main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Betrayal Of The Heart: A Love Story ( A/P, Pon-Naas, Windu, Palps, Obi) NEW Chapter: 54 - DEC 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tiny, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOWK_4321

MOWK_4321 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Hmm...leaving us hanging are you Tiny? Anyways I wonder if Palpatine actually knows where his father is or is just making it up to get him to open up to him. It seems though that Pon and Anakin have a pretty similar relationship with Palpatin. Of course Palpatine is as evil as ever using Pon's love for Padme to get him to steal the files about Dooku from Mace's office. Hopefully he'll come to his senses or Mace or some other Jedi will stop him. Anyways keep up your great work and I can't wait til the next installment of this story.

~Mowk:D

2. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Just giving this an up.

3. Tiny

Tiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    Dally--

Yes, Pon is just an avergage Joe, trying to make his way in the universe. Unfortunately, Palpatine has plans for this 'Working Stiff.'

MOWK--

Thanks for keeping up with The Nass. We'll find out soon about what Palp knows about Pon's supposed real father, Danok 'Whiskey' Trove.

New chapter, leading into Episode 2, coming very soon...

4. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Betrayal Of The Heart: A Love Story

Chapter 38: Seeds

Palpatine led me to the foyer of his darkened office and paused by his assistant?s empty desk. ?Whiskey Trove,? he grinned. ?Now there?s a name I?ve not heard in a long time. A long time.?

?So you know him??

?Of course I know him,? he said with a demure smirk. My eyes widened as the Supreme Chancellor paused for dramatic effect. ?He?s an old associate of mine. Why, I haven?t spoken with Whiskey since, well before you were born. But as I said, I do believe I can tell you where to locate him.? A humored caveat followed. ?If drink hasn't taken him to an early grave, of course.?

Before continuing he paused as an irritated look flashed across his face.

?Oh goodness me, will he ever learn?? he complained as he stepped past me and towards his assistant?s desk. ?Everyday the same thing, it never changes. A desk of disorder. Nothing but jumbled confusion out here. I tell him, a disorderly desk leads to a disorderly office, but of course he thinks just because his uncle serves in the senate I won?t fire him.?

?Uh, wha?? I asked confusedly while he began shuffling and straightening a stack of papers and folders.

?Oh, I?m sorry, Pon. It?s just my assistant, he?s forever leaving things in a state of perpetual chaos. Why is it so hard to find good help these days? The highest paid secretary in the galaxy and he can?t clean up coffee stains from his desk, finish a simple report or put his files where they belong ? in the filing cabinet.?

I grinned at Palpatine?s reserved frustrations over his assistant.

?Heh heh. Looks like you got a dud, sir.?

?Heavens yes. And his coffee? Pure sludge. The blackest dreck you?ll ever drink, I promise you that. Come to think of it, I?ve only had one decent cup of coffee in the last few weeks, where was it?? He thought briefly then looked to me with an affirming smile. ?Why, I believe it was when I stopped in to see Master Windu. Now you know how to make a cup of coffee, my young man!?

?And I never leave my desk like this,? I chuckled, lightly teasing the Supreme Chancellor.

?Master Windu is fortunate to have you as his assistant. Very fortunate. He must tell you that all the time.?

?Well, yeah, I mean, I think he?s pretty cool about things. We, you know, get along.?

?What I wouldn?t give for an assistant of your nature. To have someone aiding me who really cared about their position, not just their paycheck. You truly seem a professional in your line of work, my friend.?

?Gosh, thanks sir.?

?What does Master Windu pay you??

Before I could jokingly reply with, ?Not enough,? he cut me off.

?Forgive me, forgive me, that?s terribly personal and none of my business. I was only thinking that perhaps if you were ever interested? No, no there I go again. I?m sorry, we were talking about Whiskey Trove.?

?Uh, yes sir. You said you knew??

Just then a loud knock sounded from outside the office door: BANG! BANG!

?Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum,? Palpatine hushed to himself with a quiver of annoyance.

He took a pen from his assistant?s desk and tore a sheet of paper in half and began to hurridly write upon it.

Another knock sounded, followed by a call.

?Yousen in there!?

BANG! BANG!

?Heysa! It?sa bein? da bombad General Mabnuln and Kolo Laamba!?

Palpatine shook his head as he continued to write.

?General Mabnuln? I know him,? I said, almost to myself, thinking back on how he hustled me out of a day?s worth of pay at Pazaak earlier in the week.

?Maybe hesa no in there Roy,? I heard the other Gungan, Kolo, say from the other side of the door.

?He?s in there,? The General replied with a laugh. ?Gramps is probably napping.?

BANG! BANG!

"Muey muey! Yousen gonna open up or what-o!"

