main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bet Your Knowledge! game on hiatus

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Lady_Belligerent , Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    What can I say? I like salami sandwiches.

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    If you people are making sandwiches, I want one too. I'll have creamy Italian on mine please.[face_batting]

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I need to hear from three more players by 10:00am tomorrow. :)

4. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Sorry. I wasn't home much the last couple of days. I should have my answer sent sometime tonight.

5. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Once again only three of you even bothered to send in a response.[face_shame_on_you] At least guess if you don't know for certain!

Onoto, Ceilliean, and Mister_Master all answered correctly with Daniel Radcliffe=D= [:D]

In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated Dan's earnings for the year at $15 million....wonder if I could adopt him?[face_thinking]
    Anyway, Dan scared the make-up department crew when he once came on set with bloodied sticking plasters on his face claiming that he had been fighting the previous day.
    He's known for being a bit of a prankster and I really like this one! He once took co-star Robbie Coltrane's cellular phone and changed it so all the messages were in Turkish.

The standings are:

1. Gunny 43
    2. Onoto 276
    3. Ceillean 275
    4. M_M 255
    5. SWBob 38.9301

I have a feeling we are going to see a winner soon. Show me your bets!

6. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    45 points please.

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    50 points

But Onoto will still beat me by one stupid point!

8. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    50 points please, schnookums.:*

9. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    25 points.

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Hey guys - sorry I went missing. Something (not fun) came up and I was in the hospital for about 36 hours. I'm on the mend now but will not be able to post the question tonight. I'm so tired that I'd probably make a mess of it.[face_tired]

Okay, so be watching for it tomorrow and again, I'm really sorry.
    [:D]

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    That's OK. We understand. :)

13. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
  14. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    That is totally Ok, Jag. Your health comes before the boards.

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Hey - you guya have been wonderful to be so patient. This is something that just does not happen to me - ever. I guess that's why it's been so hard for me to cope, I'm used to taking care of others, not needing to be cared for.

I've had to be back in the hospital again and my mom refused to bring my computer up. She said I couldn't stay awake long enough to use my phone and that I needed rest.[face_plain] I don't know what I would have done without her, she's cared for me and my daughter for days now without a break.

So, let me see if my strength will hold out and I will post that question. Again, I feel awful and I am so angry this happened. The only thing I am thankful for is that it was not something my child could catch, her body could not have fought this. Don't let anyone ever tell you that salmonella is no big deal. It's miserable.[face_tired]

16. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    That's what you get for eating bad fish! Do you know where salmon has been?![face_shame_on_you]

But seriously, I am sad for you.:( Get better, snoogly-woogly!:*

17. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    This is totally unacceptable. [face_plain]

:p Get well.

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Hey, guys, Connie asked me to tell you that she's had some stuff going on in real life. She's okay and she'll be back in a few days :)

19. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Yes, I've heard from her, too.[face_dancing]

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Yeah, she sent me a PM as well. I'm so glad she'll be alright. [face_dancing]

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm bacckkkkkk!![:D]

Here it is folks!! This one could mean a win for Onoto if he can answer correctly!

Name the actor who is well-known for his appearance in advertisements for Colt 45. I'll even give you a little hint - his middle name is December.

PM the answer by 12:00 noon Tuesday board time.

Good luck!![face_good_luck] [:D]

22. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
  23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    No need to drag this one out!! The winner for this round is the one and only ONOTO!!!

=D= :* [:D]

Well played! He was really quick to respond with the answer to the last question and that puts him over the top in points.

That last answer is indeed Billy Dee Williams. He was heavily criticized for making a beer commercial at the time but it didn't bother him a bit.
    Look him up on Wiki if you want to see what he had to say to his critics. :D
    That smooth "Lando" voice of his turns my knees to jello everytime I hear it. [face_blush]

Thanks to everyone for playing and again, I am sorry to have gone MIA in the middle of the action. I'm bouncing back though and we shouldn't have anything screw up the next round!!

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    1. Ceillean

I need to kick Onoto's butt this next round. So sign up! :p

25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    1. Ceillean
    2. The_Loyal_Imperial

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.