main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Video Game of All Time is Zelda: Beg to Differ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Chewy06, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    i've never played ALTTP

I may have to "acquire" it and give it a go.

SNES wasn't it?

2. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Or Wii Virtual Console eventually for those who like to be legal...

3. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    oh I'll be legal

//does not condone piracy

don't have a wii and won't till april.

I mean aquire by nick/poach borrow system + game from a chump mate (again)

4. Manda_Jade

Manda_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2006
    There is also a Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition for the Gamecube if that is easier to 'acquire'.

:p

I'd lend it to ya if I could! (And if I wasn't super protective of my games... [face_worried] )

Good Luck finding it! It's worth the search.

:D

5. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Collectors Edition has Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majoras Mask. No Link to the Past. Also, I think the best version of ALttP is the GBA version.

6. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    gba carts work on the ds don't they?

if so I'm off to ebay

7. Closson_Chris

Closson_Chris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    Well I think that Pong sparked the whole gaming in general.. Until that whole video game meltdown thing.. crazy stuff.. I think that it has been longer than a heartbeat.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    GBA does play on DS, so the ALTTP port will play on it, though it's obviously a better experience on a full TV if you can acquire the SNES version, if only because ALTTP has the best music from the series which really adds to the incredible atmosphere of the title and the overall play expierience, so it's cool to crank it ;)

(though I suppose if you have the Gameboy Player for GCN, you can accomplish it that way as well)

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Found it on ebay with 4 swords as well so I'll order it later

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah the GBA version contains the Four Swords game as well- never really got a chance to play that one, though (did play a bit of the GCN Four Swords Adventure though).

11. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Best Video Game of All Time is Zelda: Beg to Differ?

Yes.

A. Sales =/= quality. Crappy games can sell like hotcakes and great games can be ignored.

B. Any game is suitable for any age if they are mature enough to play it. Case in point Lil' Poison.

C. Action is relative. Some people like shooting. Some people like slashing. Some people like turn-based. Some people like real time.

D. Other similar games handle similar controls just as well as Zelda. I'd like to see Link equal some of Kratos' combos.

E. Story is also relative. Some people like fantasy. Some like Sci-Fi. Some like realistic.

BTW my favorite game of all time is Half-Life.

12. Chewy06

Chewy06 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2006
    Pac Man is an excellent game..However, don't you feel a bit restricted on PacMan? One player consists of many different levels - true, but the same thing is done in every single level. There is rarely surprise, such as in Zelda. In order to beat Zelda, one must have true wit to advance past every level. So while PacMan may be a great game, I believe that it can get very old through time

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > RE: Best Video Game of All Time is Zelda: Beg to Differ?

That's ridiculous, Zelda: Beg to Differ the little known nintendo game-watch title was mediocre at best.

14. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I thought Beg To Differ was a series?

I have been watching some videos on YouTube of Majora's Mask, and I realized how much I liked that game. Looks like I will be playing it a whole lot of break when I am home. Thank god I am off for a month.

15. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Just won ALTTP on ebay for the DS.

If it's crap I'll blame you rabble.

16. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Uhm... there is no LttP for the DS :p

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    picky [face_plain]

GBA to play on DS.

satisfied?

18. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Just remember its a 1993 game ;)

19. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    but still wicked awesome.

20. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    No doubt about that I actually played (and finished) the game again this year.

21. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I also bought it on GBA for my DS a few weeks ago. I wasn't getting a Wii until Christmas, and I needed a Zelda fix. That game really is great.

22. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    FF VII> Dark Savior> Metal Gear Solid>>>>>> every other video game created in the history of the world and stuff

23. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Sega Saturn Dark Savior? That's kinda random...

24. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    "Why I think Zelda Twilight Princess is the best game ever"

by Sonny

Age 8

Spoilers Contained within.

When starting out, the Legend of Zelda the Twilight Princess is not a spectacular game. The graphics are noticably last gen, and the opening is by no means extrodinary. For the first few hours in the game, you are given no hint of what is going on in the larger world, and no evidence that you should even care. Instead it starts slow, and I think that it is better that way. You get to know the inhabitants of Ordan Village and at that point you find something happening. More then any Zelda game before it and more then even next gen games provide, the town comes alive. Little Colin and his problem with being brave, Malon with his creepy sensibilities, your goofy home town mayor, the goat hearder, all of these people seem to have their own going ons that you have no part of. You are know one special, just a hometown boy goat hearding and being with your girl Illia.
    And of course that peace is shattered. Evil has come to Ordon and it comes swiftly. Your friends are kidnapped and of course you bravlely (or stupidly) rush out to save them. This plan is foiled by your first encounter with the "Twilight Realm". You are defeated by the realm and transformed into a wolf. And here you beat perhaps the greatest character introduced into Zelda since the Human form of Ganon, Midna.
    I'm not quite sure how to describe how I feel about Midna. She is adoriable and infuriating all at the same time. Where in Ocarina a meme grew from Navi's "HEY"'s here instead there are these cute baby noises. These are made all the more interesting when the text that accompanies them is used mainly to demean and mock you. When you free yourself from the prison and she just plops on you, making you essentially her bitch, it gives her more character then almost any side character before.
    Then you are brought before the games namesake, Zelda. Alone in a tower, surrounded in Twilight after failing her people. Zelda is not given much to go on in this game. She is in fact, barely in it. The conversation in this tower serves more to give you an idea of just how grim things are in Hyrule and showcase the brand new evil in the form of Zant.
    Zant. Face disguised in a mask, only at times displaying the lower part of his face. Twilight King. Slaughtered the Palace guard and threatened to destroy the rest of the realm unless yielded to. He is a subtle, unknown enemy, one who we don't know or why he does what he does. The biggest evidence given to us is Minda's complete distaste for him.
    So the game progresses. You find the spirits of the water and are given human form. You beat a dungeon. Typical Zelda. Then when you rush to save the children of your village something new happens. As Moblins ride down on the children, Colin, rushes out and pushes them out of the moblins path, allowing himself to be captured. Then you ride to war to rescue him. The first step onto the big field of Hyrule is remarkable. Remember in Ocarine your first experiences on the field? How huge it looked? This field dwaves it. To run it without the aid of wolf legs or Epona's speed seems like maddness. Lighting flashes in the sky and rain begins to fall, soon being mixed with fire and arrows as the battle is joined.
    You succeed, of course. You are the Hero of this story and you will not be defeated. But the littler thing is more touching. Colin telling you that he never wanted to be a hero, and how he his dad was always telling him to be more like...well, like Link. And how he was afraid that he would never be that brave. But he found that he could be brave, because he knew you would never give up on them. That you would save them.
    More dungeons and missions are done. It begins to feel very familier has you have done this all before in Ocarina. Frozen Zora's, angry Gorons, these ring as a retread. But the dungeons are enjoyable and the expierence is rewarding.
    Of note and interest is the cut scene right after you deliver the last tears of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.