Palpatine tossed the pen down on the desk and in a flash, turned towards the door and yelled with unchecked ferocity: ?Hold your horses you babbling buffoon!? The anger that I had seen displayed when I was unable to initially locate the files in Master

5. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 39: The Descent

It was half past midnight when I left Palpatine?s office so I initially decided to seek out the man I believed to be my father the next day. But as I entered the transport station, the allure of finding my father was too great and instead of heading back to The Krok Halls, I decided to hop on a tram for the bottom level of Coruscant to hopefully, find myself some truth.

As the nearly empty tram made it?s way down to the bottom level, I began thinking that while The Krok Halls Neighborhood and my apartment building, Chauncy?s Estates, were most decidedly in a blue collar part of town and perhaps not as glittering and cosmopolitan as the life Padme had introduced me to, it was certainly more than one step up from the dire surroundings I witnessed as the tram began making its way along the lower levels of Coruscant. Trash spilling onto the streets, pimps and junkies on every other corner looking to make their respective scores; dim, flickering neon lights from the endless rows of single room taverns and a dank gray dirty mist hissing through the gates of the cities sewer.

?What-a-dump,? I emphatically told myself while gazing upon the graffiti tagged buildings of the lower level.

?Lower level. Block 44a, sections one through eight,? the voice of the conductor announced over the intercom.

I exited the tram and removed the address Palpatine had given me. Shooter?s Bar and Grill ? 44a-3. Two blocks to both my possible future and past. I took a deep breath and started walking down the dingy sidewalk, littered with trash, stray dogs and cats and sleeping bums.

To be dealt your first hand in life on the bottom level of Coruscant meant either you folded and checked out, be it through drug dealing, prostitution, petty crime or any other number of illicit affairs, or you or you did your best to just stay in the game for the next hand, all the while knowing everyone else at the table had a hidden ace up their sleeve and they?d just as soon put a slug between your eyes before they?d let you get what little of the pot was on the table. It was a lose-lose situation and I felt a great sorrow for those poor saps who had to suffer through a life of perpetual darkness -- for with the endless levels of skyscrapers above, there was never a chance of sun ? and thanked my lucky stars that I was able to live several levels above, where all I had to complain about was a paper cut from filing, a new computer program to learn, or at worst, how to fit three appointments into one remaining hour of the day.

As I walked along the darkened street, passing faces smeared with sooth and ash, a string of strange voices called to me from the shadows.

?Hey honey, whatcha say to some company??

?Spare a credit? Help a veteran out, huh??

?Get you nice girl, Mister? She love you long time.?

?Psst! In here! Real Nubian gold watches! Good deals!?

?Death sticks, goofballs. Come on, kid, take the ride of your life!?

I quickened my steps while keeping my eyes on the pavement before me.

As the voices continued behind and around me a hand reached out and tugged me back.

?Mister! Watch out!?

?Huh??

VWAAAAM! BRRREEEP BREEEEEEP!

An enormous street truck rumbled before me, its great size trembling the pavement beneath my feet and its horn blaring in warning that it damn near ran me over.

?You gotta look where you?re going!?

I turned around to find a young petite woman with an alluring glow in her eye.

?You?re gonna get yourself killed if you're not more careful!?

?Thanks,? I said slightly shaken from the incident.

She smiled evenly at me.

?You?re not from around here, are you??

?Oh, uh, no, no. I?m from the upper levels.?

I stared at her briefly. Though her hair was a frazzled and greasy and her skin was covered in grit, with her diminutive frame, rounded cheekbones, soft brown eyes and smile, she was a near dead ringer for Padme?s long lost twin. She was wearing a tight fitting black d

6. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 40: Shadow Play

?You seem kinda familiar, too,? I replied.

The cloaked stranger nodded then pounded his shot of whiskey.

?How about another?? he immediately asked.

?Uh, sure,? I said after taking a light sip of my own shot. The whiskey held little flavor but enough alcohol to remove paint.

As the barkeep arrived with my refilled beer, I instructed him to bring the stranger more whiskey.

As one might suspect, the thought that this man was Danok Trove, that he was quite possibly my father, was sprinting through my mind. But I didn?t want to seem overanxious and knew that if a man had never made contact with his son for twenty-five years that he must have had a reason for it. Delicately working my way towards the question was my plan. Of course I was also wondering if he already knew who I was and was simply being coy. Why else did he step in to save me from the ravaging Ricky?

?So? you a Jedi?? I asked innocently.

His second shot of whiskey arrived. He threw it back quickly.

?Me??

?Yeah,? I said looking straight ahead and staring at the liquor bottles which lined the counter. ?Only Jedi carry lightsabers don?t they??

He shifted his legs but said nothing.

?Guess I know a few things about them, which is why I ask. I uh, I work in The Temple. The Jedi Temple.?

?No kidding,? he said with little interest.

?Yeah, assistant to Master Windu.?

We both sipped from our drinks then I continued.

?And it?s funny because, I?m down here looking for a former Jedi. Not an assignment from The Temple or anything. Strictly something I?m curious about myself.?

?Is that right??

?Yeah. Looking for a guy by the name of Trove. Danok Trove.? I took my eyes off of the liquor bottles and turned to face him. ?Ever heard of him??

