main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Betrayals, Conflicts...and Love (JA, AU) - Updated 28/7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediClare, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Warning: spoilers for the Jedi Apprentice series.

Let's start with emotional torture first. :D [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

x Clare x

< > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < >

Qui-Gon stared through the transparisteel wall into the next cell. The guards had gone into their original cell and taken Jan away to 'see the Shi'ido'. Then they put him in his present cell with the transparent wall. They had loaded Obi-Wan with a Force-suppressant, and dragged him into the adjacent cell.

Where he was now being strapped to a large, black machine with wires connecting to it everywhere. He struggled, but the combined might of five Drancor guards was too much for him.

Qui-Gon could sense Obi-Wan's fear, bordering on panic, at being cut off from the Force. He tried to send reassurance to him but failed.

He returned his attention to the scene behind the wall. He was sure he wouldn't like what was going to happen.

He wasn't wrong.

A mechanized arm extended from the black machine, injected Obi-Wan with a brownish liquid, and withdrew. Moments later, his eyes shut and was to all appearances, asleep.

One guard flipped a switch. Nothing happened, but the guards seemed unconcerned. In fact, they were watching Obi-Wan's limp form with something resembling glee on their faces.

Seconds passed, and still nothing happened.

Then Obi-Wan twitched.

Over their bond, Qui-Gon could sense loneliness, sorrow, guilt and a dozen other emotions assaulting his Padawan.

He saw the images and feelings running through Obi-Wan's mind.

An image from the time when he had fought Bruck at the Temple at the top of the waterfall. The brush of Bruck's fingertips against his. The image of his rival's body as it bounced on the rocks at the bottom.

If only I had leapt forward more quickly. Obi-Wan's thoughts echoed across the bond.

An image of Bant as he had seen her after Xanatos kidnapped her, underwater, deprived of oxygen.

If only I had not spoken unkindly to her.

An image of Cerasi on Melida/Daan, killed by a blaster shot. An image of him getting there too late.

If only I had run faster, moved more quickly.

An image of Tahl speaking with Qui-Gon with her dying breath.

If only I had not slowed Qui-Gon down.

Image after image flitted across his mind, seen by Qui-Gon via their bond. Each image was accompanied by an emotion. Loneliness. Regret. Guilt. Sorrow.

No, Obi-Wan. You are not alone. You were not to blame, Qui-Gon wanted to say. But Obi-Wan could not hear him. Not through the Force, not through the wall that separated the both of them.

So how was that bit of Obi-emotional-torture?

2. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Awww... I think Obi needs a hug! :D

I saw Harry Potter!! Yay!

Anyway, more soon please! :)

3. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Awwww! :_| Poor Obi! KenobisGirl is right! He needs a hug!!!

4. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    (takes deep calming deaths) (quiet and deadly)Did I ever mention how I only truly HATE...bigots. (fingers sabre)Well I really don't like these reptiles, but was willing to give them a chance to show their side of the story.
    That was before they started torturing Obi. Emotionally. (voice rising) Just when he was starting to lose his insecurity. (pause)
    Who else wants a pair of snake-skin boots?
    [face_devil]
    Update soon. You're going great so far...

5. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
  6. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Even my mum has a sense of humor. :D I commented that Obi-Wan in ANH, at fifty-seven-years old, looks much older than Qui-Gon at sixty-five. She said it was because he had Anakin as his apprentice. [face_laugh]

My sister is listening to and singing Westlife again. Westlife isn't too bad, but my sister isn't the best singer in the world, so it can be a little distracting. :D

So I say a little prayer, and hope my dreams will take me there, where the skies are blue, to see you once agaaain, my love...

Ahem. Sorry for digressing.

Warning: More spoilers for the JA books.

Here you go. More emotional torture. Obi-Wan's gonna need more hugs. :D [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

x Clare x

Obi-Wan was suspended in a void. He was floating in absolute darkness, with no feeling, no sound, no sight, no Force. A tiny part of him was aware of being strapped to a machine, but that part was soon consumed by the blackness.

The darkness penetrated his mind, filled it, blanked every thought out.

