main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beta game testers: how dependable are they?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Excellence, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

KOTOR was a really slick game, but it suffered from some really minor but significant game play issues. Issues like companions lagging far behind; blocking your path, easy weapons swapping. The superficial farce The Sith Lords thankfully corrected all that, and more, and yet . . .

What were all the many beta testers doing? Did no one find your movement blocked by companions highly annoying? Who are these people, experienced nerd players or just casual mates of the developers?

So what I'm asking is, and KOTOR is just one sample I cited, how dependable are these testers? You see no matter the game, all these minor or major problems inhibiting them.

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    In a lot of cases it also depends on the rig that the testers are running the game on.

Easy example for me to use.

I had no issues with KoTOR and only minor issues with KoTOR 2

I had no issues with X2 or X3 but many of my friends and people on Egosofts website are crying out over problems.

Don't forget KoTOR was rushed and had glaring holes and errors due to this fact. Other games aren't rushed and still have errors simply because the systems that the testing was done on wasn't diverse enough (although errors on a console game is unforgivable IMO)

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

*teleports*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.