main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Videogames Ever Created

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Gonk, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I definitely think age and nostalgia color our choices when we make lists like this.

2. DarthKrayt

DarthKrayt Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2007
    definately agree with that. Otherwise nobody would suggest pacman or space invaders

3. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    [face_laugh]

It's hard to top some of those originals.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's hard to top Zork. All 75 kb of it.

5. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    You know, I'd have to disagree with you. I'm only 14, so Pac Man was still behind my time, I didn't realy play it a lot as a child, and there is nothing to make it a nostalgic experience for me. I simply just find it to be the funnest, most enjoyable, best game ever.

6. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I don't find that surprising at all. A friend of mine and his 6 year old kid were over here a while back and his kid was playing Galaga on my 360. He was just as taken with it as his dad and I were.

7. Emperor_dontcareboy

Emperor_dontcareboy Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2009
    Best games ever created? To me it would be:

1. Super Mario Sunshine
    2. Ratchett and Clank 2 and 3
    3. Jak 2 and 3
    4. Halo 1, and 2
    5. Timesplitters 2 and 3

I loved all those games.

I'll need some time to decide whether the current PS3 and Xbox games make the list.

8. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    hmmmm... I like The Sims 3, Battlefront, Final Fantasy series, Tales of series, JEDI KNIGHT 2 OMG Kyle Katarn is awesome !
    I love the Persona series (which hardly anyone heard of :() it's great !

And I wonder if anyone heard of this: Catz and Dogz ? It was like virtual pets for sad kids like me who wanted a real pet :p
    There was a virtual Babyz version too where you raise babies... I had it when I was like 10 lol
    Don't know if they're the best games lol, but I used to spend all day on it XD

9. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I've heard of Persona yet never played it. They are supposed to be very good RPGs, which is great for me because I've developed a taste for them over the last year and a half. Now might be a good time to hunt for one given that my PS2 is rotting away unused.[face_laugh]

I just wanted to add that if I'm allowed to let nostalgia get in the way of my decisions then I have to add Metal Gear Solid 1 to the 'greatest game ever' hall of fame. It was the first game to blow me away rather than just keep me entertained, it was an engrossing experience that sucked me in and made me care through a mix of excellent direction, original and thoughtful gameplay and (at the time) amazing set pieces.

Anyone who was there knows the tension during the sniper showdown amongst the snow drift against Sniper Wolf, the gut wrenching sacrifice Gray Fox makes while fighting Metal Gear Rex and the pulse pounding rappel down the side of the facility. It was the first game to have the 'Star Wars' effect on me and while I love the sequels too it's the original MGS that hogs that special place in my heart.[face_love]

10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    how can you mention sims 3?? yeah its bette rthen the sims 2 base game, but you lose everything you gained with all the sims 2 expansions. it gets boring after a 8 hours of play

11. Cash_Fendar

Cash_Fendar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2009
    My all time #1 has to be GTA IV, the gameplay is smooth, the story pretty cool, and the online suff is fun. That being said, PS3 needs to hurry up and put pout some new DLC for this game.

Beides GTA, my top five would go something like this:
    #2 Ms. Pac Man
    #3 Mario Bros. (before they were Super)
    #4 SW Battlefront 2
    #5 SW Rogue Squadron (the one released for Game Cube)

12. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Dragon Age has made it onto my List. Unsure where yet.

13. amery

amery Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2009
    I liked playing

1. MARIO
    2.CONTRA
    3.ROAD FIGHTER-2
    3.SPARTANX
    4.F1 RACE
    5.TENNIS
    6.PRINCE OF PERSIA
    7.KARETEKA

It has been long time that i used to play more than i have mentioned, but i don't remember there names.

nice topic

Amery

Free Sound Effects

14. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Mass Effect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.