He looked away.

?Is that a yes or a no??

After a slight pause, during which I thought I heard him mumble something to himself, he faced me with a wry grin then tapped his empty shot glass. Assuming his intent, I called to the bartender to refill the stranger?s glass.

As the smoky brown booze was poured into the finger stained shot glass, I instructed, ?Just leave the bottle.?

?Yes sir, anything you say, sir,? the barkeep replied while the stranger chuckled.

?So? you ever heard of him?? I repeated.

?And who?d be asking if I did??

I sipped from my own whiskey.

?His son.?

Upon hearing such, he immediately poured himself another shot of whiskey, downed it, then another, downed it, then began pouring a third before simply drinking straight from the bottle. He chugged a good portion of the whiskey, placed it down with a loud thud, wiped his mouth and sat silent in thought.

?His son, huh,? he finally said.

?Yep.?

?And would that son be you??

I nodded. ?Sure would.?

He capped the bottle of whiskey.

?Well I?ll be a gundark?s uncle? Listen, I uh, yeah, maybe I can help you. That name?s kinda ringing a bell.? He stood with the bottle in his hand. ?Mind if I use the can before we get into it??

?No, of course not.?

As he stepped away, I continued sipping my whiskey when I checked my watch. It was getting late ? 1:50am. I had a feeling a long conversation was readying itself when the stranger returned from the bathroom and as I was a thirty minute tram ride from The Krok Halls, I wouldn?t be getting home until the early hours of the morn. With all the beer I?d had after work at The Asteroid Field, the wine in The Supreme Chancellor?s office and now the whiskey and beer in Shooter?s, I knew the following day was going to require lots of my patented coffee.

I finished off my whiskey and half my beer when I checked my watch again. It was now 2:08.

?Maybe he?s plugged up,? I offered.

?Another drink sir?? the bartender asked with continued humility.

?Umm, actually? Yeah, sure pour me another beer.?

Give him time, Pon, you probably just gave him the shock of his life.

After I finished my second beer, it was 2:20 and t

7. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Good chapters! I like how you portray the street life.

8. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Dally-- Glad you enjoyed the latest in Pon's little tale. My apologies for taking so long to get some chapters up, some other writing slowed my "Ponduction" down. Hopefully, such a delay won't occur again. In fact, Chapter 41 is being primed right now...

9. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 41: Speak Easy

?Why do you need to find that guy?? the young miss asked as we crossed the street. ?He is a Jedi, right??

?I?m not sure who he is. It?s a long story.?

?Ricky was pretty p.o.?d about getting his arm cut off.?

?I?m sure.?

?I think that?s why he kicked me out, even more than not sharing the wallet I found.?

?Found??

She frowned and threw her hands on her hips.

?Are you going to keep bringing this up??

?You?re the one who brought it up and I?m sorry, but I?d hardly say you ?found? my stinkin? wallet!?

?Sheesh, get angry over every little thing why dontcha? You?re gonna blow a gasket before you're thirty, you know.?

I sighed heavily.

?Look, just show me where this Calloway?s is, all right??

?Fine. I didn?t know it was against the law to ask you questions. I guess that?s how all you uppers feel about us bottom dwellers. Can?t even talk to us.?

I begrudgingly resigned myself to an even keeled demeanor. ?I?m sorry. Can you please show me where Calloway?s is.?

She began walking ahead of me at a quickened pace, mumbling inaudible comments to herself. Finally, we came to another bar at street level, looking like a carbon copy of Shooter?s only with a different sign.

?All right,? I said. ?Thanks a lot. Sorry for, well, whatever. Hope you and Ricky patch things up.?

?What, I can?t come in with you? Use me to find the place then you just ditch me?? She bit her lip and covered her heart as a tear started forming. ?I should have known.?

?Fine, fine. Come in.?

?Will you buy me a drink??

?Uhhh,? I grunted with heavy breath. ?Yes.?

She perked up and walked into Calloway?s with me.

Calloway?s, as the reader might suspect, was a complete dive. Its interior was made up of a few hazy orange lights hanging from the ceiling on loose wires, while four booths lined a side wall, five tables scattered across the floor and a bar ran the length of room, where the only patron in the place was currently sitting.

?There he is,? the young miss whispered. ?There?s your friend.?

?Look, I?m gonna go talk to him. It?s kinda personal, so, would you mind just waiting here for a minute.?

?But--?

?I?ll buy you a drink after I?m done talking, okay??

?Fine,? she said. ?Can I have some money for the jukebox??

?I just gave you thirty credits.?

?I don?t want to break a big bill for the jukebox.?

I got out my wallet and handed her three one credit pieces.

?There.?

Without thanking me, she turned and skipped to the jukebox. I shook my head and slowly walked up to the bar.

?Hello there,? I said to the stranger?s back. ?You uh, get lost coming out of the bathroom??

He remained motionless.

