main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best television series (besides cartoons) and why...

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Mastadge, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson

Crimson Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    I cant believe nobody else likes The Family Guy. Im going as far as saying it's funnier that the newer simpsons. It's clever and intelligent, and yet can appeal to the idiots in all of us.

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    i would have listed the family guy but it said no cartoons.

but the family guy is awesome! i agree.

3. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Does cartoons include Anime???

My vote goes for Vandread First Stage, I couldn't stop watching it, all 13 eps of the series in 4.5 hours straight.

Other than that
    Buffy- it was so good when Buffy and Angel were a couple but no they aren't so it has gone slightly downhill

Charmed- Phoebe and Cole ditto, it's gone downhill cos I read that Cole gets de-demonised

4. Crimson

Crimson Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    The Family Guy, just like The Simpsons, is not a cartoon, it is an animated series.

5. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    My top ten

1. Buffy. Funny, Exciting, thrilling, interesting, never dull. etc. I could go on.

2. Lois and Clark (except the last season) I really liked this version of Superman. The show was nicely done and well acted. It was cheesy at times but always fun. Well until that weird wedding and that whole final with the baby was just plain stupid.

3. Star Trek TNG. after season 1. Great acting and stories. Interesting universe and situation.

4. Star Trek DS9. Except some Episodes about Sisko and the Bajoran Gods. Otherwise see #3

5. Angel. see #1.

6. The Greatest American Hero. I just loved this show as a kid. Imagine getting powers like Superman but you had no clue how to use them.. Great stuff. They absolutely need to do a modern remake of this one. YOU HEAR ME TV GODS? YOU MUST!

7. Battle Star Galactica. Another fav of Mine from my childhood. Not counting Galactica 1980. What kid my age didn't want to be Starbuck at one point or another?

8. The A-team.. B.A. and Merdoc (need I say more)

9. Buck Rogers. Wilma Dering was a goddess. Nuff said.

10. Magnum P.I. Who didn't want that car or to live in that estate or want his job?

New Shows that may move on to that list in time....

Smallville. Great stuff..Another interesting take on Superman.

Enterprise. Most of the other ST shows sucked in the first season, acting and stories. This one started off great on both accounts.

6. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    -Monty Python's Flying Circus
    -Seinfeld
    -Mystery Science Theater 3000

That's pretty much it besides The Simpsons. I'm more of a movie person

7. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

-Monty Python's Flying Circus
    -Mystery Science Theater 3000