main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Betrayal"- A one post short story about Anakin's turn to the Dark Side (Heavy Anakin Angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediMasterAaron, Feb 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey everyone,

Well, here's my first angst fic out there. There's a bunch of Obi/Qui angst, but very little Anakin angst it seems. Here's my angle and take on one possibility of how Anakin was turned. I hope you all enjoy it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pain.

It overwhelmed the heart of the young man stumbling down the gleaming corridors of the Jedi Temple, engulfing him in wave after wave of sheer desolation. Gasping to a halt when his legs wouldn?t carry him anymore, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker stumbled and fell, collapsing in a boneless heap on the floor. He couldn?t have seen what he just had. It wasn?t possible, it just wasn?t. But his heart was verifying what his brain was denying. It had happened. It really had. Squeezing his eyes shut in a vain attempt to control the fresh onslaught of tears, Anakin gasped in horror as the events of only moments ago played themselves out on the back of his eyelids, just like a holofilm. ?No.? he gasped through the sobbing. ?No please. Not again??

***Anakin, having been assigned a solo mission by the Jedi Council earlier that day, was roaming the halls of the Temple, searching for his former Master. He had a few questions about the planet to which he was being sent, Alderaan, having never been there but knowing that his Master had. Plus, Anakin liked to say goodbye to Obi-Wan before he went off-planet, for during the years of his training he had come to regard Obi-Wan as the father he literally never had, as well as his best and closest friend. ?Well,? the young Jedi thought with a smile, ?nearly closest?. That title belonged with Anakin?s wife of less than a year, Senator Padme Naberrie from Naboo. Since their first meeting on Ani?s home planet of Tatooine, the relationship had grown fast and furious, and when Anakin had reached his Knighthood, they had mutually decided to take their relationship to the next level. Anakin found happiness in his bonding with Padme that he had never expected out of life, a complete joining of souls. The two were not ?two sides of the same coin?, for that was too trite. Blaster and holster probably fit their relationship better, Anakin smiled ruefully.***

Curled into a fetal position on the cold hallway floor, Anakin continued to sob, his chest heaving in the intense fire of his sorrow. Tears continued to leave rivulets of ice down the flushed heat of his face.

***Stepping off the turbolift, Anakin turned down the hallway that would take him to Obi-Wan?s rooms. Frowning slightly at seeing the door slightly ajar, Anakin reached out with the Force, sensing his Master?s muffled presence on the other side, as if he was deliberately shielding. Reaching the door, he put his hand on the side to slide it fully open.***

?No, Force no, make it stop? Anakin whispered to himself. ?How could they? How could they do this to me?!? the Jedi cried in agony. It was very late at night, or very early in the morning, and Anakin was alone in the corridor. In more ways than one?.

***As he started to open the door Anakin heard voices. His frown deepened. Familiar voice and they seemed to be arguing. He easily identified his Masters? deep accented tones, but the other was unexpected. ?Padme?? Anakin thought. Something in him told him not to enter yet, so he waited, stretched out with the Force, and listened.

?Padme he must be told.? Obi-Wan?s firm voice overrode the softly feminine voice of the former queen. ?And for more reason than that of OUR obligation to do so.?

?I can?t!? Padme cried, tears staining her face. ?Don?t you see?! What have we done? How can I confess something such as this to him? I?m his WIFE! And you?re his best friend!?

?I know.? Obi-Wan whispered. ?Don?t you think I know how hard this is going to be? But he has to be told. The Force?.the Force is telling me this. For some reason, this is to be part of Anakin?s destiny.?

?It?s his DESTINY?! His destiny to have his wife sleep with his former Master?! What

2. ForceFire_Jade

ForceFire_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2000
  3. SkySaber

SkySaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2000
    That was a beautiful story, filled with emotions and twists. Amazing work!

4. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    THanks you guys! C'mon everyone! Read and respond!

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    WOW!! That was an amazing story!! Im just dissapointed that its over!! Great Job!! ;)

6. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
  7. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Yay!

it's certainly a different take on Ani's turning...i like it...the emotions come across really strongly, and that's good...

can't wait to see what else you come up with!

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I really hope you write somthing else, soon!! This story was so good!! ;)

9. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Thanks for the responses! Please keep reading!

10. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.