main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Betrayals, Conflicts...and Love (JA, AU) - Updated 28/7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediClare, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I think it's excellent! Hope you update soon!

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    More!!! Post soon!!

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Woo-hoo! Past the hundred-post mark! Thank you very much everyone! :) :) :) :) :)

x Clare x

4. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    No, thank you. ;)

I wonder what will happen next...

5. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    *Glances at watch*
    *Taps feet*

*Mumble grumble*

6. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Finally! A break from battling Darth Homework to post - at 10.45pm. :D

BTW, this post takes place while Obi-Wan is still unconscious after his whipping. Sort of tells what happened with Tyan, Qui-Gon and Jan while he was unconscious in the med center.

< > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < >

Ssthith's poisonous green eyes flickered to the ivory-and-black hilt, then returned to focus on Tyan's face.

"Ressst asssured we will not do such a thing. Unlike humansss, we are honourable beingsss, and we treat our alliesss with ressspect," Ssthith stated.

Tyan was impressed with his ability to keep the fear radiating off him from his voice. "Good. It would be a pity to destroy capable leaders such as you." She moved towards the building.

"Where are you going?" Thiss hissed.

"The sooner I get my information, the sooner will the humans on Shandav cease to exist. I wish to find out about this interesting building. What better way than to see it with my own eyes?"

Thiss said something to Ssthith in the Drancor language.

"If you have anything to say in front of me, say it so that I can understand it. Unless, of course, you have something to hide."

"No, we havvve nothing to hide," Ssthith said hastily before Thiss could stop him. "My ssssecond-in-command merely sssuggested that we ssshhhould increassse the number of guards while you are touring the interrogation headquartersss."

"Why? In case I attack and free the humans imprisoned within?" Tyan challenged.

Thiss' mind worked quickly to think of a reply. "The humansss might ssstage a breakout while you are there, and attack you. The guardsss will be for your protection," she said.

"I'm flattered at how important I am," Tyan said sarcastically, leaving no doubt in the Drancors' minds that she knew Thiss did not trust her.

There was no reply from either of them. Tyan strode into the building, memorizing the position of the doors and their security locks. Ssthith hurried along beside her, answering her questions. Thiss was there to personally keep an eye on her.

Tyan reached out with her senses to find the hidden security holocams. For a moment, she wished Jan were with her. Her Padawan would have been able to find the holocams much more easily.

"What does this door lead to?" she asked. This was the door where she had been led to when she had demanded the release of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to her. It was labelled in Drancor writing, like the other doors, and was a nondescript white. There was nothing special about it, except that there was a holocam monitoring it, and the Jedi could sense strong traces of guilt and other emotions behind the door.

"It isss the ERMONG room. It isss one of our best machinesss for interrogating humansss," Ssthith said proudly.

"How does it work?"

"It isss a droid-machine. The human is givvven an injection that makesss him unresssponsssive. ERMONG then sssearchesss through hisss mind and ssshhhowsss him what he fearsss mossst. That is the basssic ssstage. ERMONG ssshhhowsss the human what could havvve been in the sssecond ssstage. In the most advanced ssstage, it talksss to the human and leadsss him to doubt himssself and hisss friendsss. It hasss been 100% effective ssso far," Ssthith said. "The young Jedi human hasss been put on it, and he hasss resssponded...well to it," he added.

Anger and outrage welled up in Tyan. "Good. Good," she said, and continued down the corridor.

Apparently she hadn't hidden her emotions as well she'd thought she did, because Thiss' tail jerked and twitched angrily.

>< >< >< >< ><

Clink.

Qui-Gon came out of his short meditation. His Padawan was unconscious, that was all he could tell.

Jan was bending down from her chair, retrieving the dropped part which had caused the sound. Strewn over the table were more parts and a small unfinished droid.

She looked up. "I'm sorry for disturbing you, Master Qui-Gon," she apologized.

Qui-Gon shook his head. "It's all right."

Jan

7. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Oh, no!! More soon!

8. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    He will be injured very badly later on? Ooooo, goody!!!!! Great post! :)

More soon please! :D

9. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Shamelessly upping this. :D

Has anyone ever had the problem of knowing what you want for one of the posts near the end and not for the next one? [face_frustrated]

x Clare x

10. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Yep....Sorry...hope you get over it soon, cause I need more.

11. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Great ending! Nice closure. :D

(Sorry, that was actually meant for later... but I just didn't know what to write in the meantime. ;) )

12. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Up! Come on, we need more story!!!!! :D

13. RisingAdela

RisingAdela Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
  14. blueangel

blueangel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2001
    C O O L S T O R Y !!!!!!!

I love Obi torture!!!! You did a great job!!!
    You charakterize the boy well!!!
    Can´t wait for more!!!!
    ba ;)

( Hope Qui-Gon will act soon!!! )

15. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Uppity!! I think Obi's due for a beating, Clare! Don't you think? ;)

16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks everyone for the replies and the ups. :)

ba - Hi, welcome, and thanks very much! [face_blush]

Here's the next post.

Obi-Wan's presence became clearer, sharper in Qui-Gon's Force sense. He was awake.

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon sent, trying to communicate with his Padawan. He did not expect an answer, and he did not get one. Obi-Wan, cut off from the Force by the Force suppressant, could neither hear nor reply him.

Qui-Gon followed Obi-Wan through the maze of corridors with their unreadable and misleading signs.

He watched as Obi-Wan found Work Sector Four-One-Three, and breathed each breath loaded with anger as the supervisor jabbed Obi-Wan with the electric end of the force-pike, nearly cutting into the teenager's flesh with the sharp blade.

