main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Betrayal Of The Heart: A Love Story ( A/P, Pon-Naas, Windu, Palps, Obi) NEW Chapter: 54 - DEC 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tiny, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiny

Tiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    Title: Betrayal Of The Heart: A Love Story
    Author: Tiny
    Timeframe: A week before Episode 2 through Episode 3.
    Characters: Pon Naas, Padme Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu, Palpatine, Ariq Charles, Pissant Pessent, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Danok Trove, Mr. Jo-Jo Rabbit, General Mabnuln, Angel, Ricky, Bud, Crimson Guards Darrell and Frank, more...
    Genre: Romance, Personal Turmoil
    Keywords: A/P, A/A, PT, AotC, RotS, OC

The story is told from the point of view of Pon-Naas, a character I created that works as an assistant to Mace Windu in the Jedi Temple.

I hope you will all take a gander at...

Betrayal of The Heart: A Love Story

Chapter One: The First Heart

With each passing day, I find myself growing stronger; braver; able to form complete sentences without a rush of uninvited tears interuppting my statements; able to enter public without having to fear a nervous breakdown or causing an embarrassing scene in which the part of stuttering, babbling, tear-soaked man is played by yours, very truly. The cause of my emotional demise? I imagine if one were to suggest that it all began four years ago, the day I first met her, my first love; my first... heart -- Padme Amidala, Senator and former Queen of Naboo, I would offer no protest in return.

I was in my ninth month of working for famed Jedi Master, may he rest in peace, Mace Windu when I first met Padme'.

The day had been without stress or worry. Master Windu was writing his memoirs and as a result, most of the bureaucratic b.s. that I usually spent the day working on, was passed on to the assistants of Jedi Master Yoda, Araq Charlis and Pissant Pessent, two of my better friends on Coruscant. I meanwhile, was reading rough drafts of Master Windu's memoirs, checking spelling and grammar, while also being told to feel free to suggest anything that I felt might "zing it up." As late afternoon arrived, I found myself sitting at my desk outside of Master Windu's office, and reading over the fifth chapter in his most recent draft.

As the youngest member of the Jedi council, my views were often met with silence, a humored chuckle or as I often found from Master Yoda, a roll of the eyes and shake of the head. The tables soon turned, however, the day I brazenly entered Yoda's meditation chamber and demanded that he--

"Excuse me," a commanding, yet honey dripped voice asked. I looked up from my coffee stained pages to see a ravishing young beauty standing before me. She was dressed in a snug fitting orange and aqua dress while her silken brown locks hung past her shoulders in a wavy flow. Her brown eyes immediately captured me and I found myself unable to speak from the visage of such a beautiful young woman.

With an amused look of anticipation on her ruby lips she began to laugh.

"Hello?"

I shook my head slightly from side to side with a warble and wiped a spot of drool from my mouth.

"Just relaxing?" she teased while motioning with her eyes to my raised legs and feet, resting squarely upon the top of my desk.

"Uh," I mumbled while still staring directly into her eyes. She smiled and I fumbled with the manuscript, dropping the pages onto my lap and then the floor. I was rich with embarrassment and quickly bent over to pick the scattered manuscript back up. My face began to buzz with a rouge speckled blush as I assembled a handful of pages.

She covered her mouth with her left hand while laughing at my folly.

"Here," she said bending down to help me. "I think you need someone--"

"Padme'!" the voice of Mace Windu boomed as his office doors slid open.

Oh great. Perfect timing, I thought with a sardonic smile and shake of my head.

Suddenly, her soft palm was atop of mine. Her thumb pressed lightly into the side of my wrist. Had time stopped, or just my heart? It regained its beat, from a trot to a gallop, from a gallop to sprint as she softly squeezed my wrist.

"Relax," she whispered.

"Uh, uh..." I stuttered while staring again

2. Odd-Thomas

Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    Very interesting beginning. I anticipate good things to come. :D

3. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Hey thanks, OT, I hope all will enjoy my little tale of romance. A new chapter will be coming soon.

I hope everyone will give old Pon-Naas a chance.

4. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I can't believe Padme' gave him her number.
    What about Anakin?
    Very original story. Keep it coming

*green_eyes*

5. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Green Eyes--

The opening of the story takes place shortly before Episode 2, so that's why Anakin isn't yet a part of things. He is coming, however...

6. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal of The Heart: A Love Story

Chapter 2: Drinks After Work

As quitting time approached, I organized my desk for the next day -- I was adamant about starting each day with a clean work space -- made some final notes on Master Windu's manuscript and thought, of course, about the angel I had just met.

