main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beta Readers Needed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by MasterSanders, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSanders

MasterSanders Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2014
    Hey I'm looking for a few good helpful people out there to beta read a few chapters I've written so far of a Star Wars book I'm wanting to send to Del Rey and see if it will get published. I've researched quite a bit online and think I have a pretty good grasp that it is a long shot, but I think that this story I am writing is pretty awesome and hope others will as well. The story is set a year after the Crucible and involves the future of the Jedi Order, Allana, and the Throne of Balance.
    If you would be interested please either comment or message me... If you could message me your email it would be the easiest way, because I have about 43 pages so far and it's much easier to access on word rather than on a forum.... I know many of you will ask me to post it on Fan Fiction and let people do it that way, but I am more interested in getting a few good critiques and positive feedback rather than a flood of negative comments and so on... I know many of you creative writers will understand how discouraging it can be to get a bad review or constant mean words against your works. Anyways I have emailed a few of the listed beta readers on the index and they either haven't responded or are busy and I understand that. If any of you have the time to read a few chapters and would be interested in helping me I'd really appreciate it... Thanks

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Unfortunately, anything you send to Del Rey will be ignored.

The reality is that you are invited by LFL to be a Star Wars author, not the other way around. Besides which, unsolicited manuscripts (those sent to a publisher by unrepresented [freelance] authors) are almost always binned. If you wish to have your manuscript published by a traditional publishing house, you must have it represented by a literary agent. Your local college or public library ought to have a catalog of literary agents.

3. MasterSanders

MasterSanders Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2014
    I appreciate the advice.... I'm still at least going to mail a manuscript just to see if it works, and then I'll look into a literary agent if nothing happens... Really just the cost of some paper and postage, might as well try... But I still would like some people to give a look and see what they think...

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hi. I'm locking this thread because this really does not belong here because it is asking for help on a specific story. If you have intentions of posting the story here as a fanfic, you can ask for a beta reader here, but we don't support any efforts to get works published, it's not what this forum is for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.