main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Best Video Game Trailers (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by AstroFan428, Feb 17, 2014.

1. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought of this when the song from this trailer popped up on Top Gear, it immediately made me think of this trailer. I probably watched this 50 times in the week leading to the game release. Still gives me goosebumps, and seeing the video or hearing the music makes me want to go back and play it.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009

"Shrouded in secrecy, trained from birth to master the art of death, the brothers hunted their prey without rest... delivered the killing blow without mercy... and escaped to fight another day.

For they were the Assassins, and that was their creed."

There are probably other ones, but I remember this one making an impression on me.

P.S: Of course, cinematic trailers are a completely different animal, so I'm not counting those.

AstroFan428 likes this.
  3. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Ubisoft has always done a great job with AC trailers. It is funny to see there was just the smallest hint of animus after the intro, since that wasn't known at the time. Also amazing to those graphics, which was amazing at the time, were running on the same consoles as AC4.

Alexrd likes this.
  4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yeah, although ever since the second game it was all about eye candy and show off (a bit like the games themselves), while this one had more, I don't know, substance? Anyway, that narrator voice helps.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's a good trailer, but I prefer the one for the whole Trilogy. I felt like I did when I watched the trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy in 97.

"Don't you understand, you've lost. Everyone you know and love, everyone you've ever met, you will all die!"

Plus the Take Earth Back trailer for ME3 was pretty cool too

The cinematics for The OId Republic were like watching an actual Star Wars movie. Lets hope the new movies can replicate that sort of quality

Mia Mesharad and 07jonesj like this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The combination of visuals, dialogue and music make this one of my favourite in-game trailers of recent years:

Alexrd and AstroFan428 like this.
  7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Blizzard does some great trailers too.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the TOR cinematic trailers were freaking out standing.

There's a few good oldies that I still pull up from time to time (sometimes in their original QT versions :)).

Halo 2's teaser is what I'd want a Halo or Halo 2 live action trailer to be structured around:

There was an OOT trailer that IGN had that had some peculiar music but, outside of the old QT file I have of it, I haven't seen it elsewhere.

But, in it's place would be the official OOT trailer that began the on-and-off usage of Conan music for Zelda ads:

And I've always had a soft spot for this ALTTP TV spot- partially because I like the atmosphere of the live action, first person take on things, and partly because it's one of the rarer commercial spots to be found:

And this was my favorite of the FF7 TV spots- the one that made me consider getting a PSX (though I ultimately did not).

07jonesj and AstroFan428 like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    (can't edit in due to media embed limits)

And, yeah, Blizzard is also one of the kings of trailers. Their recent SC2 stuff was amazing, but even going back to WC3 and WOW- you can't go wrong with Peter Cullen, right?

07jonesj and AstroFan428 like this.
  10. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't play Blizzard games, but I do enjoy their trailers. They are sooooo well done. And I was going to post the Halo 2 trailer, nice job. :)

My introduction to the world of Fallout.

Rockstar really makes great trailers for their games too.

11. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    When this came out waaaay back in '11, it got me hyped as hell. It's soundtrack really nailed the spot.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Metroid series has also had a nice run of live-action (or semi-live action) trailers/commercials- some more effective than others, but they each have some neat moments- and, if anything, seeing these things acted out is noteworthy (even if they seem to have trouble finding someone who can fill out the tall proportions of Samus's suit half the time).

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  14. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    There aren't enough live action trailers anymore, it's all CG now. I wish we would get more of them.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003

"Find my challenges.
    And when you fail to solve them, and lie blubbering like an ignorant child on the floor, you will know..........that The Riddler, is better than you"

Darth_Invidious and 07jonesj like this.
  16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    **** you, Edward Nygma, those gliding button challenges sucked. Seriously though, the actual Riddler death trap rooms were awesome in City, and what you get to do to him made me smile.

Now, for a series I'm personally a massive fan of:

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, how did I forget that one?

Also, I miss the days when they'd still advertise games that were more than 3 weeks old.

19. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    That reminds me of this one, I remember talking about it at elementary school lunch. lol

I still can't stand to watch the drill part, but the trailer is great.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  20. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I've always liked this Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay trailer. I'm pretty sure I watched it on repeat for days when I first saw it. Something about the awesome Leonardo da-Vinci painting transition sequences and the funky European techno just . . . touched me.

07jonesj likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Those MK commercials were notable since the "Mortal Kombat!" shouting in them is why such a thing was integrated into the theme song for the movie.

I also remember the release dates for the first two games were hyped as "Mortal Monday".

Then the thurs fame changed it to Mortal Friday and everyone was like "But that doesn't start with an 'M'..."

22. Gaarland

Gaarland Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2014
    I really like the new wolfenstein trailer.

23. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    My favorite of the 4 trailers for GTA IV.

24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The best video game trailer is P.T. (Playable Teaser) for Playstation 4. If you haven't heard about this, don't google it, just go download it and play it right now. I can't stop talking about it with my friends.