I studied the paper she had slipped me; just from looking at it, I was nervous; excited; doubtful that it was anything other than a cruel joke; for love had never been kind. A bolder inner voice attempted to remove my doubts, telling me that this was my first heart; my first chance at love; all other relationships in the past were nothing but building blocks to the moment I now found myself within. But when should I call her? As soon as I left the office? Later that evening? Wait a few days? As if the force knew my thoughts, my holo-phone, set to vibrate, went off in my pocket.

"Hello?"

A small hologram of my friend, Ariq Charles came into view on the phone's receptor. He was holding a pint of ale and wearing a full grin.

"Hey, Pon! You done yet?"

I laughed at my old friend.

"Looks like you are!"

"Heh, heh," he chuckled. "Me and The Pessent cut out early. Yoda's off to Nar-Shaada, checking on a shady pod-race operation, so what he doesn't know..."

"Fills your gut with brew!" I teased.

He tipped his stein and wiped his mouth. His co-worker and our mutual friend, Pissant Pessent (or simply, The Pessent as we had nicknamed him) came into view.

"Hey, Pon!" the scraggly Pessent greeted me, holding his own drink in his hand. "You better hurry up and get down here. Lots of ladies!" He whistled with a lusty howl.

"You two hounds," I teased. "Always sniffing for something."

They both laughed with a guttural warble in their throats.

"Windu not let you go yet, or what? Come on, it's 5:20, you're gonna miss Happy Hour! Tell that stiff it's time to get your drink on."

"All right, all right," I replied with a chuckle. "Just give me a few minutes to tidy up here and I'll be down. Where are you guys at?"

"McShady's," Ariq replied. "And like The Pessent said, it's crawling with skirts."

I shook my head at their collective bravado and nodded. "Ok guys, I'll see you soon."

As their miniature holo image flickered off, I placed Padme's phone number into my front pocket and buzzed Master Windu. No reply. I hit it a second time, as was his rule, and still nothing, which meant, he had shut his holo-phone off, was napping and didn't want to be disturbed. I truly enjoyed working for the great Jedi Master, for he was not a 'stiff,' as so many Jedi were accused of being. (Though many Jedi found themselves quite 'stiff' when one Dark Lord of The Sith, Darth Vader, stormed their temple, hunted them down, and basically rocked their world.) No, Master Windu enjoyed a well told joke, piping hot coffee, good conversation and good friends as much as anyone else. I will never be able to shake the feeling that I failed him in the end, could have saved him if I only had told him... But that is another tragedy for another time and one that the reader will thank me not to dwell on at the current moment.

I left a note on my desk: Manuscript's looking great, will do more tomorrow. See you then. - Pon. and went into the coffee room to get my jacket.

As I exited the office and joined the rush of workers leaving the enormous Jedi Temple, likely for drinks of their own, I fumbled with Padme's piece of paper, tempted to stop right then and there and call her. Had she herself not been brash in giving me her phone number right before Master Windu? Surely she wouldn't consider such an immediate reply desperate, would she? But what would a senator ever want with me, a lowly secretary? I couldn't fathom it and continued to tell myself it must be a cruel joke and she was just waiting for me to take up the part of punch-line so that she might laugh forever and a day into my shameful, tear stained eyes.

I put the piece of paper back in my pocket and catching a shuttle, made my

7. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Made some changes to the first few chapters.

Will be posting Chapter 3 soon.

8. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Interesting story -- I'm curious to see where this goes. Is this an AU?

9. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Dally--

Thanks for checking out my little tale.

I'm sorry to say, I'm not sure what AU means.

It is a story that opens shortly before AOTC and ends... well, you'll just have to wait and see.

10. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal of The Heart

Chapter 3: Rage At Sunset

As Padme's image came into focus, I, as I always have at the face of such a lovely, panicked. Knowing I only had seconds until the holo-phone transmitted my own image back to her, I tossed it to my friend Ariq Charles, who was now also standing amidst the hub-bub that The Pessent had created.

"What?" he asked as he caught the phone. "What you doing?"

"What am I doing?" I replied then looked to the Pessent, still staying out of my arm's reach. "What was that fool doing!"

"Hello?" Padme asked. "Hello?"

"Uh, uh," Ariq said, "Hey there."

"Who are you?"

"I um, uh... Wrong number. Sorry."