Then the images appeared, images he wished he could forget, yet would never be able to.

One by one, Bruck, Bant, Cerasi, Tahl, countless people surfaced in his mind. His mind flinched as each image appeared. He wanted to turn away, but the darkness wouldn't let him. The darkness forced him to concentrate on nothing else but the images.

I'm sorry, he said to each and every one of them, but they were only memories. For many of them, it was too late for him to apologize, to make amends.

Nield's voice. "You should have been watching her, protecting her, not rushing into situations trying to save strangers like a...Jedi!"

I'm sorry.

Qui-Gon, hit by blaster fire. He fell backward into the interior of the bounty hunter's ship just as the ramp closed and the ship shot away.

I'm sorry I couldn't help.

Qui-Gon, weak from being tortured by Jenna Zan Arbor.

I'm sorry, Master. I should have worked faster to find you. You needn't have suffered so much. I'm sorry.

>< >< >< >< ><

Qui-Gon smashed a fist into the unyielding wall, his anger building with each moment that his Padawan was kept on that nightmare machine.

I'm sorry, Master. I should have worked faster to find you. You needn't have suffered so much. I'm sorry.

It wasn't your fault! You did what you could!

The Drancors weren't content with tormenting Obi-Wan with the truth. They laughed each time Obi-Wan twitched on the black, glossy surface. Now the same guard who had activated the machine flipped another switch. Qui-Gon tensed in anticipation of another mental horror.

Slowly, the mechanical being searched through Obi-Wan's mind, digging up his deepest fears.

>< >< >< >< ><

Obi-Wan's mind was numb from the endless stream of images. The first few had triggered such a wave of emotion that another fifty more didn't matter.

A darkness, different from the one he was in, entered his mind.

Get out!

The different darkness paid no heed. Methodically, it invaded his memory, his sub-conscious, his privacy.

Get out!

It found what it wanted.

Get out now!

The images ceased, but were replaced by something far worse.

Suddenly, he was twelve again, on board a ship, headed for yet another planet where Agri-Corps wanted him to be. He had asked, pleaded with, even begged, Master Qui-Gon Jinn to take him as his Padawan, but his efforts had been in vain. Master Jinn had adamantly refused. As he, his twelve-year-old self, gazed around and found not one familiar face, he felt utterly alone.

Then he was thirteen, on Gala. He remembered nothing, save a few scraps of memory. He remembered a tall, bearded man with long hair, and he remembered that he knew this man, and longed for his trust, but seldom got it. He trudged through the streets of Gala, avoiding contact with the people with the funny bluish skin. He tried desperately to recall more. He knew

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

POOR OBI!! I'll give you hugs! *Jacinta collpases, sobbing, towards Obi-Wan, but is held back by the wall that defines FF characters and the FF writers. she beats her fists against it.*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! OBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those stupid *beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep* ALIENS!!!!!!!

*Jacinta collapses to the floor, crying hysterically*

Oh, and by the way, good post, I like! Post lotsa more!

8. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    OBI!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Huggles him*

More soon please! :_| *Sob*

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! OBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those stupid *beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep beepity beepity beep beep beep beepity beep beepin beeps beepity beep* ALIENS!!!!!!!

jenny also collapses to the floor, crying hysterically*

pleaseee give us moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

10. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    What a horribly wonderfully angst filled story.... just the way I like 'em!!!!!!

11. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Haven't been posting, 'cos I've been grounded from the computer. :_| :( :_| :(

I was thinking of going on to the physical torture [face_devil] but if you want more emotional torture I'll try to do up another post with it. Not now, because it's in the afternoon over here and I can't think of anything. I do posts better at around midnight. Yes, I know I'm weird. :D

x Clare x

12. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks everyone :)

More than a week since the last post. Bleargh.

I hope I got Bruck's brother's name right.

x Clare x

Warning: Spoilers for some of the JA books.

Force, Qui-Gon hated that transparent wall.

