main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beta Reader Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ArnaKyle, Mar 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I'm actually looking for beta readers for two stories.

One I have already completed and has some beta work done but I would like to have finished so I can put it up for the possibility of being archieved. It's post NJO and is a story mainly featuring Ben Skywalker but has all of our favorites.

The other is a new story I just started. It is before the beginning of the old Republic and is the uprising of the Jedi. I'll check back on this thread to see if anyone is interested.

2. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    @SobiFan : It's about 6 pages long, it's a short story. ;)

3. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I require a beta reader, please. I've already had plenty beta readers, but when I try to submit my story, it still has other issues. I'd like another beta reader, because I want to hear a fresh perspective on my story. I know my other beta's are probably going to kill me if I send them the story one more time. 8-}But they are really great, and I think I will have to pester Siri_Ruane and others again with the story. [face_mischief] 8-}

My fic is a post-TPM one, where Obi-Wan grieves at his Master's funeral. Its angst filled. ;) If anyone is interested, or needs any more information, please PM me. :) Thanks.

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Padawan what about you own readers. I got some help from two of my readers. There are really nice, when you ask for help in your own story. By the way your stories are really cool. I love it.

5. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I'm making my first appearance in this thread. I happen to be in need of a beta reader for a Han and Leia vignette that I wrote today. It's really not all that long. 7 hand-written pages (I have yet to transfer it to the computer). Anyone who is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give you more details or whatnot.

~Sticks

6. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I'll read yours, Jess! :D

I'm in a shredding mood. Can I please beta for someone?

7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Padawan what about you own readers. I got some help from two of my readers. There are really nice, when you ask for help in your own story. By the way your stories are really cool. I love it.

First of all, feel free to call me Jess. :D Second, its a good idea, but I don't have many readers on that particular viggy. Oh, and thanks a ton for the comment on my stories. :) Means a lot to me to hear that.

And Siri, you're going to kill me when you read this. The viggy I'm talking about...... is the same one as before. [face_shocke] ;)

8. Siri_Ruane

Jan 13, 2003
    [face_shocked] Darn.
    There's been a drout of fan fiction (or at least beta-needed fan fiction) lately. :(

9. Hobbit_Yoda

Hobbit_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2003
    This is my first time asking for help I started a story a while ago, and just dug it up now. I'm interested on getting an opion on it. Its a story set in the unknown region about a Chiss Comander who leads his last mission for the Chiss Expansionary Fleet to a planet Ragmorian to squash pirates, but has a run in with the "Far Outsiders".

10. Siri_Ruane

Jan 13, 2003
    I havent read much NJO, but if you need help with the grammar, and writing style I can help you. :D

11. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    I'm posting my novel length fic 'The Legend of Black Saber' here on the boards, but I need a few beta-readers so I can try submiting it to the archives. If anybody's interested in looking over it for me, please respond here or check out the link in my sig that says 'Book I'.

12. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Padawan_Jess_Kenobi, if you still need a beta I'd love to help. Just PM me. :)

~Calayka

13. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    tatooinewizard, what's the subject matter? Is it about OCs? when is it set? Who are the main characters?

14. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Kyp_side_of_TheForce (or anybody): My fic is set 185 years before Episode I, so basically all OCs. There's lots of other orginial things in there too like new cultures and planets. It deals with Cloudia Wandry the daughter of a former Jedi Master and her experiences with a Dark Jedi. That's the basic of it anyway.

15. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Unusual request here, seeing as what I've written will most likely not be going up into the TFN archives (if it does, it'll be in the games section of the website). I hope that's alright.

I'm in search of a beta reader/editor for fan fiction entries that I've written over the past year for my Star Wars game mod for X-Wing Alliance The Invasion Begins.

The setting is at the beginning of the New Jedi Order series. There are 32 entries for 16 missions. The entries comprise what is called the "briefing" and "debriefing" sections in the original game. Most of the entries are less than or approach half a page, but several run for at least a typewritten page.

They start out mirroring the events in the New Jedi Order and then split off onto their own storyline. Please PM me if you can help. You will be credited on the website, in the game credits, and in the final cutscene credit roll. Thanks. :)

Chris

16. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Well, this is possibly my first time in this thread. To any, I have a JA fanfic that I am just beginning, and this one is going to be tad stranger then many of my regulars as well as darker. It focuses on an AU verison of Obi-wan's life, and I would really love it if someone would help me out by betaing it. Thanks.

17. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Well, the good news is-- SCHOOL'S OVER! I now will do a lot of work on keeping this together, so in a few weeks, we will have a brand spankin' new index. In the mean time, thanks for everyone's patience, I'd like to ask your opinions on the new index.