Her luminous blue hologram looked at him with a raised eye-brow.

"How did you get this number?"

"I, just, well... Like I said, wrong number." Ariq chuckled with a stuttering burst of uncomfortable mirth.

"I thought I was dialing--" CLICK. She hung up before he could attempt to make any further excuses.

We both looked to The Pessent.

"A-hole!" I shouted. "I outta drag you outside and beat you silly, you no good moron!" The anger within me was raging with bursts of deep hatred for the stunt my so-called friend had just pulled. "Why the hell did you do that? Do you want me to, to..."

Ariq attempted to calm me. "Easy, Pon. Come on, you know he didn't mean anything."

"My ass," I said, stomping up to the cowering fool.

"Hey, come on," The Pessent pleaded putting his hands up. "Just trying to have a little fun."

"Your idea of 'a little fun' almost cost me a chance with Padme, dim-wit! That's a big 'No-Sale'! in my book."

"Calm down, already," he said.

"I'll calm down after I take care of you..." No, I told myself, control your anger, steady the course, easy Pon, easy... For reasons I could not explain, over the last week my usual calm and easy going demeanor were at their wit's end and when I was provoked, a brooding sense of self doubt and internal conflict ran rough-shot over all of my senses, bubbling over in an angered, fist-clenching desire to seek out confrontations with those that raised such ire from within me.

With one hand clutching The Pessent's shirt and my other fist cocked and loaded, ready to deliver a blow to his chops, Ariq grabbed hold of my forearm.

"Easy, Pon," he said as The Pessent begged me to not to hit him. I relaxed my grip on The Pessent's shirt and lowered my raised fist.

"I... I'm sorry," I said with a shake of my head. "I don't know what's come over me." I looked about the McShady's to find that all of the patrons were staring my way.

"Everything okay, Pon?" Puddles asked from behind the bar.

I was so embarrassed that had I been near an exit, I would have darted out in a quick sprint.

"Everything's all right," I said with a forced laugh. "I just, we're just messing around." Puddles looked unconvinced. "Hate to have to ask you boys to leave, but if you're gonna be fighting..."

"We're cool. We're cool," Ariq told him. "Just a long day for us," he added. Unconvinced and with a disagreeing shake of the head, Puddles went back to serving drinks, while the rest of the bar returned to their Happy Hour conversations.

I sat back down at our table, breathing loudly through my nose. Ariq gingerly sat beside me.

"Pon, man, you sure you're all right?"

I looked up to The Pessent who was timidly returning to the table. A momentary flash of anger overcame me; I gripped my chair and weathered the storm as he sat down.

"I'm all right," I said quickly. "I guess I just don't like being treated like that."

"Pon, I'm sorry," The Pessent pleaded. "You know I'm always doing stupid stuff. I thought, I mean, I was just kidding, you know?"

I closed my eyes and nodded. The storm had passed.

"No, Pessent; I'm sorry. I was ready to lay you out."

"Who isn't?" Ariq commented, attempting to bring a light mood to the moment.

I smiled. "I just, I guess I don't want anything to go wrong with Padme. I panicked. I didn't know how to react." I looked The

11. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal Of The Heart

Chapter 4: Hangin' On The Telephone

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Uh, wha?"

"Oh nothing, it just... seems like you're breathing pretty heavy there."

Fool, don't forget she can see you!

I laughed, with a stilted stutter of good humor.

"Oh, I'm just a little, uh, sick and was, breathing a bit for it."

What? What kind of excuse is that! Fool!

"Well listen," she said, "what are you doing tonight?"

"Me?"

There was a silence.

"Yeah. You," she said plainly.

"Well I, uh, I uh..." I couldn't think. I looked at my dinner. "I was, or I'm eating a Bantha Burger right now."

"Ew," she said. "You eat that stuff?"

"Oh no, I mean, I, I..."

She laughed. "You must have a death wish."

I forced myself to laugh though I was slightly put-off by what I felt to be her making an attempt to humble me, a lowly serf beneath her royal finger-foods and personal barbs.

"Oh, I hardly ever eat it," I replied then followed it with another forced chuckle.

"Well," she said, "how would you like to get some real food?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why don't you come over? I'd really like to talk to you."

"Over? To your place?"

"Yeah. I can have a shuttle sent for you. Where do you live? Port-Plaza? Manteer?"

Port-Plaza. Manteer. In other words, the most upscale neighborhoods on Coruscant. I lived about oh, half a planet away from them in the Krok Halls, a working class neighborhood full of everyday stiffs like me.