I called to the bartender. ?Double bourbon, please.?

?Comin? right up.?

I stood next to the stranger, patiently awaiting for him to talk. He adjusted his hood, sipped from his drink but remained speechless.

?There ya go, kid. Three credits.? I handed the bartender a five credit piece. ?Keep the change.? He winked and knocked on the countertop as a show of thanks.

I picked up my drink and looked back down at the stranger.

?Look, if you?re not ready to talk about this, that?s one thing. Maybe you need some time, I?ve got no problems with that. But ditching out on someone is pretty weak, don?t you think??

He said nothing. I took a sip of my bourbon, waiting for him to reply. As his silence continued, I put my glass down on the bar and gruffly noted: ?Then again, I guess running away is what you do best.?

Remaining still, he finally spoke.

?I don?t remember saying I was your father.?

?Then why did you save me tonight??

?Look kid, you?re obviously not from down here. So when I heard you say that girl stole your wallet, I figured you were telling the truth. I thought if I stepped in and got it back for you, you might buy me a drink. That?s the only reason I helped. You coulda been a Hutt and I would have done the same thing. Now, why don?t you get on hom

10. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Pon found himself a new girlfriend. Heh heh.

11. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Yes Dally, a new character has entered the story and Pon's life. Time will tell just how long she sticks around...

Working on Chapter 42...

12. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 42: Mr. Big Time

?I?m sorry,? I earnestly apologized as we stood outside of Calloway?s. ?I can?t take you home with me.?

?And why not??

?For one thing, like I?ve already told you, I pretty much have a girlfriend. How do you think she?d feel if she found out I had another girl staying with me??

She looked me square in the eye and matter-of-factly replied: ?Then don?t tell her.?

I emphatically shook my head. ?No. I don?t lie to Padme?. Our relationship has been built on mutual trust and respect, okay??

She bit her lower lip and frowned.

?I?m sorry. I'm not trying to be cruel or anything, that?s just how it is.?

She lunged at me with open arms. Holding me tightly, she began to plead. ?But what else am I gonna do? Please! You're my only hope!? She released herself from me and motioned to a junkie fixing himself beneath a nearby street lamp. ?You see how it is down here. And I don?t have no place to stay now. If you leave me, well?? She began tearing up. ?I just don?t know what'll happen to me.? She looked cautiously about us. ?And if I run into Ricky?? she gasped. ?My goose is cooked. He swore if he ever saw me again, he'd beat me silly with his arm.?

I brushed off some of the dirt that her embrace had left upon my jacket. I didn?t want to be the bad guy, but taking home a stray street walker? Sure, she had saved my life by pulling me out of the way from the oncoming truck and in her mind, a second by blasting Danok Trove in the back of the head as he held me at saber point, but where would she sleep? How long would she stay? What would Padme? say about it all?

?No, I understand,? she said defeated. ?You don?t want my type around. You?d rather see me suffer alone down here. I don?t blame you, I guess I?m not worth much. I?m no fancy girl like your other must be.?

She took a few steps then looked back, flashing the widest pair of puppy dog eyes I'd ever seen.

?Well, goodbye. Guess if you ever come back to see that guy I stopped from killing you, well, just look in the alleys, that?s probably where I?ll be. Doubt I?ll be alive, but, what do you care? And here I thought I was finally gonna get a chance to see the upper levels. Oh well, just my stupid thinking.?

With all that was going on in my life it really was the last thing I needed. But at the same time, I knew how tough life could be. I?d been kicked in the chops more than once by the cruel steel-toed boot of fate but there was always someone, a friend, my folks before they died, a Jedi, Padme?, and of course, The Supreme Chancellor himself to offer a hand to help me get back onto my feet. But who did she have? Could I turn my back on her like the rest of the galaxy had?

?Listen,? I said as she very slowly continued to walk away. ?Maybe you can come up for a little while. I mean, I don?t know, until you find some work or something.?

She spun around. Her face was beaming.

?Really? You mean it??

This is a mistake Pon? You know where nice guys finish, don?t you?

I parried the thought.

?Yeah, I do. But you've gotta follow the Naas house rules.?

?Oh thank you!? she hugged me again. ?You won?t regret it. You?re so good to me! I just knew from the moment we met that it was meant to be!?

?Well, it can?t be for good now. You gotta understand that. Like I said, if you wanna try and find a job up there or something? Maybe I can help you out for a bit, until you get on your feet.?

Mistake, Pon, big mistake?

As we rode in the dark tram back to The Krok Halls, the young miss gazed out the window with wide eyed amazement at every building, monument and landmark that we passed.

?Look at that!? she enthusiastically cheered repeatedly. "And the lights. They're so pretty. Are they always on?"

"Well, not during the day."

"The day? When does that come?"

That's right, she's never seen daylight...

I chuckled at her innocence when it struck me ? I didn?t even know her name.

?You know,? I said while she ogled a

13. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 43: Homecoming

?It?s a little messy,? I cautioned as we walked down the hallway to my apartment. ?I wasn?t exactly expecting company when I left tonight.?