>< >< >< >< ><

The door swung open and the group of guards entered. Taking one look at Obi-Wan, the leader, Ssthess, hissed an order to another two guards, an order they were more than happy to carry out, to judge by the looks on their reptilian faces. Pulling Obi-Wan to his feet, they roughly pushed him into Qui-Gon's cell.

"Obi-Wan!" Qui-Gon rushed forward, but was stopped by the Drancors, his arms pinned to his sides by their crushing grips. Half-carrying him, they moved toward the door.

"No."

The whisper was so soft, none of them would have heard it if not for the unnatural silence of the interrogation block.

"Don't do anything to him."

"Why ssshhhouldn't we?" Ssthess taunted him.

"Do anything you want to me. Just don't hurt my Master." Blue-gray-green eyes, reddened by crying, looked pleadingly at the Drancor.

"Obi-Wan - "

"Master, I've allowed you to be hurt too many times before. I won't let that happen to you again." Obi-Wan's voice was stronger and clearer now, filled with determination.

"Obi-Wan, you couldn't have - "

"No. You'vvve been on ERMONG already, there'sss no fun putting you on it again," Ssthess said, forked tongue flicking in and out of his mouth.

"If you don't want to put me on it, you can do something else, as long as you don't hurt my Master."

"Obi-Wan, don't - "

"Put the boy back on," the Drancor said, watching Qui-Gon's reaction.

The anguish that settled across the Jedi's features convinced him that he had made a good decision.

He ordered a guard to give the tall human Force suppressant, just in case he became violent.

>< >< >< >< ><

Qui-Gon's Force sense was blinded by the Force suppressant, but he didn't need it to know what Obi-Wan was going through. Seeing and hearing him twitch and whimper on the machine the Drancors called ERMONG, Qui-Gon's heart broke.

>< >< >< >< ><

Obi-Wan dreaded the darkness, but he did not fight it this time. Better him than Qui-Gon.

ERMONG dug deeper into his mind.

He was on trial, charged with the murder of Bruck Chun. The hatred in Kad Chun's eyes was hard to face. The guilt, buried deep down long ago, bubbled up again like acid.

Why do you still feel so guilty? ERMONG asked.

Why? Obi-Wan asked himself.

Why did you feel so guilty for something you were innocent of? Why do you still feel guilty for something you know you did not do?

Why?

I know why. So do you.

Why?

I don't know, he answered himself.

You know, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You know why. Only you refuse to face it. You deny yourself the truth.

I really don't know, Obi-Wan said, confused.

Oh, you know, Obi-Wan. You refuse to see it simply because you do not want it to be true.

What?

You could have called on the Force to help you reach Bruck more quickly, but you didn't, did you, Obi-Wan? Do you think your hate prevented you from saving him?

I didn't hate him.

Are you so sure, Obi-Wan? Can you honestly say that you had never hated him, not even once?

No, Obi-Wan admitted.

Think about it, Obi-Wan. He was your rival. He called you Oafy-Wan. He never gave you the respect you deserved. He was your enemy. Your hated enemy.

The scene before his eyes dissolved into another.

He was pressed up against a familiar door. The door had an open circle on it. He realized where he was.

Bandomeer.

You remember what happened here, Obi-Wan? Yes, of course you do. You were prepared to sacrifice yoursel

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek: Nooooooo!!! Post MORE!!! So much angst and so little mush! Poor Obi! :_|

Love this JediClare! :D

14. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    sniff....sniff....*Jacinta tries valiantly not to cry, but finally gives up*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

DON'T LISTEN TO IT OBI!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

sniff.....sniff.....sniff.....more?.....sniff...please?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

15. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Wow. Poor little Obi-wan always self-sacrificing. :_|

16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Ginger - Thank you! :)

Jacinta - There, there. Obi-Wan is strong, he'll recover. (Hopefully. [face_devil])

padawan3 - All the better for us Obi-torture lovers. He can put himself into torture situations for our entertainment. :D

Here's the next post.

x Clare x

Ssthess' comlink buzzed. He answered it and a stream of hisses issued from it. Acknowledging the orders with a curt hiss, he switched the 'link off and opened the door of the cell to reveal Thiss and Tyan.

"I'm taking the two Jedi to my shuttle," the latter announced.

