main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Best theater in Seattle for EpIII?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Admiral12, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral12

Admiral12 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2000
    Hi everyone, I live in NYC but I'm going to be on vacation in Seattle during opening weekend. I'm planning to see Ep III on Saturday, May 21 (I'm traveling on the 19th and won't get to Seattle until the 20th). I'd thought about seeing it at the Cinerama but I also saw links at movietickets.com for the Pacific Place theaters. I will have a car with me for the weekend but I'm not interested in driving outside the city just to see the movie. I'd also prefer to see it digitally but I'll settle for film. Of course I'll see it a few more times in NYC, so I can catch it in digital then.

My guess is that the Cinerama will be a better experience but I'm just curious if there are any other options.
    I've been to Seattle before, and I'm looking forward to this trip. If anyone is doing the opposite trip and coming to New York, I'd be happy to recommend theaters and options for my hometown.

Thanks.

2. D0orD0not

D0orD0not Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    Hey - this is my first time watching it in seattle area, everyone told me the cinerama is the best place to see it due to the expereince you'll get (hence why I'm going to see it there!!). However, from other posts looks like it will be the normal film presentation...

3. rbnorton

rbnorton Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2005
    Avoid Pacific Place at all costs. The walls are very thin and I've been able to hear the soundtrack of neighboring movies during quiet scenes.

Cinerama is hands down the best theater in Seattle and probably one of the best in the world. Unfortunately, they have ditched the digital projector that they used for EPII. This was an older Boeing projector and the colors were fantastic despite a fairly noticeable screen door effect and occasional jagged edge pixelization. Otherwise, the sound is exceptional and the screen is huge. Get your tickets early.

I think Monroe has a digital projector but having grown up there I can't recommend ever making it a destination.

4. Darth_Mangle

Darth_Mangle Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 9, 2004
    Galaxy 13 is showing it in Digital format. I'm not sure if thats in Seattle or not. I think it is, but don't quote me on that.

As for Cinerama ditching the digital projector...whatever. Paul Allen is rich enough to put a new one in. Darn Cheap skate ;)

5. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    CINERAMA FOR SURE.

One of the best theaters in the country as well as one of the most technologically advanced. There's (from what I'm told and I believe it from my experiences there seeing all of the LOTR movies, X-Men, TPM, AOTC, Matrix Reloaded and Sin City) 60+ speakers all around and a massive bass that is truly awesome. The screen (if I remember) is something like 76+ feet across. Great crisp clarity and great movie-going experience. Everytime I go to that theater EVERYONE shuts up. No one talks through movies there. It's a wonderful theater and I rate it easy 10 out of 10 in my book.

6. Admiral12

Admiral12 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2000
    Thanks for all the replies. My wife's friend who lives in Seattle also recommended the Cinerama, so over the weekend I bought a ticket for the afternoon show on Saturday, May 21. Maybe I'll wear something that screams "I'm from New York" in case any of you are there and want to make fun of a tourist.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.