?I don?t mind,? Angel said as she held onto my arm.

I slid my card through the lock and opened the door.

?Well,? I said, turning on a light, ?here it is.? I imitated the voice of an echoing sports announcer. ?The esteemed home of Coruscant?s highest ranking dignitary, Pon Naas, Naas, Naas? Heh heh.?

?It?s perfect!? she declared.

?How many other people live here??

?In the building??

?No, in here, in our house.?

?Well, there?s just me. It?s only a studio, after all. I?d like to move into a one bedroom someday, but??

She walked to the center of the room with her arms extended. Spinning around slowly she asked, ?You mean all of this? is ours??

?Yeah. I guess.?

She gasped with delight.

?I think I?m gonna cry,? she said, and she did. She came next to me and hugged me. ?I?m so happy, Pon. I?m so happy that I just don?t even know what to do.?

?Well,? I said pointing across the room, ?if you want to take a shower, it?s in there.?

?There?s a shower??

?Yeah, of course.?

She held me tighter. ?It?s so wonderful. Everything is so wonderful, Pon.? She looked up at me. ?I?ll have to use it tomorrow.?

?Uh, well,? I said, noticing her strong city stench was already beginning to thickly fume throughout the room. ?Why don?t you go ahead and use it now? I?ll get your bed ready while you get cleaned up. You can have the couch, I?ll hit the floor.? I looked over the dirtied, stained dress she was wearing. ?I?ve got some things you can wear, if you want. Just some sweats and tees, but they aren?t you know??

?What??

?Well, they?re a little cleaner is all.?

She blushed a thick crimson and shyly looked down while biting her thumbnail.

?Oh,? she said softly.

?I didn?t, I didn?t mean anything. I just, you know, want you to be comfy.?

She meekly smiled and nodded. ?Yeah.?

Oh good one, Pon. Break the poor girl?s heart why don?t you?

?Hey,? I said, patting her shoulder. ?Really, I like your dress. It?s nice. Like I said, I just want you to be comfy, especially your first night in your new place.?

?Really?? she asked with a quivering hope.

?Yeah, really.?

?Well? okay.?

?And hey,? I said trying to sound cheerful, ?are you hungry? I don?t have much, but I still have half a tube of Gundark meaty-bits.?

She reacted as if I had just said she?d won a two-thousand credit certificate to Frez Rocka.

?And I can have them? To eat??

?Heck yeah,? I said, wanting to continue to build her confidence up. ?I?ll make you a plate of what?s left while you shower.?

?It?s like a dream!?

?One plate of Gundark meaty-bits, comin? right up,? I said while saluting like a soldier. ?Heh heh.?

She smiled full and did a skip into the shower.

?Clean towel should be in the closet,? I called after her.

?Okay,? she said closing the door.

I went to the kitchen and removed the tube of Gundark meaty-bits from the freezer. Looking to the clock above the sink, the time read 4:54am.

Nice, Pon, you should get, oh? an hour of sleep if you?re lucky.

I fried up what was left of the meaty-bits over a low flame, seasoning them with salt, pepper and a little oregano. To my surprise, I found a quarter bottle of orange drink in the fridge and a chocolate chip cookie in the cupboard.

?Ah,? I thought aloud, ?bet Angel would love a cookie.?

I took a nibble of the cookie to sweeten my own tongue while scraping the meaty bits onto a plate. As I was washing a glass for the orange juice, Angel called from behind.

?That was amazing. I haven?t had soap in years.?

I turned from the sizzling meaty-bits to see her standing with one towel wrapped about her toned body and a second drying her thick brown locks. With all the layers of dirt, grease and grime cleaned from her skin, she looked positively stunning. Her likeness to Padme only

14. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Oh no, I missed a couple chapters. I'm not sure about Angel. I have some suspicions about her. Pon is going to be sorry, I think. But on the other hand, maybe he'll be happy with his Padme twin. Post more soon!

15. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 44: T.G.I.F.

I sat on the floor of my apartment as the rosy finger dawn broke, watching Angel as she slept comfortably upon my couch.

?So peaceful,? I mused amidst the morning shadows. ?So innocent.?

I stood and stretching my arms, yawned fully. It was 6:48 am and after a quick shower, would be time for me to catch the morning tram to The Temple. After Angel had fallen asleep, I was unable to join her in any dreamy bliss and instead pondered the week which was coming to a close and the diverse changes it had brought to my life. My new power, friendship with the Supreme Chancellor; discovery that Krank Naas was not my real father and meeting the man who perhaps was; the split from my friends Ariq Charles and Pizzant Pessent, as well as The Pessent?s jailing; Angel, and of course Padme. Most of all, Padme. As the memory of my first heart echoed in my mind, I looked to Angel, who had begun to snore with a congested, phlegmy wheeze and while again noting the similarities in appearance to Padme said softly, ?You are an angel in name, but the spirit of a true angel holds me in her capable wings this morn.? I wondered how Padme was doing on Naboo. I wondered what she was doing. Was she just waking? Maybe having breakfast? Reading the morning paper? And most importantly was she? thinking of me?

