main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR BETA players.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Only-One Cannoli, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    First - if you are a beta player, don't say stuff in this thread that you know you're not supposed to say about the game. TOS and all.

I signed up for the beta I think the day they started announcing it, and I'm curious if anyone else did and if it's already started and whatnot. I know there's different stages and I may be testing later on, but if peeps are in that shizz now, I must know!

Also I thought it might be nice to have a thread for general discussion of the beta. Again, nothing illegal - if you signed up for it you should know what you can get away with saying and what you can't. No "I just had a one night stand with HK-47's mom on a quest!". That kind of thing.

(*watches as this thread sinks into the wasteland of dead TOR threads...*)

2. Black-Pearl

Black-Pearl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2007
    I signed up for this game, but alas, my computer has broken :(

But I have nothing to add to this conversation, just my condolences for your loss of social life when this game comes out.

@};-

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I signed up, and I know about a dozen people who also signed up, and none of us were chosen. It's a conspiracy, I tell you. :p

4. SpaceMonkey10

SpaceMonkey10 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 2, 2006
    Yeah, I signed up too, and nothing. I don't know ANYONE who's in BETA. I knew a guy that was in the SWG BETA. He was a jerk, but that's beside the point. Anyway, I agree with the conspiracy thing. : )

5. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Maybe someone we know will be chosen for the 2nd wave of beta testing.

6. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Maybe Bioware has asked the BETA players that they should not tell anyone that they're in the BETA? :p

7. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Well. Hmmm. It's also possible that maybe they haven't even started the beta yet. I would have expected at least one person here to be chosen.

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Didn't they claim to have started beta-ing on the offical site? I'm very suspicious, though.

9. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Beta has started. Devs on the SWTOR forum have confirmed this in the general discussion. I, sadly, haven't been chosen... but maybe soon some of us will!

10. Alpha_02

Alpha_02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2010
    Same as everyone else it seems, signed up ages ago, but not heard anything and don't know anyone that has gotten in.

11. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Bummer, I was hoping to come into this thread and read posts from Beta testers about how awesome the game was. I was disappointed. :(

Though, I too signed up and was not chosen.

12. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    i am/is/was in the TOR beta test. i beleive they chose gamers who have played more then 5 mmo's. i think, but i played it for hours and hours.

there is the NDA we agreed too, so i can't talk details and such but i can say that i enjoyed every minute i was in beta.

13. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Can you share your opinion on how it compares to other MMO's? Without details of the game itself.

14. Alpha_02

Alpha_02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2010
    Hmm, well, can't quite remember what I put on the form now, but I've played at least 6 MMOs seriously, ah well, maybe the next round :p

15. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    First let me say this, TOR was awesome to test. i would compare the part i tested to mass effect 2's shooting. however the camera view went back further to allow you to see most of your surrounding area's.
    the graphics were great, you can compare them to mass effect 2 but a lot more detail. i see the videos they release and to me the details in the video seem to be taken a while back.
    what i tested looks a lot better. i am thinking this might be the marketing's team old video they put out.

there were bugs and i submitted them but being a tester was just so cool to walk around this area (that i can not say) but i can say i felt very han solo like.

16. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I got a call saying they're doing another round of testing next week and inviting me to participate, but I can't take part because I have classes. Crap-ness.

17. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    A call? Like, a phone call?

18. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Yeah, telephone. :p It was unexpected, because I know the site said they'd send you an email. But sure enough, I got a call from some person named Elizabeth who read a bunch of privacy agreement stuff to me over the phone, only to tell me, at the end of it all, that it was going to take place all day next Tuesday and Wednesday. Which I can't deal with. Which is crappy.

19. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Obviously I can't show proof on the matter because of NDA regulations but I can tell you that there has been multiple game testing waves over the last few months.

Beta itself has not really started (that I know of and I've got a few connections), it's just being called Game Testing for now.

They test different things and it's focus testing on certain areas, classes, etc.

Eventually they will have to open it up to more people (only a few hundred are being selected at a time it seems) and let people explore the entire game, the way it will be played at release. That will be what is actually considered "Beta".

The way Bioware is going about this is a little different than most games have done in the past so there has been a tremendous amount of confusion in the community.

20. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003

Interestinggggg. I suppose I will have to start answering the phone now.

21. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Or check your answering machine. That works, too. :p

22. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm really hoping that us people who are based in the UK will be selected for a bit of Beta'ing if not game testing.... even if just to test out the UK servers, I DON'T CARE!! [face_praying] [face_laugh]

That being said, my laptop is being held together by brown parcel tape at the moment, so.... yeah.

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll take a hit for the team and BETA, Helinith, don't worry. :p

24. xAnthony_Skywalkerx

xAnthony_Skywalkerx Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2010
    I signed up, and dont know if the beta is still going on. Can someone confirm to me if it is or not? Thanks!

25. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    It's still going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.