he would just fall down. Something like that would be cool.

Or they could still have given Yoda a lightsaber, but he would hold it with his mind. Has any one played as Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. Melee? Kinda like how he fights with a lightsaber.

2. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    that would have been really tight

3. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    for sure dude, for sure

4. xcrooksx

xcrooksx Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Is anyone else troubled by the lack of continuity of technology between the original episodes and the new episodes? What I mean is, the technology of the past (episodes I and II) seems more advanced than the technology of the future (episodes IV, V, VI).

5. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    explain....

You must also realize that this is a civilization that has existed for over 10,000 years. There is only a small time difference between the two trilogies in comparison. 20 years and you aren't going to see alot of technological advances. Granted in real life the last 20 years there have been HUGE strides in technology but after 10,000 years, I doubt the advance will be as swift.

But please, explain why you feel that the technology is more advanced? We certainly see more of it in the new trilogy, but that is becuase of ILM. Everything you see in the new trilogy existed in the old one, you just never got to see it on camera.

6. xcrooksx

Apr 18, 2003
    Look at spacecrafts, laser blasters, and droids. In PM and AOTC, they seem more advanced technology than in ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. I realize in reality, movie making as taken great strides from the early movies to the later films, but in the reality of the story the spacecrafts, weaponry, and droids should be similar. It has something to do the vision of the future in the 1970's compared to the vision of the future today. Luke's land speeder looks like a '72 Chrysler compared to the speeder Anakin and Obi-wan use to chase the bounty hunter in AOTC which may be a '03 BMW.
    Am I getting my point across clearly? I don't know how to explain it proplerly.

7. TDMRHDSpeeder

Apr 10, 2003
    i understand what your saying. The problem is I had the same trouble explaining the same thing.

8. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    well..... keep in mind that there was a war going on in the original trilogy....
    and Luke lives on a backwater planet....
    Courscant is the capital...it would make sense that there might be cooler things on Courscant....
    besides....We never saw much in the way of cities in the old trilogy....not like we get to see in the new movies...

lame excuse I know... but I tried ;)

9. Joe_The_Red

Joe_The_Red Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    It works.

10. xcrooksx

Apr 18, 2003
    I don't know...still seems to me to be unparallel. I think I'll bring the subject up next time I talk to Lucas, see what he has to say for himself.

11. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    as for the speeder thing....luke had a ground speeder, the other was an airspeeder, which is going to be more aerodynamic.

12. xcrooksx

Apr 18, 2003
    then consider the millinium falcon, x-wing fighters, and tie fighters. Could you see them fitting in with the trade federation ships, or Obiwan's cruise in AOTC?

13. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    definately. YOu also have to take into account the different alien species and the different styles of ship building among the different shipyards and companies. The Falcon is a Bulk freighter, not designed for combat and speed. The X-wing and Naboo Starfighters are just that, starfighters, sleek and small. The big trade federation ships didn't look special at all to me...just a semi-circle with a ball in the center. The main deck of the Federation ship looked no more advanced then the main deck of a star destroyer.

14. xcrooksx

Apr 18, 2003
    I am obviously generalising too much for a proper argument. Let me think of a specific example and get back to you.

15. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    sure thing.

16. TDMRHDSpeeder

Apr 10, 2003
    is it just me or has anyone else noticed that AOTC has the most votes.

17. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    ROTJ is next!!! i still cant belive that AOTC is first ...what is wrong with you people!!!! ;)

18. Darth_Pat

Darth_Pat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    I liked AOTC better than ESB, but not by much ;)

19. falcon_flyboy

falcon_flyboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    So you prefer shallow ,winy love scenes and bad dialogue?

20. TDMRHDSpeeder

Apr 10, 2003
    I think that's a yes

21. Darth_Pat

Darth_Pat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    So you prefer shallow ,winy love scenes and bad dialogue?

:confused: What movie were you watching??? [face_plain]

22. Jhono_Fett

Jhono_Fett Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2003
    There was one major reason that I voted for Empire. The premire of Boba Fett. Nuff Said. AOTC was cool cuz you see Boba as a kid and you meet Jango, but Boba is still the original Bad One. Jango has only claimed the title of Coolest Star Wars character because he has his own game. If they bring out a Boba Fett game, he will reclaim his title.

23. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Empire had, AT-AT's, Yoda while he was still a cool Muppet, it was the only movie all the bounty hunters lived through, and it has the most famoustest hand chopping off scene in the entire saga!

24. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

DARTHVADER_ANAKIN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2003
    The final duel is the best part of the Star Wars saga. That makes Return of the Jedi the best!!!!!!!

25. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    It's a tough choice, but I think I'll pick AOTC. The only parts that I didn't really like were the love scenes, and I didn't really hate those. But I really liked the parts with "Detective Obi-Wan", and everything else was very good IMO.

ROTJ and ESB come in second. ESB is just a good movie, and ROTJ's space battle and duel are some of the most favorite parts of the movies for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.