?My love,? I sighed. ?Return soon.?

In an emotional state of high romance, I entered the bathroom.

?Holy hell,? I complained upon opening the door. ?It smells like Bantha poodo in here!? The source of the stench was spread out on the floor; Angel?s dirtied black dress. ?My god!? I furthered as if a sulfurous poison was seeping into my pores. "That thing must be rotting!"

?I am sorry, Angel,? I mumbled. ?But that thing has got to go!" Its wicked odor continued to waft through the small room. "Merciful heavens, it's probably flamable!?

I stepped lightly out of the bathroom, walking to the kitchen where I took a trash bag from beneath the sink. As I reentered the bathroom, with an outstretched arm and held nose I picked up the dress -- which I found crawling with cockroaches -- and dropped it into the garbage bag.

She?s just gonna have to wear the sweats and a tee today.

I tied the bag tightly, tossed it next to the toilet and hopped in the shower.

After I dressed, I sat at my kitchen table and wrote Angel a brief note.

Angel:

Hope you slept well. I should be home around six. There?s not any food and I?m sorry about that. Drink all the water you want, though. Cups are above the sink. To use the holo-set, just hit the red button. Some of the channels are fuzzy, but I?m sure you?ll find something to watch. Sorry again about the lack of food, but I'll make it up to you and bring home dinner.

Have a good day,
    -Pon

I hurried out of Chauncy's Estates and found a street dumpster where I dispensed Angel?s soiled dress.

Feeling heavy-footed from a night of no sleep, I entered the transport station bleary eyed and yawning. As I stood on the landing platform with my fellow commuters waiting for the tram, I listened to a conversation which had been spoken with slight variations across Coruscant and the galaxy for the last several months.

?Sounds like we?re gonna get an army for The Republic.?

?It?s about time! Those Jedi do nothing but sit around on their collective arses drinking tea and polishing their lightsabers.?

?And what if it?s true what they about that Dooku! I read in the paper The Separatists might attack us directly!?

?Coruscant? Ah, you're dreaming. They might make trouble, but nobody?d ever dare to attack Coruscant!?

?Not yet at least. But if The Senate votes down that army, we won?t stand a chance if they do. I?ll tell you like I tell everyone, Palpatine?s the only one who wants to save our hides. He?s no pansy-foot like some of the other Chancellors we've had. He gets things done!?

The drums of war continued to sound through the collective voices of Coruscant?s citizen

16. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Pon thinks he's got it going on, but he's just trapping himself further.

I really can't predict where you are going to take this. It's an interesting story. I hope you post more soon.

17. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Dally -- Glad you're keeping up with Da Naas. Lots of story left and we're now just a few days from the opening of Episode 2, meaning the return of Anakin and Padme... More Pon soon, possibly by tonight (9/14).

18. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Dally -- Glad you're keeping up with Da Naas. Lots of story left and we're now just a few days from the opening of Episode 2, meaning the return of Anakin and Padme... More Pon soon, possibly by tonight (9/14).

19. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Cool. I will watch for it.

20. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 45: The Heist, Pt. 2

I walked to the front doors of the Jedi Temple, holding my phone in between my chin and cheek as I removed my i.d. from my wallet.

?Uh well, I?m just getting into the building now sir.?

I flashed my i.d. through the security scanner and entered the enormous, wide open foyer on the Jedi Temple?s first floor.

?Just getting into the building now?? he whined. ?I told you, I need those files, not excuses!?

Get a friekin? grip man! It?s 7:42, I?m here eighteen minutes early!

?Sorry, sir. But well uh, you know, I am on my way up to the office. I?m trying to get in as early as I can.?

I looked longingly towards the food court as the scent of deep fried meaty-cakes and fatty falafel breakfast barbecue bits wafted through the air.

?Early? After you were nearly caught yesterday, I?d say you?re getting in rather late.?

?No offense sir, but they don?t open the doors on the building until 7:30.?

?Then why weren?t you there at 7:30??

Sheesh!

?I had a long night, okay??

Those meaty-cakes smell divine?

"I had a long night, too, but you don't hear me whining!"

Oh yes I do!

He grumbled to himself then sharply ordered, ?I'm starting to wonder how seriously you take any of this! I guess you don't care that Padme' very well may die due to your lack of action!"

"Hey!"

"Silence! Call me immediately after you have retrieved the files.?

I took a breath.

?Yes sir.?

?Immediately after," he asserted again.

?O-KAY, sir.?

?So I expect to hear from you within the next ten minutes.?

I remained silent, becoming annoyed with his badgering. As much as I appreciated the Chancellor?s help and guidance, I was discovering that patience was most definitely not one of his better virtues.

?Ten minutes!? he repeated then hung up.

