main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN best visual effects

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Club_333, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    that's it??? no makeup nomination??? no sound nomination???

the academy has gone too far this time. the senate will not sit still for this.

2. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Just an FYI= the make-up noms were announced a couple weeks back and there was quite an uproaor over the fact that there were only two pictures nominated. A couple great make-up films besides SW and LOTR got snubbed including "The Hours" for it's stunning transformation of Nicole Kidman into authoress Virginia Wolff.

As to the nominations this morning, was I the least bit surprised?, nope, not at all. Typical academy awards year.

3. Obfusc8er

Obfusc8er Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2002
    The academy can go suck an egg---> O

4. BILYOUMAUL

BILYOUMAUL Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2001
    If you think that it is bad for the academy to snub Star Wars from the awards. Episode II was nominated for seven "Razzies" including worst motion picture of the year and director. I agree that Episode II was not the best but being nominated along side "Crossroads","Swept Away", and "Pluto Nash". I feel this guy needs to get a life. If you want to check out the other so called nominations, go to razzies.com. I just don't believe these people. I liked Episode II but it was by far not the worst of the year.

5. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    At least Harry Potter got some nominations.

6. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    Is anyone else really sick and tired of award shows? There seems to be one on every week.

7. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    Who cares if some momma's boy dork gives Star Wars a "Razzie". IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! This is the same caliber of person who thought that Star Wars sucked back in 1977, and spent his nights wishing to be a John Travolta as he snorted his low-grade cocaine and rolled around alone on polyester sheets or cruised the streets in his '73 Plymouth Duster, jammin' to 8-tracks of the Bay City Rollers.

It's like Mr. Blackwell's worst dressed list. Some dork makes a name for himself dissin' what other people (with real jobs) do. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

George Lucas doesn't care what these no-talent dorks say about his movies. Neither should we!

8. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    Yoda you are right there are too many awards show. And we should not care what they say.

Awards shows in general, and especially the oscars have become about "who is due" or "who did we screw over in the past".

Anyway, it should be apparent to anyone with at least one working eye the SW:AOTC is a ground breaking special effects film. But, there is such a backlash against Lucas and all he is connected with that I doubt it even wins the one award it is nominated for. And the oscars will lose a little more respect.

9. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    What's wrong with 8 tracks or the Bay City Rollers?

10. RavingMad

RavingMad Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2002
    5-minute penalty for use of the word
    "dork(s)" three times in the same post. :D

As for the Oscars...Ep II isn't the only good movie that was shoved aside for frilly foo-foo flicks. (The Power of Alliteration...) Take Road to Perdition, for example. Sure, it wasn't released at the best possible time, but it is exponentially better than Chicago.

11. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    About Schmidt in the Best Pict. category is a huge oversight.

I would bet Road to Perd. wins best cinematography. It is beautifully shot and he just died, unfortunately.

12. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    I didn't care for "Road to Perdition" too much, though I enjoyed the performances of Jude Law and Paul Newman particularly. I've seen but two of the Best Picture nominees so far ("TTT" and "Chicago"), but my weird sense of obligation will make me see the other three. I already know that I'd been happy with either of the aforementioned films winning, though.
    Perhaps I'll see "About Schmidt" too just because you can always count on Jack Nicholson to give a good performance.

13. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Hey Gepper- I will go see those other three movies with you as I am simarily obsessed with having to view all of the Best Picture Noms. Hey- does anyone want to have an Oscars Party? Kim? :)

14. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Seeing as the Super Bowl gathering was such a success, I might be up for an Oscars party. I couldn't stay until midnight, though, on the night before a work day. I've outgrown that, I think. That, and it makes me too tired. I'm so very old, after all. ;)
    Anyway, yes, sounds good. I'm sure Kim's up for it. I bet she'd even host it. Hey, wait, I'm getting new furniture tomorrow! I could host it! Woohoo!

Now I'm getting carried away. Anyway, good idea. We'll work on it as it comes closer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.