First of all, I think there will be different sortings in the index by post, which I will then just edit. That way, the beta readers are always on the first page, and you can use the rest of the thread to post requests, as sort of a "classified ad" type of thing. Hopefully, I can get it up and running in no time. :)

Sound good? In the mean time, here is a new beta reader.

Username: JediMasterKobe
    Preferred Method of Contact: Yahoo! Instant Messenger (kypdurron_suncrusher)
    Areas of Interest: New Jedi Order
    Strong Points: action/adventure and a bit of humor
    Focus Correction Areas: grammar and punctuation
    References/Credentials: I'm currently beta-ing for padme-96. I also have a post-Star by Star fic up on the Beyond the Saga boards, entitled Dawn of a New Era I: Jedi Resurrection

18. Siri_Ruane

Jan 13, 2003
  19. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    Anyone interested in reading Starchaser? I'd just like to know what people think, that's all.

20. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Hello,

I am a new member who has decided to write a fic of my own thanks to great authors *cough* Shinning_Star! *cough cough* QueenGodess *cough, cough, cough* And I desperately need someone who would not only beta-read my fic but also help me write it because I don't know much about the EU and I don't want to be completely out-of-characterisation and thus have no readers left because my fic, and writing, is so bad...

If any of you would be willing to collaborate with me for this writing, I would be very, very, very, very glad... :D [face_blush] ;) The story should not be too long (however I have no idea how long it will be), and it will be a Vader/Anakin AU, to any of those Anakin-lovers, this one should be a good one.

Private Message me if ANY of you is interested, because my best friend who was supposed to do this job has abandonned me :( I'll be waiting for your answer.

Thank you very much
    MTFBWY

Elanor

21. Yesenia

Yesenia Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    Hello!

I'm currently working through a fic and I (like so many others) am looking for a beta reader. I would just PM some of the people already listed here but my story is a bit odd and what I want from a beta reader wasn't quite listed in the sum ups.

My story is a EU story, but when I do EU stories I play with the facts a little bit, and change times. I often get irritated with the huge expanse of time that takes place between many of the novels, so I shorten that up to make our humble heroes a bit younger. Also, I am in the process of rewriting this story from it's original that was written many years ago.

Anyway my story starts out as a Luke/Mara thing, but changes a little way in to be a primarily Luke story. It's a drama and rather angsty. The big thing that I'm looking for is for someone to help out with plot developement and to read over my writing to make sure it sounds um professional I guess.

Another key thing I am looking for is some help making the story appropriate for this forum, as I realize this is a PG forum. My currently story has an R rating for violence, drug references, sexual content (including a little slash) and language. Just to clarify my story is not particularly graphic with the sex, but there are entire scenes that need to be cut. If you feel that you won't be offended by such things and can help me alter the story so that it still has the same plot line but is more suited for this forum I would love to hear from you.

I realize this is a lot to ask from one beta reader, so if someone here would just like to tackle one aspect of this I would be eternally greatful.

22. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    My currently story has an R rating for violence, drug references, sexual content (including a little slash) and language.

My apologies if you already know this, but the slash will have to go, as it's not currently allowed here. Just figured I'd mention that and save someone else the trouble.

Aside from that, best of luck in finding a beta reader :).

23. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Well, I think I could use a little beta help for a new story that I'm thinking of posting here. It's kind of AU. :)

24. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    HELP! I am new here, but I've been inspired by fics and I have posted once for my story. But I would REALLY like a beta reader because not only does my spelling stink, but my computer is old and on the dark side of the force! I don't want it to get in the way of my writing, because I try to communicate a message to readers often times, and I just, oh, I need a beta reader!!! please help! It's a great fic about the return of Anakin Solo---its posted in the Beyond the Saga Section right now, entitled Leave the Light On" It's an action/drama/romance that is in need of a good home! Any takers?
    Please if you read this PM me...no one else can take my story right now and I need you!!!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Another key thing I am looking for is some help making the story appropriate for this forum, as I realize this is a PG forum. My currently story has an R rating for violence, drug references, sexual content (including a little slash) and language. Just to clarify my story is not particularly graphic with the sex, but there are entire scenes that need to be cut. If you feel that you won't be offended by such things and can help me alter the story so that it still has the same plot line but is more suited for this forum I would love to hear from you.

KW is right; although I see you?re making an effort to tone your story down and keep within the Fanfiction FAQ. If you have any questions as to what is allowed here and what isn?t, please send me a PM. I would be happy to assist you in that regard.

Good luck to you and to everyone else in the search to find a beta.

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.