"No," I said, "I don't live there."

"Harbington's? Alard's Place?"

My mother worked as a maid for a family that lived in Alard's Place, that was as close as I'd ever been to either of those neighborhoods. My chest and stomach tightened. Would I tell her I was from Krok Halls? Sure, we kept crime and drugs down, but I still feared the blue-collar reputation wouldn't be up to par for a former Queen. However, while I was tempted to lie about my residence, my parents instilled a pride within me that even a beautiful queen could not snatch away.

"I'm from Krok Halls," I said matter of factly.

"Oh," she said with a respective nod. "Where should I send the shuttle."

I couldn't believe this was truly happening to me.

"123-C Lake Avenue. Apartment 1313."

"Cool," she said. "I'll have a shuttle sent right over. What do you want to eat?"

I had to shake my head. Surely I was dreaming. We had barely met, how could she have any interest in me? Me, Joe Schmo?

"Uh, whatever you want," I said. "Doesn't matter."

"Okay," she laughed. "I'll surprise you."

Star gazing towards her hologram, I waved dumbly, unsure of what else to do.

"See you soon," she said. "Bye."

"Ba, bye."

I sat for a moment in silence then let out a joyous laugh, ringing with hope and redemption. I was on cloud nine, walking on sunshine and loving each and every damned second of it. I stood up and did a small dance about my compact kitchen.

"Whoo-hoo," I cheered as I continued to skip about. A knock from my floor sounded.

"Quiet down up there, you fool!" a muffled voice from below sounded. It was Noxin Pool, my Toydarian neighbor that was ready to chastise me at any thing heavier than a feather falling to the floor.

But even Noxin couldn't get me down and I continued to dance, gyrating my arms, legs and abdomen with abandon.

Bang! Bang Noxin continued to pound. "Enough, eh?" he barked.

I kicked the floor one last time with a heavy stomp.

"Slag off!" I yelled, growing bold, knowing a shuttle from the senate would soon be arriving for me. For me!

I combed my hair and sprinkled a hint of after-shave on my neck. I wondered if I shouldn't bring a flower and had decided it a good gesture when my guest buzzer sounded.

"Shuttle from Senator Amidala at your docking station, sir."

"I'll be right down," I replied with utter glee.

I ran to my docking station to find a silvery sleek craft awaiting my arrival. An armed guard met me outside of the ship.

"This way," he said taking me inside. The ship w

12. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal Of The Heart

Chapter 5: Gundark Slop

"Regent's One Neighborhood," a voice spoke over the intercom. "Arriving at Senator Amidala's platform," it next stated.

I slugged down the rest of my beer while swallowing a grizzled piece of Gundark-thigh that hung loosely from my gaping mouth. I just... I just couldn't believe it. Meet her, greet her; wine her and dine her all in the span of eight hours? My palms broke with a slick layer of sweat and my heart rate began to increase. Easy Pon, my mind said, Don't start getting nervous now, just relax... Breathe... Relax...

"Here we are, kid," the guard that took me into the shuttle said while standing. "Looks like you had a nice little snack," he cracked.

I looked about me to see scraps of Gundark skin and crumbs from crackers I had also enjoyed covering my lap and seat.

"Sorry about the mess," I said with a trickle of shame quivering in my voice. Looking about me, the three other guards were now standing and covering their mouths while lightly laughing at my uncouth manners. The golden plated interior, plush carpets and oak grained cabinets suddenly seemed all the more lavish while I felt all the more common and petty; I was deeply embarrassed.

"Sure you don't want us to take another loop around the neighborhood?" another mocked. "Give you enough time to stuff your face with more Gundark." They all laughed.

I wiped my mouth with my forearm and meekly stood, my knees all but knocking.

"Where uh, where should I put the can?" I asked, holding on to the empty can of Wookiee ale.

"How about the trash bin?" A guard quipped, pointing to a large bucket in the aisle, to my left.

"Oh," I said with a composed smile, "didn't see that."

"Obviously," I heard another remark under his breath.

"And don't worry," the same guard said, "we can vacuum the rest."

I looked down to see even more crumbs and bits of Gundark strewn about my feet.

I said nothing, and simply put my head down and dropping the can into the trashcan, walked towards the door.

Cla-tang! I looked behind me; I had missed the trashcan.

They all laughed, heartily.

Easy, Pon, they're just mindless brutes...

As they continued to laugh, I stepped quickly to the door, leaving the can on the floor and quickly exited the craft.