"Where isss your proof?" Thiss demanded.

Tyan produced a small holo-projector. She turned it on to show a hologram of a bloodied, bruised and unconscious Jan. "Satisfied?"

Qui-Gon's blood froze. That traitorous Sithspawn...

Obi-Wan stared at the projection. It's your fault, Kenobi, a little voice in the back of his mind said.

I didn't do anything! His thought lacked conviction.

Precisely. You didn't do anything to help her.

The guilt stabbed him in his gut.

"Good," Thiss said. "But you will only take the older one. I want to finissshhh the job with the boy."

"I will take the both of them."

"You have yet to givvve usss the information we ssseek. Until we havvve reccceivvved that information, we will keep the boy."

A pause. "Then bring the Master to my shuttle. I will wait for him there."

"Tyan," Obi-Wan called out, but no sound emerged from his throat. He tried again. "Tyan."

She half-turned. "What is it?"

"Please don't hurt Qui-Gon."

Tyan looked at him with an unreadable emotion in her eyes. She smiled, then was gone.

>< >< >< >< ><

Qui-Gon would have traded places with Obi-Wan at any time. At least Tyan was - no, had been - a Jedi. She had some discipline and compassion. There was no telling what the Drancors would do to his Padawan.

A guard punched him hard on the side of his head. "Human ssscum," she spat as she left the shuttle with the other guards.

Qui-Gon waited for his vision to stop spinning. "Izban," he said coldly.

"The effects of the Force suppressant they gave you should be wearing off soon," Tyan said.

Qui-Gon said nothing, just glared at her.

"I'm sorry."

"Save your sorrow. I don't want it."

"Let me explain. I had no choice at that time. We needed a way out of that situation, and this was the only way I could think of. So I pretended to sympathize with them and gain their trust. I could use the Drancors' trust to get Jan, Obi-Wan and you out of this place. I managed to get Jan and you out, once we get Obi-Wan out we can return to Coruscant. They can send other non-humans for this mission. I'm sorry for misleading all of you."

"How do you expect me to believe you after what you've done to Jan?"

"I didn't do anything to her." As if to prove Tyan's words, Jan stepped out from her cabin, rubbing her eyes sleepily. "Qui-Gon?"

Qui-Gon saw that she was healthy and uninjured.

"Then what...?"

"Jan created that little hologram for me. She's pretty good with mechanical stuff," Tyan said, a faint tone of pride in her voice.

"Why didn't you use the Force to let us know earlier? Especially Jan."

"I don't have a strong enough bond with Jan yet. And I needed you to act stunned and betrayed, otherwise the Drancors wouldn't have fallen for it."

"Master, where's Obi-Wan?" Jan asked.

"The Drancors refused to release him to me. We're going to have to think of another way to get him out," Tyan replied.

"Fast," Qui-Gon said.

17. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    I sense Obi-torture coming....

*Jacinta laughs evilly. Obi-Wan comes out to look at her*

Obi:Wait, just 5 minutes ago, you were crying for me, now you're excited that I'm going to be tortured?"

Jacinta: Yep! You've seen me write Obi-torture, why don't you believe me? Get in there before I.....

*Obi-Wan runs inside story again, mumbling something about JediClare maybe not being as horrible to him as Jacinta....and his own sister, no less!!!*

Are we moving on from emotional? I love it, but I am SOOOO ready for a dose of good Obi-torture.

18. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Ohohohohohohohoh!!!!

This is sooooo good! I haven't read this for a while and... WOW! You're really good at Obi-torture JediClare.

More soon, please.

~Swede :p

19. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Yes! Rescue Obi! Don't leave him for too long to face his 'inner demons'!!!

Very good emotional torture Clare! :D

20. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    JediClare you're right about that helping Obi torture ;)

This is my analogy of Obi torture. It's like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop.

21. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you so much! :)

x Clare x

P.S. NOT 'QUEEN OF MY HEART' AGAIN!!! *mutters* How many times has she been playing it ever since she got the 'World Of Our Own' disc...

