main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Betrayals, Conflicts...and Love (JA, AU) - Updated 28/7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediClare, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    A post! :D

< > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < >

I promise.

Qui-Gon's Force-words filtered dimly into Obi-Wan's mind, then faded away, unable to remain in his half-conscious state.

But it was enough for the Padawan to feel a glimmer of hope. Maybe, just maybe -

You delude yourself, Kenobi.

The little voice was back.

He's not going to return for you. He's not going to return for some worthless failure.

The tiny bit of hope Obi-Wan had grasped vanished, his hold on it easily broken by his uncertainty and guilt.

He will come back, he argued, but weakly, lacking conviction.

Will he? the voice taunted before he blacked out again.

>< >< >< >< ><

Tyan ran as she had never run before.

She leapt over rocks and tree roots, ducked under low branches, swerved around thick tree trunks. The sounds of blaster fire faded behind them and the red bolts ceased to smoke the wood of the trees around her.

The human finally slowed his pace, listening intently for sounds of pursuit. Satisfied that none of the Drancors were suicidal enough to chase them into the forest, he reduced his speed further to allow Tyan to catch her breath.

?Who are you?? Tyan gasped. Having to keep Obi-Wan aloft was occupying so much of her concentration and taxing her mental strength to the extent that she dared not use the Force to refresh herself lest she drop the boy.

?Brek?yon,? the man replied in a whisper. When he volunteered no more information, she asked, ?Where are you from??

Her query was met with silence. Her panting was the only sound in the eerie quiet of the forest.

?Why did you help us??

No answer this time, either. His Force-presence was tinged with irritation and worry. Tyan decided to keep quiet.

They traveled on. Obi-Wan noiselessly floated along beside them. With his injuries and the blood on his body contrasting sharply with his pallid skin, he looked almost like a ghost out of a horror holovid.

Finally, when Tyan was beginning to feel that wherever Brek'yon was leading her to was on the other side of Shandav, he stopped and stood in place with an expectant air, eyes scanning the surroundings. The Jedi stopped as well, senses alert for whatever it was that the human was expecting.

Tyan only sensed a second human approaching a mere few seconds before the leaves of a large bush nearby rustled and he stepped out from behind it. She must be more exhausted than she thought.

The new human was dressed in clothes that were in better condition than Braek?yon?s. He was also cleaner, had short brown hair and was clean-shaven. Tyan noticed that he had boots on.

?Jedi,? he greeted, extending a callused hand. Tyan briefly shook it. ?I am Nikod?mus, the leader of the human colony on Shandav. Or what?s left of it,? he added darkly.

?Nikod?mus,? Tyan acknowledged. ?I am Tyan Izban, Jedi Master.?

?Come this way,? Nikod?mus waved a hand in the direction he had come from, ?and I?ll answer the questions I know you must have, if I can.?

?I would like Obi-Wan to be treated first,? she said, indicating the Padawan with a nod of her head.

?Yes, of course. We have healers who are used to treating such injuries.? Nikod?mus started off, followed by Tyan. Brek?yon stayed at the back of their little group, always on the lookout for danger, and all the time remaining silent.

2. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I love you, Clare! Not really, but I'm so happy you posted! I hope Obi gets healed soon! :(

Anyway, MORE SOON PLEASE! :)

KenobisGirl :cool:

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You're back!

4. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL, KG. I love you all too, for reading this. :D

Fixed the post a bit, but nothing major.

= Clare =

5. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  6. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    You´re back, finally :) !!!
    Great post!!!

Obi, don´t believe this evil voice in your head, rust Qui-Gon, trust your feelings!!!!

NEED MORE PLEASE

Angel_Skywalker

7. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    DRL has me very busy these days. I'm sorry, but expect the next post sometime in June, during my school holidays. Sorry for making you all wait for so long for the next post, but school is being a Sith. Hope you all understand, and hope to see you guys still reading this fic in June.

:)

= Clare =

8. blueangel

blueangel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2001
    Obi is still in bad condition !!

He has to trust Qui-Gon, this damn machine *grr*

School is awful!! I know it myself good enough!!
    I hope you´ll find time to write!!!
    But don´t worry, we´ll be still here, even in June :)

POST MORE SOON PLEASE
    ( I won´t give up hope :) )
    blueangel

9. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    June??? <faints> THUD!

~Swede :p

10. blueangel

blueangel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2001
    You really want to wait until june, right! It´s only may now *snief*

But I will up this nevertheless, it´s too good to be forotten :) !

ba

11. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Well, we have AOTC to hold us until June, right?

12. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    That´s a point Kenobis girl, though apost wouldn´t be wrong ;)

Angel

13. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    lo clare... finally found ur ficcy... :D n its reely great manz, although i do disapprove of da leetle obi torture u added in smwhere... other den dat... U RAWK MAN... lolz, do faster finish wad leetle hmwk we haf den write ur fic

14. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi, all! :)

Thanks for still being around :)

I decided to post to celebrate the release of AOTC. :p

AOTC was great, especially Yoda! Didn't like the romance parts though.

And of course, watching it in costume was the best. :D

Okay, I'll stop babbling now and give you your post. :p

He drifted aimlessly through the darkness.

Alone.

Was he awake? Or asleep? He could not feel his own body. Was this a dream?

Or a nightmare? something whispered.

Where is everyone? he wondered.

There was no answer.

The oppressive silence mocked him. Where is everyone? it seemed to say. Where is your Master?

Where
    was his Master?

A scrap of sound, loud in the vacuum, caught his attention.

"...abandoned you, Kenobi..."

His mind brought up the memory of the entire sentence, against his will. He could not stop the memory from surfacing.

"Your precious Master abandoned you, Kenobi," ERMONG taunted.

"Like Sith he did." His reply.

Then where is he now?

Obi-Wan could not be sure if that was ERMONG speaking...or himself.

Where is he now? the question was asked again. Where is the mighty Qui-Gon Jinn who should come and save you?

He?s coming, Obi-Wan snapped, suddenly afraid.

He sure is taking his time. The voice (ERMONG? Himself?) chuckled. He?s taking so long, one might even think he WON?T BE COMING!

Won?t be coming?won?t be coming?won?t be coming... the shout echoed.

Composure instilled by Jedi discipline cracked.
    Shut up! Obi-Wan shrieked. If he were loud enough, maybe he could drown out that nightmarish voice.

Of course. The voice retreated.

But Obi-Wan could not forget its words.

Won?t be coming.

Qui-Gon will come, he reassured himself. Yet what he told himself did little to erase his unease.

Perhaps it was the drug they had given him, or the Force, or some other reason unknown to him. He felt himself suddenly spiralling down into unconsciousness. The memory of this dream, as he chose to call it, faded away...but the emotions did not.

>< >< >< >< ><

The clearing where the humans had set up their little huts felt different. The Drancors? building had reeked of death and decay. The humans??camp ? for lack of a better word ? wasn?t exactly bursting with life and happiness, but it felt cleaner and more alive. Tyan gladly welcomed the change.

?It?s quite safe here,? Nikod?mus told Tyan. ?The Drancors haven?t discovered us yet. They wouldn?t be able to attack us if they did, anyway. We?re surrounded by the forest, which, as I believe you?ve seen, they can?t penetrate.?

?They could if they used ships. Even a strafing by a single fighter could do you a lot of damage,? Tyan pointed out. ?Your homes are completely exposed.?

Nikod?mus grinned, suddenly dropping the formality. ?But they don?t have ships.?

She blinked in surprise. ?Why not? What about trade? How do they get the things they need??

The human leader shrugged. ?Actually, we don?t know. It?s probably one of those funny Drancor customs or whatever. As for trade, they don?t need it. Shandav is actually quite self-sufficient. On the other side of the planet is a huge dome building where they grow food, and there?s also a whole lot of manufacturing plants where they make what they need. The metals come from a large cluster of mines nearby. They don?t have to make ships, so that simplifies things.?

?A trap, perhaps??

?I don?t think so. We?ve been at this for, what, a couple of years now? And they haven?t done anything of that sort. Kinda long to wait, if you ask me,? Nikod?mus said. His eyes seemed to change color, from a light blue to a darker, more sorrowful shade. ?Two years,? he murmured, staring off into space, lost in his thoughts. ?Two years?and it seems much, much longer?? Then he seemed to remember where he was, and shook his head as if to clear it. He glanced at Tyan, then at Obi-Wan. ?We?d better

15. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Thanks for the post! It´s great! Poor, poor Obi. This time he´s really in trouble. But Where is Qui-Gon to say it with Obi´s words. He should be there to save his little Padawan!

Can´t wait to see AOTC as well! It seems to be much better than TPM !! Don´t forget Anakin is part of the romace so it can´t be as good as the rest of the film :D

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

16. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002
    lolz, clare, goot to see that u finally posted up da nxt chap, along w/ some changes... veri goot, its damn nice, continue writing, 1 more week to june hols geog test... sighz...

17. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooooo, Clare, I'm so happy you posted! And now Obi's poisoned?! AOTC comes out and you POISON Obi to celebrate?!

COOL!