I was standing on a landing platform that was built so high that we were above the clouds of Coruscant. A lovely view of the city was afforded me but I continued to run towards the single door at the end of the short walkway of the platform, not wanting to look back at the security slugs that obviously found my blue-collar mannerisms a source of mockery and perpetual scorn.

"Slow down there, junior," the initial guard I had met barked as he walked behind me. "You can't get in without me. You even know where you're going?"

I turned and looked over my shoulder as the armor clad guard approached, carrying his blaster in both hands.

"Oh," I meekly offered. "Sorry, didn't know." Had I not been on my way to meet such a lovely as Padme, the shame and embarrassment I felt may have been enough for me to take a one way trip off the platform and into the endless city lights below.

He walked by me with loud steps and when he neared the entrance, began entering a series of codes.

The orange door whisked up and open.

"This way," he said with a bored, careless tone.

"Yes sir," I replied, not wanting to raise his ire any further.

We walked down a long hallway, lit with soft white lights and covered in blue carpeting. We came to another door and behind it, an elevator.

"Take it down to the 756th floor. She's waiting for you."

"Uh, yeah, yeah... Okay," I said looking to the elevator door. "You not coming down?"

"No," he said. "But you'll be monitored the whole way."

"Oh, okay," I said with a smile. "Well, thanks for everything." I extended my hand to shake.

He looked at me, raised an eye brow and scoffed.

"Have a good time, kid," he said and exited back through the do

13. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Poor Pon. He's really starting off on the wrong foot. Oh, and AU means "alternate universe." I was just wondering, because if Padme ends up with Pon rather than Anakin, it's obviously an alternate universe.

14. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Dally, thanks for keeping up with the story.

Thanks for the definition of AU -- it's definitely not AU. Which of course means, Anakin will enter the picture and he will be the lucky man.

15. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal of The Heart
    Chapter 6: Dinner Is Served

The elevator doors opened to reveal a posh foyer. As I gazed out upon numerous vases and a well kept blue carpeting, trimmed in gold, I whistled with awe, "Whew." I sighed to myself. "What am I doing here?" I brushed my pants clean of some remaining Gundark skin and cracker crumbs and with a shake of my head, began to step out of the elevator. The doors closed closely behind and my right ankle was caught with them.

"What the," I cried. Oh great Pon, my mind mocked as my attempts to free myself jerked my one foot out from under me and landed me flat on my stomach. "Oof!" I painfully cried as I crashed on the floor. I pulled at my foot when suddenly the elevator alarm started to sound.

Malfunction! Malfunction! Error. Error. Error. Error.

I began to rage with embarrassment. My teeth were in full grit as my eyes sharpened. "Holy hell!" I shouted. "Shut up!"

Error. Error. Error. Error. Malfunction! Malfunction!

I plugged my ears.

?No!? I screamed.

Cool it Pon, don't blow this one, my mind pleaded.

I took a deep breath when I heard:

"On the floor again?" an angelic voice, ripe with gentle humor and good fortune asked. I opened my eyes and looked up. It was Padme.

"Uh, uh," I mumbled, immobilized by the sudden appearance of her radiant smile.

She walked to the elevator and pulled open the doors.

"There you go," she said as the alarm finally shut off.

"Thanks," I said stupidly. "I guess I wasn't quick enough." I laughed and she raised an eyebrow of suspect approval.

"So, you hungry?" she asked.

I nodded quickly and repeatedly.

"Come on," she said turning towards her living room, "this way."

I scratched my head and followed.

"I hope you like seafood," she said. "I ordered a bucket of squid-chops and cakes from Frez Racka." My eyes windened at the name of the upscale eatery, Frez Racka. If I saved my paychecks for three months, I'd probably be able to afford a meal, or at least several appetizers there.

"Wow," I said. "Frez Racka."

"You? don't like F.R.?" she asked with a murmur of irritation.

"Oh, no, no. I love F.R. I just mean, it's such a fancy place."

She shrugged her right shoulder. "Is that a problem?"

"Oh no, no," I stated with a forced goofball grin filling out my face. "Should be good."

Oh great Pon, make sure you blow it before it even starts.

She inspected me with a curious eye then bluntly stated, "Have a seat," motioning towards one of her plush couches.

"Nice view," I said while sitting down and gazing out one of her many panoramic windows. Coruscant was a wash with bulbous rows of well-lit high rises while speeders, transports and various other craft zoomed to and fro.

