Salisb, NC BEST WEEK EVER ... Who is having it?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    This board is to post something positive about your experiences this week! HOLD on now - this is not easy for some - it's always easy to complain and get down or look down on others but what about the positives that happen everyday that go overlooked?

THE CHALLENGE:

Post something that happened to you this week that was a positive experience

THE CATCH:

You have to re-tell the story/experience you had as if it happened in the Star Wars Universe...

Example [Does NOT HAVE TO BE THIS LONG - REALLY this is very long! - can be a few words or a small paragraph.....]

My day w/ Ethan on the quest for PLASTIC HAPPINESS... (A slightly dated story but good example)

Ethan and I set out today alone in a transport worthy of the man Han Solo himself - a dirty windshield cracked space box in search of the coveted Star Wars 30th Annvsy' figures because we found out late that they had been released by a spy network with only the name "Clark" to go by. I should back up - Ethan and I were not the names we truly go by when alone and traveling the galaxy - we are known here and far as Obi Wan and QuiGon!

We traveled w/ great excitement to two walmarts, one Toys R Us and a Kmart all in Concord. "Kmart" - what were we thinking - they never trade in current goods...

Well w/ very little luck after the first stop we continued on in hopes of finding the treasure... We SKIPPED from car to store w/o any fear of onlooker delay or embarrasment - who cares I'm w/ my padawan (I mean son) - life is too short to care what scum and villany think (I won't ever see them again anyway - I think... was that my boss - I hope not...). AGAIN - no luck or least not the luck we were hoping for. We scored a likeness to my padawan OBIWAN and scored an R2 unit - could have gotten a MACE and then finally a Darth VAder w/ booklet but at last - no more. Our hopes were crushed and made even worst when approaching the 3rd docking bay at Target and discovering a bounty hunter collector who DOESN'T EVEN OPEN THE PLASTIC TOYS PACKAGES to play with them was blocking the view and way to our plastic dreams! We waited patiently but could not stand it any longer even after my young impatient padawan said he WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE TOYS but the man was blocking them - The HUNTER was determined to get to the COVETED ones first and scoop them all up - he had 5 VAders in his cart already - the scum, the villian - to deny a young lad of his plastic dream is just wrong [Master Yoda always says "Block not the toy a youngling desires" for the force will BITE YOU IN THE *** SOMEDAY!]

So, being the man of the living force and knowing that my force was more in tune - I casually reached up to the PEGS next to his reaching arm BUT NEVER TOUCHED HIM or even came close but DID BEGIN to look through the toys for the prizes we wanted. AT THAT MOMENT all we heard was "EXCUSE ME" you can wait til I'm done! Well I wished him a blessed day and looked anyway and also wished him luck in selling his loot on ebay - we however will be playing with ours together as father and son and I wished him a better life w/ someone who would take the time to PLAY w/ him and his plastic dreams! He stormed off - mostly because others had overheard AND commented that kids should come first when buying toys especially when they were only looking for one of a couple of the choices to be had.

We went on our way and crossed paths w/ his land speeder as he cut in front of us in line and laughed at us because we had to wait behind a customer w/ a full cart while he only had to wait for one w/ a few items. As we looked down we noticed he had 2 Concept troopers and a lava miner (Our plastic dreams were crushed).

To his dismay - the shop keeper in the next line asked us to cut to her line as she witnessed the incident and HIS teller SLOWED his line to a crawl - there is justice in the universe - we got out w/ smiles and quickly left for our next destination.

We didn't have any further luck at our last stop but did stop by the comic store in Concord and scored a
  2. IamaSith Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well this really counts foor last week...

I am traveling along through space with my sidekick KathyK and BLAM - we hit a snag in our hyperdrive! With few friends and family around we get worried BUT NO - The Imperial Remnant to the rescue! Rip steps in and makes things happen! Ewoks everywhere can rest easy - your skins are safe (FOR NOW - I am a Sith you know).

But really, Rip has really been a great help to us - THANK YOU!

LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT WEEKEND to finish the best week ever (This is the best LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER 2007 ever!)
  3. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    OH we as a group - the Salisbury Fan Force (Official name to come later) are having the BEST WEEK EVER! Tonight was awesome setting out as two bands of smugglers packed into small transports traveling to each destination.

The huts ordered us off with lists in hands on something earthlings call a SCAVENGER HUNT! What fun that was. Watching grown adult jumping out of car at random places to take pictures of the team next to the strangest choices was great fun!

Getting back to the rebel base was another story - we were held up by lack of fuel - our hyper drive acted up without it, John's pant's ripped when bending down to retirve the recording device and Trying not to get arrested while taking photos in public places was not easy! Thank you Kathy for the ideas!

Can't wait until Sunday's outing at the Carolina Renaissance festival! WE NEED A GROUP NAME GUYS/GIRLS! think about it....

MAN THAT WAS FUN!
  4. matthewuzimake123 Jedi Youngling

my best week ever started at the last meating game nigh thing i beat fable yayy so far its been going up hill from there
  5. Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not me that's for sure. LOL hope everyone else is peachy. :)
  6. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Our lives are determined by our choices - remember that when you make your next choice
  7. Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I shall. Also, my Dad has always told me exactly what Qui-Gon said. Your focus determines your reality. I think it's true in a certain sense because if you stress over something you bring all that negative energy to life and the only feeling you have is a negative one. But if you don't stress or worry and think of something cheerfull then the only feeling you can have is positive unless you shift back to something negative. This week is going to be better it's just the end of the semester for me so everything is coming to an end pretty quick at school.
  8. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    My week is getting busier! I went to job meetings in Asheville, was told I was needed in Atlanta next week (Maybe Tuesday) - JUST PLAYING FIREMAN and putting out other peoples fires trying to get BUILDING's either built or finished designs out the door! I love my job - I REALLY DO [just wish others loved their jobs enough to do their own work so I would'nt have too].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.