Obi-Wan was glad that Qui-Gon had gone with Tyan for exactly the same reason that caused Qui-Gon to wish to trade places with Obi-Wan.

The little voice was still there. Your precious Master abandoned you, Kenobi.

The guards administered another dose of Force suppressant and dragged him out to another cell. Heavy manacles crusted with what looked suspiciously like dried blood were locked around Obi-Wan's wrists and ankles.

Ack! I don't have enough time to finish the post! *Grumbles about bedtime being way too early* :mad: Sorry!

22. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    ach! poor obi!

Hey, I was looking at this, and though I think it might be overused, Betrayal or something like that sounds like a good title for this.

23. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Short but sweet Clare! :)

Ugh...Westlife... *pats Clare's shoulder*

24. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Jacinta - Thanks for the title suggestion :) The title is now 'Betrayals, Conflicts and Love'.

Ginger - Thanks :) Westlife is okay but hearing it over and over and over again can be a little...too much. :D

Here's the whole post - with Obi-torture. [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

Obi-Wan was glad that Qui-Gon had gone with Tyan for exactly the same reason that had caused Qui-Gon to trade places with Obi-Wan.

The little voice was still there. Your precious Master abandoned you, Kenobi.

The guards administered another dose of Force suppressant and dragged him into another cell. Heavy manacles crusted with what looked suspiciously like dried blood were locked around Obi-Wan's wrists and ankles.

Like Sith he did.

Ssthess unfurled a long whip. He dipped it into a box and pulled it out. The entire length of the whip glittered, from its well-polished metal tip to the smallest salt crystal.

Obi-Wan involuntarily clenched his jaw. He knew what was about to come.

What Master would leave his Padawan to suffer alone?

The crack of the whip echoed loudly in the confined space. Obi-Wan felt the whip bite into his chest. An instant later, the pain struck.

He crashed to his knees, held up only by the durasteel around his wrists.

He...didn't...

The rest of his reply was lost as he was rendered incohorent by the snake-like piece of leather which descended onto his chest and stomach again.

And again.

And again.

>< >< >< >< ><

Qui-Gon collapsed, pain roaring through his restored Force-sense. Only Tyan's quick reflexes prevented his head from hitting the floor, saving him from a severe headache. He didn't bother to thank her. His mind was already racing along the bond he shared with Obi-Wan.

For a moment Qui-Gon saw what Obi-Wan saw, heard what he heard, felt what he felt.

>< >< >< >< ><

There was a short pause as Ssthess re-salted the whip and handed it to another guard so that he could rest his arm, then the whipping resumed in earnest.

You deserve this for letting Cerasi die. You deserve this for letting Bruck die. You deserve this for letting Tahl die. You deserve the pain you're in, Kenobi.

For once, Obi-Wan agreed with the little voice.

>< >< >< >< ><

Qui-Gon retreated from Obi-Wan's mind after futile attempts at easing his pain, the agony always breaking his concentration,

"Qui-Gon, what is it?" Tyan asked in concern.

"They're torturing Obi-Wan. The worst thing is, he feels like he deserves it."

"What?!" Tyan's face registered shock.

"Before you came, they put him on a droid-machine. It showed him past images and feelings. It dug up a lot of guilt and pain he'd felt over the past two years. Now he feels like he deserves the whipping he's getting." Qui-Gon rubbed his hands over his face.

"Force," Tyan whispered. "How could anyone do that to anybody?"

"We're getting him out of that place at the first opportunity. I'm not leaving him there longer than I can help it." Hardened resolve shone in Qui-Gon's eyes.

>< >< >< >< ><

The whip cracked one more time on Obi-Wan's already torn flesh, then was still. There was a series of metalic clinks as the manacles were unlocked, then Obi-Wan slumped to the ground, his throat raw from screaming. The stone floor felt cool against his cheek, a small relief from the fire on the rest of his body.

Master...

He won't come for you, Kenobi. You're just an annoyance to him. You're the Padawan he never wanted. The Padawan nobody else wanted, the little voice mocked as he sank into blessed oblivion.

25. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    The pain to your readers on these cliffs. Must ..have... more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.