"Yeah," she replied uncaringly. She started walking towards a door off to the side of the room.

"Let me get the squid-chops and cakes."

"Oh, sure," I replied. "Cool."

I sat waiting, telling myself to just be myself and everything would fall into place. Don?t force anything, and it will all work out, for better or worse. Relax Pon. You work with Jedi everyday, you?re used to being around big-shots. As I continued to reassure myself that I was indeed worthy of dinner with a senator, it seemed that a good many minutes had passed since Padme went to her kitchen.

Hmm, I thought. Maybe she needs a hand...

I stood and did a light trot towards the kitchen door. As I got next to the door, it opened with a rush, knocking me onto the ground, yet again. Suddenly Padme came bumbling out, tripping over me and spilling the squid-chops and cakes to the floor, where she herself then fell.

"Ah," she screamed as she landed on her shoulder. "Agh!"

The food was everywhere. A rich cream sauce was also on the platter she had been carrying and was now spread on the floor, my shirt and Padme's side.

I softly began to cry from the overwhelming shame that I felt.

Good one, Pon, you just completely ruined any

16. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Made a few edits so I thought I would give a lift to my little love yarn.

17. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal Of The Heart

Chapter 7: The Clean-Up

"I... I feel like such a fool!" I said perhaps too loudly and forcibly. I continued to berate myself before Padme who stood at my side with a cautious look of worry on her face at my strong self-reproach. "Dammit! How could I be such a moron!" I sniffed back an onset of soft tears.

"It's okay," she said putting her hand on my shoulder. "Don't be so hard on yourself."

I sighed and covered my eyes with my right hand.

"But I've ruined your carpeting," I said with personal disgust. And you've ruined the evening and your chances with a former Queen... I thought.

"Don't worry. I'll have my cleaner-droids take care of this."

"I was only coming in to see if you needed some help, I..." The shame in my voice was thick and I was unable to continue.

"Hey," she laughed walking to the tray I kicked across the room. "It's all right. Accidents will happen."

Easy, Pon, control the water works, control...

I sniffed.

"I can call F.R. and get something else."

"F.R.?" I meekly asked.

"Frez Racka," she reminded me.

Fool! Can't you even remember that much?

"Oh, oh, right. F.R. Yeah, F.R."

Carrying the tray she walked back to me and stood by the door.

"Um, why don't you just wait out here," she said with a laugh.

I wheezed a feeble chuckle in an attempt to appear at ease.

"I'll need to change, too," she said to herself, looking down at the sweats and tee I had ruined.

"I don't know if I have anything for you to change into, though."

"Oh, don't worry," I said holding my slop covered arms up. "I'm cool."

"Well," she said, "it's not so much your clothes as it is I don't want my couch getting dirty. And, you're dripping."

I offered another forced, trickling laugh of wheeze.

From her living room, a holo-image began to form.

"Senator Amidala," the voice of a security goon with an eye patch began to speak, "are you there Senator Amidala?"

"Captain Typho," she said to herself. "Hold this," she shoved the tray into my chest as she walked to the holo-projector. She flipped the 'on' switch.

"I'm here Captain," she said.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"You're covered in slop."

Easy, Pon...

"Oh," she said. "Accident."

He nodded and continued. "I'm sorry to bother you when you have company, Senator, but Bail Organna is requesting your presence at an emergency meeting. It seems there have been more disturbing developments with Count Dooku. Many are speaking of an unavoidable war."

"Let me change, Captain. I'll meet you in the foyer in fifteen minutes."

"Might we make it twenty minutes, M'Lady? The meeting is set to start in half and hour, and well, M'Lady, your shuttle is currently being cleaned and vacuumed after you last guest. We need just a few extra minutes to have it prepared."

"Oh," she said with an expected, resigned displeasure. "Very good, Captain," she continued, "Twenty minutes it is."

Steady the course, Pon, steady...

"See you then, M'Lady."

She went to turn off the holo-projector then quickly stopped.

"Oh, Captain?"

"Yes, M'Lady?"

"Can you call for a taxi? I need return transport for my guest."

"Of course, M'Lady."

As the image of the captain faded, she turned to me.

"Looks like I need to step out."

I nodded dumbly.

"But I'd still like to get together," she said.

My heart was all a-flutter and a light at the end of what had been a very dark and encroaching tunnel seemed to appear, dimly in my still glossy eyes.

"Oh, yeah, yeah," I said.

"Are you working tomorrow?"