I put my phone back into my pocket and looked longingly towards the food court. "Hmm. Wonder if I have time for some falafel.?

The queue for the deep-fried falafel fatty breakfast combo was nine people deep, the line for the buttery-dough bits one less. I sighed loudly and softly cursing Palpatine, went to the elevator.

I entered the office and clocked in. Settling into my chair, I reclined and contemplated the second attempt at swiping files from Master Windu.

You sure you want to do this Naas? I mean, are you certain this is the right move to make? As my mind struggled with the question the image of a suffering Padme entered my mind. In a foggy haze she stood in a long red dress, calling to me, begging for help as tears streamed down her cheeks. But if I don?t do this, Padme could suffer. Heck, Master Windu probably won?t even miss the files. I? I can?t let anything happen to her. I can?t!

Realizing that I may be the only chance Padme had to survive whatever madness Palpatine believed Count Dooku was planning to assault her with, I stood and walked to Master Windu?s office door.

?Sorry Master Windu, but Padme is counting on me. And I can't dissapoint my love.?

As the doors whisked open, I strode with sure steps to his filing cabinet.

I gulped and opened the top drawer.

Get in and get out, Pon.

Reaching into my pocket for the envelope that contained the files Palpatine needed, a cold shiver ran down my spine as I grabbed hold of a ball of lint. Reaching into my other pocket, I found some crumbs and a wadded up piece of gum.

?Oh crap. Don?t tell me I lost the friekin? envelope!?

I reproached myself as all my pockets turned up empty. I honestly had no idea what I had done with the envelope and fully accepted the fact that I had likely thrown it away.

?Oh perfect. Now what??

I rubbed my hands through my hair and sighed, yet again.

I had no choice but to call Palaptine and take a certain tongue-lashing for my faux pas. I checked my holo-phone for his number.

?Oh right, it was ?Unknown,?? I said after going through the list of recent incoming calls. ?Great. Just

21. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Ugh, Pon's in for it now. I wouldn't really want to tick Palpatine off. The dream sequence is creepy. One note though, I think you mean "wary" in his mother's warning, not "weary."

22. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003
    Indeed, you do not want to make Palpatine's "s-list" and we'll see what the result of such means for young Pon!

Thanks for the word check, Dally!

The story will continue to heat up... two Jedi are about to return from a border dispute on Ansion and as we know from Episode 2, Pon's "first heart," will also be returning to the capital planet to vote on the military creation act...

23. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Just giving this a little up.

24. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 46: Daily Duties

I removed the manuscript for Master Windu?s memoirs from my desk when the office phone rang.

?Office of Jedi Master, Mace Windu. This is Pon speaking, how may I help you??

?Hello there,? a familiar voice sounded over the receiver. ?This is Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is Master Windu available??

?Oh, top o? the mornin?, Master Kenobi. He uh, he?s actually in a meeting with The Chancellor at the moment. May I take a message, sir??

?Yes, please. Let him know that I?ve returned from Ansion and wish to speak with him as soon as possible.?

?Sure thing. Would you uh, like me to set up an appointment for this morning??

?What does he have available?"

I scanned the holo-ledger.

?Well actually, sir, all morning is open, so you could come in anytime you?d like. I?m just not sure how long he?s going to be talking with The Chancellor.?

?Let?s shoot for ten o?clock.?

?Okay sir, I?ll mark you down.?

?We?ll see you soon, Dennis.?

?Uh, Pon.?

He laughed with a good natured chuckle. ?Blast me. I?m terrible with names. We?ll see you soon, Pon.?

?Looking forward to it, sir.?

After finishing my conversation with Master Kenobi, I stood and stretched, yawning loudly and feeling overly drowsy from the long night which had recently passed. Slowly dragging my knuckles across my desk, I contemplated my dream. What did Mom mean? And why did Jo Jo seem to be out of his friekin? gourd? Sure, he?d always be one to bang a pot or exhume a joyous cry from his bunny lungs, but never had I seen a look of devious, calculated spite within his eyes until my recent dreams. Was Jo Jo all right? And just what did it all mean?

And my love, where are you? Is the soft golden sun of Naboo keeping you safe within its warm, comforting rays? Return soon, my love. Return soon?

I went to the break room and poured myself a cup of coffee.

?Glad I made it extra stiff,? I remarked while cooling its top with an even blow. ?Ah, may as well have a cinnamon roll,? I furthered while picking one from the plate I had set out earlier. ?Mmm. Even a day old these are delicious.?

I took a gulp from my coffee, dipped in my roll then drank further from my cup.

?Ahh. Now that is a good cup o? Joe!

Feeling my batteries charging from the caffeine boost, I did a little skip-step back to my desk while singing a song from my youth. As I pranced with my eyes closed and in a semi-circle, I called:

Johnny O?Mally come round tonight, round tonight, round tonight.
    Johnny O?Mally brings beer in a stein, beer in a stein, beer in a stein.
    We all jump up from our stools and clap on time, clap on time, clap on time.
    Johnny O?Mally don?t mix whiskey and wine, whiskey and wine, whiskey and wine.
    Johnny O?Mally got Misses Shagney in a bind, Misses Shagney in a bind, Misses Shageny in a bind.
    Constable Finn caught him giving it to her from ?

