main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Best Theater in Tampa Bay area?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_TaganCalera, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_TaganCalera

Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Hi folks,

My wife and I are planning our second trip out to see Ep. III tonight but we want to see it up in Tampa with some friends who live up there.

The only downer of our first experiance was the crappy sound. Where is the best theater in the Tampa Bay area to see the movie? We want good stadium seating, good screens and fantastic sound.

2. Ginny

Ginny Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    Hi,

I have seen the movie nine times in five different theaters. The Westshore Plaza, AMC Veterans and Baywalk in St. Petersburg were all good. I would guess that Brandon and Ybor City might be good too.

Ginny

3. TI-655

TI-655 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    I vote for the Veterns. I saw it for the 1st time there and it was great! The sound in the threaters there were awesome.

4. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    Channelside is great as they are showing it on the IMAX screen so its pumped thru the imax sound system

5. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    The IMAX at MOSI is the best by far. I think it's 8 stories of bad#@@ screens for your viewing pleasure. If ROTS ends up in IMAX format, ya'll will definatley want to see it at MOSI.

6. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    I liked the Veterans personally.
    When EIII comes out on IMAX, we should definately make an outing of it, tables, costumes, ect.
    Later

7. davallyn

davallyn Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Veteran's is absolutely my favorite theater in Tampa!

8. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Vets is good for quantity (24) and it's central location, but if it's quality your looking for, MOSI's tough to beat (I think it cost like 16 million $$$'s to build) and the sound system is second to none, trust me. The screens almost completly surrounds u. Imagine watchin ROTS on a bunch of screens like that!!!!

9. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Vets AMC 24 is the theater that we frequent the most, but MOSI is cool and the Brandon Regal is pretty nice too. We saw E3 again last night and the Vets was great as usual. E3 is stil packing the house. Can barely wait for the DVD release so we can veiw it at home in home theatre. We plan to have that in place when it comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.