"Uh-huh. Yeah. Nine to five."

"I'll need to speak with Master Windu again tomorrow. Most likely in the morning. Maybe we can set something up then?"

"Yeah, that would be great."

"Okay," she said. "I need to change and get cleaned up. Can you let yourself out?"

I looked towards the foyer. "Oh yeah. Sure."

"Good night, Pon," the angel in dirtied sweats and a tee shirt said as she stood in her kitchen doorway

18. green_eyes

Apr 20, 2004
    Man, is Pon-Naas an accident waiting to happen, or what?
    This is getting embarrasing for the poor guy.
    What is he going to do next?

*green_eyes*

19. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Green-Eyes:

Thanks for continuing to follow Pon's little adventure. Yes, he does seem to be getting off on the wrong foot. When he's able to walk and not trip, slip or get caught in an elevator door, that is.

20. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Poor Pon!! Although I'm an Ani-Padme fan, so of course I'm cheering for Anakin, I feel terrible for Pon! I've never had a date quite THAT disastrous, but I think everybody has had an incident that was humiliating. Poor guy, things are just going from bad to worse.

21. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Dally-

Yes, Pon has been having a somewhat difficult time staying on his feet or speaking coherently to Padme. He is just a working class stiff, after all (in his own words).

Thanks again for sticking with the story, and Anakin is indeed coming, so just hang in there and your favorite character will appear for a starring role in due time.

22. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal of The Heart

Chapter 8: The Morning After

I woke the next morning with an extended yawn and the soft rays of our sun shining dimly through my open curtain.

Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I looked about my studio apartment and reproached myself with good humor at its compact nature.

Maybe some day, I pined with young, romantic hope, I'll leave this dump for Padme's spacious digs... I smiled at the prospect of such a residential coup and rose from my bed.

After making a quick breakfast of butter-gruel and slopping it down, I ran out the door to catch the morning tram to the Jedi Temple.

It was 7:22 when I exited the tram and thus with over half an hour until I needed to get to the office, I stepped into Paddycakes, a small diner housed within the Jedi Temple seventieth floor, i.e. the food court.

As I entered, I saw my friends Pissant Pezzent and Ariq Charles sitting at one of the tiny tables and enjoying some pastry and coffee.

"Hey guys," I said with an upbeat refrain. "What's up?"

"Oh, hey," The Pezzent replied apprehensively, still wary, I'm sure of the previous days near beat-down.

"Hey, Pon," Ariq said raising his coffee. "Top o' the morning to ya."

"Back atcha," I said with a wink.

"You guys mind if I join you?"

"Of course not," Ariq said as The Peasant humbly nodded. That's right, I thought, Do not raise my ire again, you, you... No, Pon, easy, easy... He's your friend...

"Cool," I replied, "let me get my cuppa Joe."

After getting a large coffee and meat-pie (I had an insatiable appetite in the morning and often doubled up on breakfast -- one at home, one at Paddycakes) I pulled up a chair from another table and joined Ariq and The Pezzent.

"So," I coolly said, "what did you two do last night?" Wearing a wicked smirk, I looked towards The Pezzent.

"Oh, nothing," he said. "Just watched some t.v."

"Same here," Ariq replied. "Since he had it on so damned loud, I had no choice," he added in jest. Ariq and The Pezzent were not only co-workers under the supervision of Jedi Master Yoda, they were also roommates.

"Oh?" I said. "What were you guys watching?"

"Pod races from Malastare," Ariq noted while sipping on his coffee. "What did you do?" he asked.

Allowing a bit of dramatic tension to build, I took a large bite from my meat pie and after wiping my mouth clean and washing it down with a guzzle of coffee, wistfully noted, "Not too much. Just went over to Padme's." I looked directly to The Pezzent as the last statement left my mouth, my teeth gritting, and the rest of me ready for any disbelief he may have to offer.

"Really?" Ariq asked. "Holy cow, Pon, that's awesome."

"I guess," I casually noted. "She wanted to see me, so you know, let's just say I made her happy."

"Heh heh," Ariq laughed. The Pezzent guffawed and did his best to offer a submissive laugh.

"Wow, Pon," Ariq continued, "I can't believe you're actually hooking up with a senator."

"Yeah," I said, chowing on more meat pie, "you just have to know how to play your cards and they come running."

"Sorry for not believing you," The Pezzent humbly noted. "I guess I just never thought someone like us could land a--"

"Someone like you," I interrupted with harsh, bold annunciation.