Obi-Wan worked alongside the other humans, and Qui-Gon wished Tyan would hurry.

>< >< >< >< ><

Tyan arrived at the open-air work sectors. Here she saw humans put to work as slaves.

"Thisss isss Sssector Zero-One-Fivvve," Ssthith said, indicating it with a wave of a gray hand. "The Zero-Hundredsss and One-Hundredsss sssectorsss," he gestured to other fenced-off areas of land, "are lessss tiring. The weaker ssslavesss are put there. The Four-Hundredsss sssectorsss are for the ssstrongessst or mossst troublesome slavesss. The boy has been put there."

Tyan felt the familiar worry for Obi-Wan, but pushed it aside for the moment. She could not let it dictate her actions.

There were all types of humans in the Zero and One-Hundreds sectors. Young children, old men, old women, and even sick people, who coughed and wheezed painfully as they toiled.

As Tyan watched, a girl who looked around Jan's age made the mistake of walking too close to the electric fence. Her sweat-soaked sleeve brushed against it, and a current of electricity ran up her sleeve and to her body. She let out an agonized cry and fell to the ground.

One of the men heard her cry and spun around. "Jen!" he shouted and dashed towards her.

Tyan flinched at the similar-sounding name. Her action did not go unnoticed by Ssthith or Thiss.

The supervisor of Work Sector Zero-One-Five lashed out with his whip. The slim length of leather wrapped around the father's ankles, sending him crashing face-first to the muddy ground.

"You get back to work," he hissed at the man.

Jen's father raised himself up from the mud, supporting himself with his arms. He lifted his head and spitted the Drancor with a murderous glare. His hate and fury blazed like a fire in his eyes, visible through the mask of mud on his face.

The supervisor ignored it. He flicked his wrist and the whip unfurled from the man's ankles.

The human sprang to his feet and charged at the supervisor.

The Drancor held out his force-pike, the blade away from him, at the last possible moment. Unable to stop in time, Jen's father ran straight into the dark gray blade. He stiffened in shock and pain, then went limp as his eyes clouded over in death.

The supervisor casually withdrew the metal blade, red blood dripping from it, then looked around, challenging the other slaves to attack him. All the humans cast their eyes down or kept them on their work. No one dared to meet the Drancor's gaze with their own, lest it be seen as a hostile gesture.

Having once more established his superiority, the Drancor turned his attention to the young girl lying in a puddle of muddy water.

"Get up and work," he commanded. The small figure struggled valiantly with weak muscles to get up, but only managed to raise her head.

Jen saw her father lying face down in the mud and stared blankly, not comprehending what had happened.

Then she caught sight of the bloody, gaping hole in her father's body and pain, pain that a ten-year-old should never experience, entered her eyes.

"Daddy!" she found the strength to shriek. By willpower alone, she got to her feet and staggered towards the lifeless body. She collapsed over her father's body, sobbing.

17. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    :_| Poor little girl. :_| More soon please.

18. blueangel

blueangel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2001
    Oh this is sad, poor girl,poor humans!!!
    Qui-Gon is in a **** position, he sees everything, but is not able to interact :(
    Can´t wait for more!!!
    ba

19. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor little girl! I think she needs a hug!

More soon please! :D

20. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ohhh.....*sniff* Poor Jen...dumb idiots!!!! GRR!!!

21. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ohhh.....*sniff* Poor Jen...dumb idiots!!!! GRR!!!

22. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Oh, the lady in green weeps for you... ;)

You know JediClare, there's a mean streak in you that I haven't seen for a long time... please cut down on the homework. :p

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Looks at clock::

I am demented.

:D

P.S. Lady in green? ?[face_plain]

"Work Sectorsss Four-Hundredsss," Ssthith said as they rounded a corner. Now even Ssthith was paying extra attention to whatever Tyan did.

Tyan was horrified by the sight before her eyes. There were few women here. The supervisors constantly used their force-pikes on the humans without any reason at all, except for their entertainment. When the humans collapsed, the Drancors would continue to prod them, and even cut and whip them until they got to their feet and carried on with their mindless work.

She smiled and nodded her head, making noises of approval, all the while feeling sick inside.

A flash of ginger hair.

She scanned the lines of slaves.

There.

Obi-Wan.

Like everyone else, he had a metal collar around his neck, but compared to the others around him, he looked in remarkably good condition. Tyan could only hope that it lasted until he could escape.

The lines moved, and she lost sight of him.

A squelching noise. One of the men had fallen. Tyan could feel his life, a shimmering light in the Force, growing fainter. The supervisor for his work sector repeatedly prodded him with a force-pike, increasing the power each time he did so.

There was no reaction from the weakened human.

The Drancor grinned cruelly, and shifted his grip on the force-pike. Placing the tip of the blade so that it just touched the bare flesh of the human's back, he jerked his arms to the side.

Blood poured from the wound to stain the mud a dark red.

The human remained motionless on the ground. He was too far gone to feel anything. The Drancor seemed to realize this. He snorted in disgust and slithered away to torture more slaves.

Tyan did not feel or see sympathy from the other humans. Their eyes were dull, deadened. Desensitized.

It did not take long for that light in the Force to diminish to a tiny pinpoint, then fade away altogether.

24. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Uh oh...

Ah Clare! Ya gotta post more soon! Pwetty pwease? *puppy dog eyes*

25. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    The lady in green would be me, Clare. RPG that me and DD are together on, in which I was known as only "the lady in green" for about a week, I think.

Good post. Geez, I hate theses aliens more and more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.