main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Best & Worst I: Lost Tribe of the Sith

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Xalfrea, Jan 7, 2013.

?

The best of Lost Tribe of the Sith?

1. Precipice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Skyborn

12.5%
  3. Paragon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Savior

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Purgatory

12.5%
  6. Sentinel

12.5%
  7. Pantheon

12.5%
  8. Secrets

37.5%
  9. Pandemonium

12.5%
  1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    So this is something I'm gonna be doing every week. Star Wars EU is majority dominated by book series. Whether they be a trilogy of books, or a whopping 19 books, etc. I'm gonna be going through them chronologically in the Star Wars timeline. You select which book or books among the series you feel is the best and worst representation of their series, and explain why so as not to make this just a one-word post thread.

Because each thread is limited to having only one poll, the poll portion of the threads would just be for a "Best" option.

So first up is Lost Tribe of the Sith, consisting of:

Precipice
    Skyborn
    Paragon
    Savior
    Purgatory
    Sentinel
    Pantheon
    Secrets
    Pandemonium

Personally, I can't really comment since I never read any of them.[face_plain]

2. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    I have read them all and I don't think I can pick one that is the best or worst.

They are all good, and all written by the same author and he did a fine job of having them all flow together, so it isn't like any one of the stories stands out as out of place or "wrong" compared to the others. They just all feel like one cohesive work of fiction.

If you were to ask this about other series like LOTF or FOTJ on the other hand. . .

BoromirsFan likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    All of them were good. The Yaru Korsin-centric ones, the Ori and Jelph ones, and the Hilts ones were the best!

Sinrebirth and Zorrixor like this.
  4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    This.

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Tie between Pantheon, Secrets and Pandemonium. Varner Hilts is so great I named my TOR Legacy after him.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You picked perhaps the worst series to kick off this idea as the quality for this set of stories is damn high and consistent!

7. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    The series works best as a whole and yes, it's consistently good -- but for me, the narrative high point was the Hilts Restoration. I remember being totally wowed by the series' time jumps, and this was the one that really hit me unprepared... though I'll admit that the change of perspective (to Alanciar) at the start of Pandemonium was pretty awesome too. So bold... I wish other EU series were anywhere near that daring.

8. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Well, yeah, none is really "bad" as that's a subjective term and from what I can see, LotS is regarded as high all around.

What would be the "worst" of the best then?

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Good to know that the stories are worth the read, as I had received the book for Life Day. Looks like I have some reading to do...

Would have been awkward to know that someone unknowingly bought me a book that stunk. :p

10. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Just as a word of caution, if we all go crazy with polls, I would imagine the admins will yank the privileges again. Perhaps monthly rather than weekly?

11. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    We should have a poll on it.

Dawud786 and Zorrixor like this.