?I didn?t know your assistant was a performer,? a droll Palpatine quipped.

Oh good one, Pon. They?re right behind you. Classes in Humiliation 101 will be taught this morning by your professor, Pon Naas.

Palpatine was looking towards me with reserved disgust while Master Windy simply chuckled.

?Trying out for a show?? the good natured Jedi asked.

?Heh heh. Sorry Master Windu. Must be the caffeine.?

Palaptine rolled his eyes.

?Thanks for keeping me informed, Chancellor,? Master Windu said facing Palpatine. ?I?ll bring your concerns before The Council.?

?Thank you, Master Windu.?

As the Jedi Master bowed, I sat at my desk, catching Palpatine?s direct glare.

Someone?s still angry?

?And I?ll contact Masters Yoda, Mundi and Koon about that meeting. Monday afternoon??

?Very well,? Palpatine remarked. He bid Master Windu a good morning and began to exit.

?Oh,? he said, turning back to me. ?Almost took this cup with me.? He looked directly into my eyes. ?I left a napkin in it. Be sure to remove it and dispense it.?

I nodded.

He held his glare whi

25. Tiny

Jun 12, 2003

Chapter 47: Showdown

I held the phone away from my ear as Palpatine continued to throw a bevy of curses my way, as if I was a galaxy wide plague that had taken his farm, family and friends. Finally, when I could hear nothing but his heavy, irritated breathing, I put the phone back to my ear and said, ?Sorry,? again.

?Well that?s not going to get that napkin back, is it?? he immediately moaned. A second tongue lashing commenced. I put the receiver down on my desk and started shuffling Master Windu?s manuscript until the nasally drone of the Supreme Chancellor came to its second pause.

?How about just telling me now?? I said picking the phone back up. ?I mean, what?s the big difference between me getting it on that napkin or you just telling me? I mean, sheesh.?

There was a long silence. I could be wrong, but I got the feeling that such a simple solution never entered his mind. Palpatine was the sort of person who just loved to complain.

He grunted and growled, mumbling that one day I would discover his true power and then I could ?sheesh,? until the cows came home.

?It?s the principal behind it,? he eventually stated. ?Of course I can just tell you the names of the files, but I?d like to think you?re not so dimwitted that you might actually take a blasted hint when it?s served to you on a platter of blatancy and garnished with flashing obviousness my young apprentice!?

?No offense, Chancellor, but you sure are getting awfully huffy. I mean,? I paused, almost saying ?sheesh,? and changed direction. ?It?s like, come on, you know? I thought I was doing you a favor.?

?Need I remind you again of the money??

He?s never gonna let me forget that.

?Well look. I still have a good chunk of that money. And I get paid on Tuesday. Maybe I should just pay you back and we can call it good. Like I keep saying, I?m hardly having an easy time with this as it is. I can?t imagine what Master Windu would do if he ever found out. Every time I talk to him, I feel more and more guilty about just considering such a thing.?

?I see. So in actuality you don?t care about Padme, do you? You don?t care about the fate of our great Republic??

?I care about both. But I also care about Master Windu. If those files are so important, why don?t you just ask him if you can see them? He cares about The Republic as much as anyone I?ve ever met.?

He reverted to his soft-speaking, considerate self. ?Pon, my friend. I thought I?d made it clear. Quite clear, that Master Windu and Count Dooku were very good friends. You must understand that I feel as terrible about using such subterfuge, especially on so revered a Jedi as Master Windu. However, in life we can?t always play by the stated rules if we wish to succeed. I know that must sound contrary to what you?ve been taught, but take it from me, I didn?t become Supreme Chancellor by following the book. Do you understand?? His Jekyll and Hyde act continued. ?Forgive my outburst. You know I am only seeking the best for the galaxy? for Padme and I?m afraid my temper sometimes gets the best of me when I?m unable to serve them both to the fullest of my capacity. But I am beginning to grow very tired of this cat and mouse game with you. You?ve promised to obtain the files and I?ve warned, or rather, I?ve told you, I don?t care to ask for a favor more than once.?

A bold feeling began to rise in me. And yet, I was in total control of my thoughts. A pulsing energy rushed through my veins; my power seemed to be focusing itself and instead of coming to a boiling point of wrath, it was washing warmly over my body and mind, as if I was being held by the summer songs of the nectar fairies of Endor.

Center, Pon. Focus, my mind instructed. Something about this just isn?t right and you know it! Steady? Steady?

?I?m sorry sir. But if you want those files, you?re going to have to ask Master Windu if you can see them. I won?t be a part of this game anymore.?

?Oh you won?t?? He cackled, immediately shif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.