Easy, Pon, my mind begged. Control yourself, it's just The Pezzent...

"Hey, come on now, Pon," Ariq said. "You're getting a little arrogant, don't you think? We all work the same job. We all live in Krok Halls."

My even keeled friend was right and I knew it. For the past three weeks, my anger and my eagerness to proclaim it was far too frequent an occurrence.

"I, I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't mean that. I guess I'm just still upset about yesterday."

"I think I'll get up to the office," The Pezzent said while standing. "See you soon, Ariq." He tossed his coffee cup in the trash and turned towards the door.

"Oh man," I said, "I feel like a real tool."

"You've been kind of harsh on him lately. Not

23. green_eyes

Apr 20, 2004
    Someone needs to tell Pon that anger leads to the dark side. LOL

*green_eyes*

24. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal Of The Heart

Chapter 9: Working Stiffs, Inc.

I put down the rest of my coffee and meat pie amidst thoughts of passing regret on how harshly I had just spoken to The Pezzent. The constant, pulling thought, however, was of my young lovely, Padme Amidala. I reflected on the previous night's date and with a sardonic self humored laugh, stuttered aloud, "I was such a clutz." My face beamed, however, as I firmly added, "And she wants to see me... again." As I dipped into a spell of staring, replaying the entire night over in my mind, a voiced called to me.

"Hey, Pon! Pon!"

"Huh?" I said with a warble of confusion as I snapped out of my staring spell. "Whozat?"

"7:55, you better get moving, Slick."

It was Week-Tween, an alluring Twi-lek female who worked behind the counter of Paddycakes.

I rubbed meat pie sauce from my chin. "Oh, thanks Week. Still tired I guess." I chuckled and stood. I shot a sudden look and wink her way, feeling a boost of confidence as my mind continued to remind me that Padme was going to be stopping into Master Windu's office soon to make a second date, with yours, very truly. It seemed things with the ladies were finally coming to pass.

Week-Tween shifted her eyes in a round about manner and turned away, walking to the register to take an order from a waiting Rodian.

I threw away my coffee cup and meat pie tin and did a quick skip to and out the door.

Paddycakes was one of many small businesses within the Jedi Temple food-court and a mere four floors down from Master Windu's office, so even with just five minutes until I needed to be at work, more than enough time was on my side.

As I weaved my way through crowds of fellow office workers and the occasional Padawan, the newsboys continued to ring out what was becoming an all too familiar tune:

Get yer news here! Count Dooku and Separatists get more systems to leave The Republic!

War! War! War! General Tarkin says it's unavoidable!

Republic vs. Confederates, Is Round One about to take place?

As I slowed my steps and came to the elevator lifts, I shook my head with worry. Was war truly on our horizon?

"Where are we gonna get an army?" I heard a blue collar schmo such as myself ask his friend as we waited in a group of twenty or so for an elevator to arrive.

"We?re screwed," his buddy replied. He looked around to be sure no Padawans were near. "We don't have enough Jedi to fight a war."

Stop worrying about things you can't control, Pon, my mind asserted. Don't worry about any war, worry about getting it right with Padme.

"Heh," I said aloud, "war, schmore."

An elevator going up soon arrived and I stepped into with another ten or so of the crowd.

With a good natured whistle I entered Master Windu's office. I began preparing his morning coffee as well as putting our paper The Coruscant Times which waited outside the office door, on his desk. One great advantage of working for Master Windu was, he never arrived before 10 am, so while I had to be at the office and punched in by 8, the first two hours, at least, always equated to two hours of very easy living.

After getting the office ready for the day, I sat at my desk and looked into my holo-index to see if any visitors were scheduled for the upcoming hours.

"Ah," I noted. "The Supreme Chancellor once again."

Amidst the growing tension in the galaxy between The Republic and Confederate Order of Star Systems, lead by the former Jedi, Count Dooku, Chancellor Palpatine had been consulting with Master Windu on a regular basis for the past three weeks and I found myself to greatly enjoy his visits. He, much like Padme had the day prior, always took time to speak with me.

"And some time today," I said with a greedy smile while kicking my legs up onto my desk, "my favorite miss will be visiting." I rubbed my hands together with glee then relaxed deeply into my seat, allowing my eyes to gently come to a close.

"Heh, heh," I chuckled. "Oh don't mind me, I'm ju

25. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I think it's very interesting to see the beginning of the war from an average citizen's point of view. And I agree with Green-Eyes -- anger leads to the dark side, Pon....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.