More soon please! :)

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I agree with KenobisGirl what a way to celebrate the opening of the movie 8-}

Study hard so you can write more :)

19. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Are you still studying so much? Didn´t you say that you would have more time to write in june? It´s june, now! :p

Don´t want to disturb you, but this fic needed to be UP!

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

20. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    You haven´t forgotten this, right? You´re still here, aren´t you? PLEASE POST !!!!

Angel

21. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I owe you guys an apology and an explanation for this fic's state of non-post-ness.

First, I got hit by the 'why-the-heck-am-I-writing-this-this-is-stupid' monster, and considered abandoning this. Now I've gotten over that (well, more or less. Now I think my writing has 'deproved', not improved) and I figure if this is indeed stupid, continuing with it can't do it more harm.

Then I wanted to finish the whole fic on MSWord before I posted the rest, so if I discovered any plotholes, I could go back and fix them (I have a fear of plotholes). But things don't always turn out the way you want them. My computer had some major problems. Never mind. At least my fics were still accessible on the hard drive. Then to allow access to other applications, the computer was reformatted, sort of like a memory wipe. But that was okay. Everything was backed up in diskettes, including my fics. Then guess what?

Turns out that the diskette I saved my fics in -- which had been working fine all this while -- had some problems and the computer cannot read it. Not in Windows Explorer, not in Word, not in Wordpad, not even in PowerPoint. It either tells me that 'A:\ is not accessible. The system cannot read from the specified device', or it turns up a '0 file(s) found' result.

So I've gotten fed up with it and have decided to just write and post. So if you see plotholes, you know why. And if you do, please tell me so I can fix them, or explain them, or something.

If anyone has a way to recover the lost files on a diskette, please let me, the computer-ignoramus, know. I'll be very grateful.

A very big 'Sorry!' :( to everyone who has been waiting (and waiting and waiting) for a post on this fic. And thank you soooooo much for reading this 'newbie' fic (you might have noticed the lingering effects of Darth This-Fic-Is-Stupid).

And should I relapse into such a state again, rest assured delta7_interceptor will bug me like heck at school (at least, I think she will :p) to post.

Something I should clarify (a little late though it may be): 'Love' in the title does not mean there's going to be romance. It just points to Master/Padawan love (and not the slash kind :p). Even if no one thought of romance appearing in this fic, I thought I'd mention that just in case. A slight change has been made to the title. Also, this is now an AU fic, as I have finally decided on which ending I want (and I think I might have given the ending away with that one statement).

No antidote.

"Like I said, it's a rare poison, so we still can't be sure who will not make it, and who will survive. But he - " Gaxine nodded at the unconscious figure on the air stretcher - "is a Jedi. He might live. Who knows?"

Nikod'mus touched Tyan's arm gently. "Have some hope," he said quietly. "Our last patient almost survived. She lost the battle in the end, but she almost made it. Have some hope," he repeated, as Gaxine, with the help of another healer, carried Obi-Wan on the stretcher away.

Tyan nodded once, a little smile appearing, but that smile could not reach her amber eyes. "Sometimes, hope is all we have."

"Yes," Nikod'mus agreed, his thoughts darkening suddenly. "Many times, hope is all we have. Get some rest," he said, changing the subject abruptly. "I'm sure you are tired. Dealing with Drancors does that to anyone. We have an empty hut. Its owner...vacated it recently." Through the veil of darkness surrounding his emotions, Tyan could sense a stab of pain. "You are free to stay with us as long as you need to. If you need any help, you only need to ask anyone. All of us humans will help you if we can."

"Thank you for your hospitality, Nikod'mus," Tyan said, bowing slightly, sensing no deceit or ill-intent.

"No thanks are needed. We are always willing to help those who despise the Drancors," the human replied.

The Jedi Master was about to say something, but was interrupted by a long, low note that sounde

22. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CLARE U FINALLY FINALLY UPPED THE FICCCCCC...

after countless bugging, pleading, assurances, u finally uploadeddddd... :: jumps around room in joy ::

nice post, i muz sae, veri descriptive.. glad to see u finally finish it. and u RE GOING TO FINISH THE ENTIRE FIC, u hear me? no more giving up kk...

relax ppl, rest assured tt i shall bug her until she finally cums back with another nice postie for us... ;)

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Very, very, VERY nice, Clare. Beautiful. Please don't stop, this is really good!

24. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Ooooo, Clare! Do you know how excited I was to see that you had updated?! I don't think your writing has "deproved." It's so great!

That was an awesome post, and I'm definitely looking forward to more! :)

KenobisGirl :p

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I glad to see you came back to this Clare. Great job :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.