main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beta-Reader and plotbunny planning help needed... ^_^

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Artemesielle, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artemesielle

Artemesielle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Hello! This is my first post here, so I hope I'm doing this right. Anyway, I saw Episode III for the second time earlier this week and have been hit with a plot bunny so fierce and persistent, that I *have* to write it. Whether or not I post it depends on if I'm satisfied with the results.

But since it might contain spoiler-y info, I'll keep this brief. It takes place 10 years after Episode III, and for the moment in my wee brain, centers on Padme's older sister Sola Naberrie. I have about 4 pages written, the first "scene", but I still think it's missing something.

I need to know if a Beta thinks it's a good enough base to continue with. Not to mention Vader will have a very big, though probably brief part in it later, and trying to properly characterize my childhood idol on my own is a terrifying prospect.

So if anyone is up for the task of giving a few words of advice, or even helping out, I'd be eternally grateful. my AIM is mikachubakachan or you can just PM me. ^_^

Thank you very much.
    Art.

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Beta Reader Index

For beta help, you can go here. They will also help you with any plot line problems you run into :D It's good to have on board.

3. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Yes, welcome! I suggest you follow Meg's advice and check out the Beta Reader Index. Another thread that might be helpful to you is the Fan Fiction Orientation Guide, as well as the Adoption Thread, where you can be adopted by someone and they show you around the boards, as well as acting as a beta-reader at times.

Edit: To add links for threads mentioned.

Adopt-A-Newbie Thread

Fan Fiction Orientation Guide

4. Artemesielle

Jun 1, 2005
    ^_^ Thank you both very much. I've put up my little note on the cork-board of newbie-dom over at the adoption thread, and am just getting myself situated.

*waves* See ya'll around.

5. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Sounds cool! I'll read it if you post it!

6. Artemesielle

Jun 1, 2005
    This is gonna be my last post in this thread, because I don't want it to go on and on and off-topic and such but... VadersMistress...

O.O Your icon makes me go 'wibble' in the knees.

*clunks over in puddle of drool*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.