main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Best Theater in the City Beautiful...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheGhoest, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGhoest

TheGhoest Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Since I don't go to enough movies to have checked every theater out, which one is the best?

I'm talking about megaplexes, 20 screens or more.

From where I have been, Universal CityWalk is my favorite.

The Ghoest- Who just ignored every rule of grammar that relates to paragraphs.

2. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I also love Universal Citywalk's theatre. Though I haven't been to many.

3. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Downtown disney has a great one. One particular theater has a huge screen that I saw TPM on. It even has a balcony setup that is awesome!

--Joey

4. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    I'm not going to lie to you, I'm a big fan of Citywalk. However, I do enjoy Downtown Disney's theater.

Odd postscript, Downtown Disney's theater was one of the few to have the print of Darth Maul not falling down the pit as two peices.

5. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    Egad! No fallinf two halves Maul!

Blasphemer!!!!

How can you kill a Sith if he doesn't fall down a long shaft?

I'm voting for City walk then. Disney woudl be easier for me to get to, but I want the good print.

By the way, will we need a poll to decide the location? Sometime around April?

6. TheGhoest

TheGhoest Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Then I guess I'll try Citywalk for LOTR, and if I'm satisfied with it, it has my vote for the Episode II premiere.

P.S. Would they let our lightsabres in?

The Ghoest-

7. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Look all you have to do is keep your light saber in your pants. You whip it out and starting being obnoxious with it (especially hitting other people that are standing in line or etc) and they will ask you to leave.

--Joey

8. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    I put in my vote for Downtown Disney/P.I.
    Saw the Ep. 1 opening there and it was a good time, plus they do have a digital projector. Also the print I saw there had Maul in 2 pieces.

9. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Yeah, once the split-Maul got past the MPAA for a PG, they switched it out.

10. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    sometimes on international drive, the imax theater near fao swartz has stuff like starwars on he imax screen with surround sound...its really awesome...oh yeahi think the place is called movieco or something

11. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Yeah, the Movieco at Point Orlando. I saw The Phantom Menace in their IMAX screening room. It wasn't in IMAX format, but the HUGE speakers and large screen was surely the most impressive viewing of Star Wars I'd ever seen.

12. Halo

Halo Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2001
    Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney is bar-none the best IMO. Although, the Oviedo Marketplace isn't bad. I've heard Celebration is nice due to the IMAX. As far as Ep II goes, I don't care where I see it as long as it's Opening Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.